Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thomas to lose £20m this season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54994484

Not seen it on here but if it is can admin please close thread.

Comments

• Zynex market capitalisation increased by roughly $200m this year. 
  • He's spending it all on fancy cars and bread isn't he......

Seriously, £20m is a hefty amount, surprised it is that high to be honest but don't know the minute detail of it all but it does seem high, especially as so far not really spent any cash on players (fee's) but have received some incoming which must be net £3m+ ? And wages will be down compared to usual with the player wage cap and the staff on Furlough.
  • Didn’t he actually say between 10-20 million?
    Still a shed load but I think on a par with many others during these unprecedented time’s isn’t it?
  • edited November 2020
    He is smart and has the required experience.

He owns the club, was prepared for it and would have been aware of all of this.

It's not really our problem or our concern.

He knows what he's doing and I hope for his sake he will eventually make an overall deserved large profit. It will be great. He can prove that doing things the right considerate and respectful way is what will make you successful.

For now, it's obviously not going to happen, but he can take it.

He is not Roland. His problem is not our problem.

He is not a crybaby.

He can afford these initial cut backs and debts.

He's fighting to get us back to the top and make us successful.

No point in this thread.
  • Think good old RD got it down to 0.5m operating loss a month in League 1. I doubt we are much worse off (excluding Covid) than that what with the salary cap, so maybe it is in the region now with Covid of £1m a month operating so some of that will be offset by sales, fingers crossed he only loses single digit millions! Still a big 'ouch' though.
  • edited November 2020
    Not sure how he can lose 20m with a 2.5m salary cap.

I know youngsters are not included in that and others like Amos and Williams are on more money but allowed as they resigned before the cap deadline, but even if we said the squad and staff total wage bill was 7m, what's the other 13m going on?

And although there's no fans at games, we still have some income. Sponsorships, incoming transfer fees, people buying Valley Passes, football kits etc. 
  • I guess it depends on the definition of loss. It can be both actual loss (expenditure greater than revenue) or loss of potential earnings or an accounting loss.

The £20m most likely includes transaction fees for the sale of the club, and legal fees for the ongoing dispute with Elliott. But it might also include potential revenue streams that are not achievable in the current climate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Could also include any planned work he feels need doing ASAP
  • That's just the tip of the iceberg though. Imagine what those figures are like when Farnell and Elliott's loses are factored in!
  • I very much doubt that Thomas will analyse Charlton's accounts, while smiling at the value of a Zynex's outstanding shares. Just a personal thought. 
  • I think its in reply to today's announcement that Government help for sport wont be available to the top 4 divisions. He was on BBC news at 1 (wearing a CAFC top) and as a pp said, just pointing our to Elliott that if he really wants to own us be prepared for Very BIG loses.
  • Not sure how he can lose 20m with a 2.5m salary cap.

I know youngsters are not included in that and others like Amos and Williams are on more money but allowed as they resigned before the cap deadline, but even if we said the squad and staff total wage bill was 7m, what's the other 13m going on?

And although there's no fans at games, we still have some income. Sponsorships, incoming transfer fees, people buying Valley Passes, football kits etc. 
    Rent for sparrows and the valley?
  • £12m he has put in the bank to cover costs plus £1m tax bill
  • Stig said:
    That's just the tip of the iceberg though. Imagine what those figures are like when Farnell and Elliott's loses are factored in!
    £20m and £1.00
  • I'm slightly suspicious of the £10m to £20m range as it's so wide. It's hard to believe that depending on what happens this season, we could lose an extra £10m in one scenario over another.
  • Sponsored links:

• This may have already been posted but how great does it feel to have an owner who cares.

