Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The First In-depth Interview with Wayne Mumford

It was our pleasure to chat with the club's new Commercial Director a short while ago.

Read all about his background, how he met Thomas and thoughts on the future plans for our club here: 

https://www.castrust.org/2020/11/exclusive-mumford-interview-when-i-walked-into-charlton-i-felt-at-home/

Comments

• Excellent read, thanks. Sounds like a great addition to TS's team, interesting how early he was involved as well.
  • Really enjoyed that

Answers the question on another thread as to who we have to thank for helping Thomas choose us over the other clubs he looked at
  • Brilliant! After reading that I am starting to believe I can enjoy football again, and, more importantly, enjoy being a Charlton supporter.
    I might even rejoin Valley Gold!
  • Look forward to reading, thankyou for posting!
  • Another of the essential, much missed building blocks which a successful football club needs to secure its foundations. 

As far as I'm concerned @bolloxbolder, Charlton ARE back !

( Or should that be Charlton IS back ? I'll settle for both....)
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent interview.  Well done, @castrust.

• Another of the essential, much missed building blocks which a successful football club needs to secure its foundations. 

All the time Roland owns the physical assets, we are not back.
  • Glad people are enjoying it! Spent an hour chatting with Wayne - and ended up including almost every word in the write-up.

His view on returning to Charlton and thinking of it as "not a League One club" reminded me of Chris Powell saying similar when he came back as manager - we were in third tier but as far as Powell was concerned - from his own experience - he believed in us as a Prem club. 

Some of the global stuff is highly ambitious and some will question how achievable it is, but personally I'm happy to take the approach of "reach for the stars and you might get to the moon". And that's coming from a dyed-in-the-wool realist with @oohaahmortimer tendencies. 
    Great work @wee@"Weegie Addick" I thoroughly enjoyed that 
  • Just like Ged’s interview this was a fascinating read. The Chinese part was very interesting. Having someone with connections into that particular market would potentially be very lucrative. So many things going for Charlton. If the right things are put in place the club can really make progress.

All the time Roland owns the physical assets, we are not back.
    Just a matter of time
  • Really enjoyed that, thanks Weegie/Trust. What a turn around at CAFC in such a short time. Big plans, exciting times. Thanks TS
  • good article Weegie but I would rather hear  how they intend to rebuild the medical and fitness side of the club
  • Good interview.
    He mentioned the women’s team in passing there, but didn’t give much away.
    This is something I’ve been wondering about since the takeover and haven’t seen much talk on it - ie do TS and WM have any plans for the women’s team as we move forward? 
    I’d imagine, from the way Wayne speaks, that he sees value there, but I’d really like to see the women’s team make some progress and get back into the elite group of teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Outstanding read. We’re so lucky to finally have smart and thoughtful people steering the ship. I’ve got a feeling that decades of good karma is finally coming to fruition
  • Good interview.
    He mentioned the women’s team in passing there, but didn’t give much away.
    This is something I’ve been wondering about since the takeover and haven’t seen much talk on it - ie do TS and WM have any plans for the women’s team as we move forward? 
    I’d imagine, from the way Wayne speaks, that he sees value there, but I’d really like to see the women’s team make some progress and get back into the elite group of teams.
    Thomas himself touched on this when CAST had a meeting with him a few weeks ago:

The Women’s Team

Thomas was due to have a meeting recently with Stephen King and Steve Adamson regarding the future of the women’s team but it was postponed when his flight was cancelled at the last minute. He thinks it would be “a smart move to bring everything together” and also sees it as an opportunity to broaden the club’s outreach.

Full article -https://www.castrust.org/2020/10/sandgaard-im-surprised-the-club-isnt-more-of-a-mess/

• Great interview Weegie.
  • Fartwell and Elliottt had great plans as well...

Upgrading the Rangies
  • Impressive. I get the impression Thomas doesn’t do failure!!!
  • As usual, brilliantly expressed @Grapevine49. Thank you for kind comments.
  • A great read, thanks @Weegie Addick
    Thoughts of Charlton now, compared to only a few weeks ago, are ones of hope and happiness. The ‘we’ has been put back into our club. 
    Mr Mumford looks and feels like a very good fit for Charlton.