Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton launch Google Chrome homepage extension

Charlton Athletic fans are now able to keep up to date with everything Addicks-related when they go to browse online.

By downloading the official Charlton Athletic Google Chrome extension here, fans will be able to quickly access websites throughout the CAFC network, including our Ticketing Website, Valley Pass, Charlton News and much more.

Your homepage will also be customised with Charlton related pictures and graphics, so you can show your support at home, at work and out and about. We will be looking to update these pictures every couple of weeks and we know what you would like to see there. Whether it’s pictures you’ve taken yourself, to player specific requests, simply email fanexperience@cafc.co.uk.

There’s also a handy social media feed that displays, keeping you up to date with everything that’s happening on the club’s Twitter and Instagram pages.

The extension is available to all fans who use Google Chrome on a desktop device, with plans for a mobile devices coming shortly.

Click here to add the official Charlton Athletic Chrome Extension to your Chrome browser now

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5fb7d1616ffd7/charlton-launch-google-chrome-homepage-extension

Comments

• Sounds like another shrewd move
  • seth plum said:
    Feck!
    I need to use google translate to understand what this means in simple terms.
    It's one of those Appliances, Seth. ;-)
  • the default search option on the page is worth changing
  • Notice that the ValleyPass section has had a revamp as well when you click that link from the installed Extension
  • bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Feck!
    Riiiight.
    Does it mean I can somehow get Valley Pass on my smart TV (once I have opened the box and set it up) without having to 'cast' it?
  • I already get Charlton related notifications on my PC in Chrome, so this is the next stage I imagine
  • I have absolutely no idea what this means 
  • Sponsored links:

• I have absolutely no idea what this means 
     Not done it yet but if you search for anything on Google your home Google search page will be littered with all things Charlton.
    Seeing as most people use Google a hundred times a day they'll never escape CAFC
  • I like it but is it possible to remove any of the icons to make way for others?. I know there is the option of the 'Frequently Visited' link but didn't want to clutter the main page up too much.
  • I like it but is it possible to remove any of the icons to make way for others?. I know there is the option of the 'Frequently Visited' link but didn't want to clutter the main page up too much.
    Hover over the top right of each icon till you see the 3 dots - click em. 

• Good to see Charlton life there... do they admin/owners of this website collect and commission for this? 
  • EastStand said:
    I like it but is it possible to remove any of the icons to make way for others?. I know there is the option of the 'Frequently Visited' link but didn't want to clutter the main page up too much.
    Hover over the top right of each icon till you see the 3 dots - click em. 

Great, thanks
  • Rudders22 said:
    Good to see Charlton life there... do they admin/owners of this website collect and commission for this? 
    Of course ...... how else do you think AFKA can afford to live in Sidcup; and @LoOkOuT to buy his own sub-tropical island?  :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:
    A perfect story, in two parts 

I have absolutely no idea what this means either 
  • Is this all to do with this interweb thingy?
  • ANOTHER THING THIS DANISH IMPOSTER HAS NICKED OFF OF ELLIOTTT AND FARNELL!!!
  • edited November 2020
    Why is this a thing?
  • edited November 2020
    It's just like customising your desktop on your PC but on Google Chrome's webpage. 

Bit of a gimmick but the younger crowd may like it.
  • seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Feck!
    Riiiight.
    Does it mean I can somehow get Valley Pass on my smart TV (once I have opened the box and set it up) without having to 'cast' it?
    Your smart TV should be able to do that without any of this.
  • edited November 2020
    Chizz said:
    A perfect story, in two parts 

I have absolutely no idea what this means either 
    I havent got a clue either. 

• I had the Chrome extension and was happy except that it defaults to Ask rubbish search engine. Not a techie so asking if it's possible to have the extension but select your own default search engine?  When I tried to change search engine before it removed the extension.