Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swansea v Charlton - Poll, pre-match thoughts etc

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
So we've all agreed we've turned a slight corner, but can we now avoid three drains, walking under a ladder and make a big leap off the curb into Awaywin Avenue ??

Same team, or would you make any changes ?

How do you see it going blah blah....

Comments

• Ha ha - love it.

I really fancy this as a nervous 2-0 win (Dickson and Ward). There is no serious thinking behind this other than i'm looking forward to the whole weekend loads and planning a big day/night down there.

Can't really see too many changes from the past two games and hope we can inflict a rare defeat on them after their midweek excursions. Surely they are due a blip!?

The Welsh mate i'm meeting down there and is coming with me text me last night "Right mate, how does the chant go? Come on you Eagles?" Tosser!

Come on you Reds!!
  • As Swansea actually play football I reckon we might stand a good chance as it'll give our players time to to something with the ball and space to do it in.
  • They will be tired having played midweek and have lost a few midfielders but Scotland is on fire.

Charlton to go 4-5-1 with Shelvey in the whole behind Kandol. Dickson to do what he does and come off the bench.

Jon Jo will celebrate his new contract with the winner from a late free kick after we've been under a lot of pressure, all repulsed by our hearts of oak defence.

1 - 0 to the Ing-er-land
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]As Swansea actually play football I reckon we might stand a good chance as it'll give our players time to to something with the ball and space to do it in.

Good point, they're usually the matches we perform in. If they push right up the pitch it'll give Dickson and Kandol space to use their pace, and Sam if he comes on.

I think he'll stick with the same team, but it could be a better game to play Jonjo in. He wasn't going to be playing for the reserves last night either.
  • edited February 2009
    Its got 2-0 win to us written all over it?!!

Has to be same line up as previous two games just with burton back on bench
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Scotland is on fire

Hooray!!! only Wales to go then...
  • Just can't see us winning this one I'm afraid. I think they'll be too strong.

Some decent set pieces will be the key to winning it though as their about as bad as us defending them!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Just can't see us winning this one I'm afraid. I think they'll be too strong.

Some decent set pieces will be the key to winning it though as their about as bad as us defending them!

I can see Ward's first goal then. Thinking about it, they looked the better team, especially at playing good football on the first game of the season. We won it from two set pieces then.

Might be worth having Jonjo in the team for that, but would Parkinson drop Dickson who doesn't deserve to be dropped? Kandol would be the one to play as he's the better one in the air, bigger and stronger.
  • Passport all ready for saturday. Looking forward to this one and can't wait to get on the Brains. Would take a point from this one and then 2 home wins the following week.
  • I voted win - have got a good feeling about this one (at the moment)
  • Sponsored links:

• Would love to say a win but think this maybe a leap to far at the mo.
    More important is 2 wins at home.

Here's hoping COYR'S
  • edited February 2009
    After there game against Fulham i'll expect them to be tired so ill go for a 1-1 draw
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]They will be tired having played midweek and have lost a few midfielders but Scotland is on fire.
  • nice work salad i salute you sir on that one..
  • Can't see us getting anything..but i'll be there with 1965jr in tow :)
  • I've gone for a win - will be the turning point of the season!

Followed up by six points at home next week...
  • 2-1 to us Racon and bailey to score and a wild goal from a swansea player.
  • Honestly can't see us gettin anything at Swansea, I think the big thing will be gettin the players chins up for the back to back home games that immediately follow it.
  • Sadly i see a home win.

I think they are playing with too much free flowing consistency for us at the moment.

Interesting they have a couple of midfielders out. If we are to get anything then we have to win this battle, and hope one of our strikers can find their scoring boots.
  • Battling draw. 1-1.

Soares for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1-1...........Racon after 20 minutes...........they equliase in 88th minute.
  • I'm not expecting much from this - I'd take a boring 0-0 now.
  • If we could get a point or even a sneaky win that would set us up nicely for the home games,
    play the same side if possible and give it a right good go!

p.s. don't wear white jumpers, not a good place to look like a sheep.
  • Draw from this one, need to keep this run going to keep building the confidence.
  • Went for 5-0 Charlton in both our last games...

I have decided to be rather more realistic this time, I reckon 1-2 to us, Scotland to get the first for them, with Charlton to get 2 goals in the final 5 minutes of the game, the second from a controversial penalty given for a foul later to be proven to be outside of the box.
  • If we get anything from this match I will be pleased.
  • Still think we're hopeless away from home so it will result in a defeat against a good side.
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2009
    Had this down as a loss on the BBC predictor, so wont be too dissapointed and it wont affect my masterplan if we lose, so anything else is a bonus, however, wins against Donny and Watford next week are vital and will really heap the pressure on Saints, Forest, Norwich & Plymouth
  • that's exactly how i see things DA9, so you can be assured you are in tune with a great footballing brain :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]that's exactly how i see things DA9, so you can be assured you are in tune with a great footballing brain :-)

You been on FM again?