Reassuring to know that I can now tell the missus that with that cushion we have the same living room design as a multi millionaire.
    Is Tommy doing a Nimer then and that Staircase background etc. is just wallpaper? ;)
  • Well, Freshfields aren't cheap.
  • edited November 2020
    Rob7Lee said:
    Think good old RD got it down to 0.5m operating loss a month in League 1. I doubt we are much worse off (excluding Covid) than that what with the salary cap, so maybe it is in the region now with Covid of £1m a month operating so some of that will be offset by sales, fingers crossed he only loses single digit millions! Still a big 'ouch' though.
    The accounts say otherwise. The operating loss was well over £10m in both 2018 and 2019. I think it’s unlikely the club will lose £20m in 20/21 because of reduced costs as well as revenue, but we know what it lost in L1 under RD because we have the accounts. We don’t have to rely on the nonsense spouted by Roland’s puppets.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Think good old RD got it down to 0.5m operating loss a month in League 1. I doubt we are much worse off (excluding Covid) than that what with the salary cap, so maybe it is in the region now with Covid of £1m a month operating so some of that will be offset by sales, fingers crossed he only loses single digit millions! Still a big 'ouch' though.
    The accounts say otherwise. The operating loss was well over £10m in both 2018 and 2019. I think it’s unlikely the club will lose £20m in 20/21 because of reduced costs as well as revenue, but we know what it lost in L1 under RD because we have the accounts. We don’t have to rely on the nonsense spouted by Roland’s puppets.
    Depends which page/report you read, on the Baton accounts the fools managed to state "The profit for the year, after taxation, amounted to £10.442m (2018  -£10.447m). £1.28m was interest on group loans so a paper money swap in reality and a small sum for rent, again intra group

From memory there was also post balance sheet sales around £4m+ 
  • Reckon Elliott dodged a bullet with hid £500k. You'd think he'd shut up and f*ck off
  • edited November 2020
  • I imagine a large part of the strategy will be to make more money or achieve better commercial terms for when we sell young talent.  Gomez being the best example of how incompetent Roland’s regime was when it came to selling young talent.  

I know Corona could impact prices in the short term, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the likes of Alfie Doughty go for £5m + if he continues to impress.  I fully expect to see a much more robust player sales value(s) in the future.

• Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Depends which page/report you read, on the Baton accounts the fools managed to state "The profit for the year, after taxation, amounted to £10.442m (2018  -£10.447m). £1.28m was interest on group loans so a paper money swap in reality and a small sum for rent, again intra group

The operating loss in the accounts is quoted before interest charges (and obviously before player trading).  The bottom line loss was £10m in each accounting year. You can look at this in various ways - the actual funding requirement for example - but no matter how you box it up it’s hard to see how the numbers support the idea that “RD got it down to 0.5m operating loss a month in League 1”. The operating losses reported equate to almost £1m a month in 2019 and well over £1m in 2018.
  • Thank you TS, once again. No idea where we would be at the moment if he didn't come along. Seriously, what situation do you think the club would currently be facing was that the case?
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:

The operating loss in the accounts is quoted before interest charges (and obviously before player trading).  The bottom line loss was £10m in each accounting year. You can look at this in various ways - the actual funding requirement for example - but no matter how you box it up it’s hard to see how the numbers support the idea that “RD got it down to 0.5m operating loss a month in League 1”. The operating losses reported equate to almost £1m a month in 2019 and well over £1m in 2018.

By operating loss I mean what did he have to put in during the accounting period as that ultimately is what the owner has lost to run the club for the year and ultimately what we are talking about here. So unless i've missed something glaringly obvious I read it as;

End of previous year there was £360k in the bank.
    Loan from Parent during the year of £5.694m
    Cash in bank at end of this period £482k

So the paper cash input required was around £5.4m, but remember £1.2m he pays back to himself in interest, so net net was £4.232m that he physically had to write a cheque for, the rest is all paper, accounting and noise. 

Just to add, I wouldn't personally include it in the above but the accounts also quote £4.2m received post balance sheet production and £221k spent, so basically if i'm right above the old codger is saying bar about £200k he broke even!