Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley Gold Store Discount

So I have Valley Gold and I can't get the discount of 10% online, its in store only. That is outrageous given we are currently in lock down. 

I am now not going to purchase online due to principal. 

Comments

• Ok Karen 
    Oh here he is! #Wum
  • Bugger.

Didn't even think of my VG discount for my last two purchases, which have been well over £200.

Surely the online system from your own personal log in should be able to automatically include the discount as they aware of all VG members.

@ValleyGold?
  • Are staff there? Maybe try calling?
  • CAFCTrev said:
    The postage is the biggest bastard, they still charge the full (nearly ten quid!) postage even if you spend £100 plus! Nearly all online retailers help you out with free postage if you spend over a certain amount. 
    Yeah, jumps from £5 to £7 when you go over a £50 spend, not great
  • Addickted said:
    Bugger.

Didn't even think of my VG discount for my last two purchases, which have been well over £200.

Surely the online system from your own personal log in should be able to automatically include the discount as they aware of all VG members.

@ValleyGold?
    Works this way easily enough when buying season tickets, although maybe as that booking site is run by the club they have a closer relationship with Valley Gold than the clubshop does. In fact the clubshop website doesn't even seem to have that great a relationship with the clubshop itself 
  • Just had this back. 

"At the moment we cant do the 10% online in the shop as it is not run by the club but by elite sports and they don’t have the data on their system"

Surely there is a work around 
  • I'm guessing its abusable online, where a valley gold number could be passed around, but if you have to have a physical card instore its different, don't shoot the messenger!
  • robroy said:
    Just had this back. 

"At the moment we cant do the 10% online in the shop as it is not run by the club but by elite sports and they don’t have the data on their system"

Considering 2 of the 3 perks of VG are away tickets and shop discount.. you'd think they would do something. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm guessing its abusable online, where a valley gold number could be passed around, but if you have to have a physical card instore its different, don't shoot the messenger!
    What they could do is email you a code once its verified to use on the site, very simple to do. Valley Gold will keep it's members happy and Elite Sports will take more revenue from people ordering?
  • rikofold said:
    shine166 said:
    robroy said:
    Just had this back. 

Considering 2 of the 3 perks of VG are away tickets and shop discount.. you'd think they would do something. 
    But apart from the big draws, the weekly draws, the daily draws, the crossbar challenge, the exec box, the season ticket discounts, the home and away ticket priority, and the warm and fuzzy feeling it gives me when I think about how it helps the deaf team, the women's team and the academy, what has Valley Gold ever done for me?
    Why not join up, and give it a try! :-0
  • rikofold said:
    shine166 said:
    robroy said:
    Just had this back. 

But apart from the big draws, the weekly draws, the daily draws, the crossbar challenge, the exec box, the season ticket discounts, the home and away ticket priority, and the warm and fuzzy feeling it gives me when I think about how it helps the deaf team, the women's team and the academy, what has Valley Gold ever done for me?
    Fingers crossed im in the exec box for the next home game x 

• rikofold said:
    Hi all - we're aware, and we're working on it - but you're going to need to be a little patient.

At the moment you'll only get a discount if you flash your card in the shop.  The main reason for this is that we cannot share your personal data with Elite Sports for them to check entitlement - GDPR and all that.  They're happy to take the presentation of your card in good faith in the shop. 

We're working on the GDPR bit. Updated privacy policy coming soon, by the way. 

But even then we have to work on integrating three different systems to facilitate the checks needed. 

We'll look into whether there's any way round this, or ways in which we can make shopping easier in the run up to Christmas. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    Just an idea. If a Valley Gold member wants to purchase something on the site, can’t they email valley gold with the details and then get a code. This code can then be discounted on the website for that one off transaction? Just an idea 
  • rikofold said:
    shine166 said:
    robroy said:
    Just had this back. 

To be fair to @shine166, only the draws and the fuzzy feeling are relevant at the moment....
  • robroy said:
    rikofold said:
    Hi all - we're aware, and we're working on it - but you're going to need to be a little patient.

At the moment you'll only get a discount if you flash your card in the shop.  The main reason for this is that we cannot share your personal data with Elite Sports for them to check entitlement - GDPR and all that.  They're happy to take the presentation of your card in good faith in the shop. 

But even then we have to work on integrating three different systems to facilitate the checks needed. 

We'll look into whether there's any way round this, or ways in which we can make shopping easier in the run up to Christmas. 

Just an idea. If a Valley Gold member wants to purchase something on the site, can’t they email valley gold with the details and then get a code. This code can then be discounted on the website for that one off transaction? Just an idea 
    The problem with this is how to ensure it's a VG member using the code. I realise there are ways around any system, but these are benefits for members.
  • rikofold said:
    robroy said:
    rikofold said:

The problem with this is how to ensure it's a VG member using the code. I realise there are ways around any system, but these are benefits for members.
    Surely Valley Gold has an address of its user and when you buy online you do so through your account with said address  

• rikofold said:
    robroy said:
    rikofold said:

Tbh thats the same in store, nobody is asked for ID in the shop 
  • Sponsored links:

• rikofold said:
    shine166 said:
    robroy said:
    Just had this back. 

Beings my VG gives me home ticket priority, I presume im in the hat for attending over the next few weeks ? 
  • shine166 said:
    rikofold said:
    shine166 said:
    robroy said:
    Just had this back. 

Beings my VG gives me home ticket priority, I presume im in the hat for attending over the next few weeks ? 
    It's going to be a nightmare for the club......... even on the assumption London goes into Tier 1 and therefore 4,000 fans rather than 2,000 (in tier 2) can attend, there's more than 4,000 people with Match Tickets as it is, if it's tier 2 as suspected for London it's even more difficult with 2,000 maximum.

Added to that how on earth do you police who attends with a ticket, i.e. what if you live in a Tier 3 area but your football ground is in Tier 1 or 2, can you still go? Will the club not be legally able to sell tickets to people in Tier 3?

I bet there's people having sleepless nights already!

• The valley gold thing sounds annoying, just endemic of that absolute shambles that is our club shop website... mainly just the web design but also the range and price of the stuff on there is pretty awful.

The two most offensive bits of web design that I thought didn't escape the 00s were dead end pages when you filter (e.g. by 'junior') and there's nothing there and also lumping all sizes together in no particular order on some pages (mens and womens sizes, kids sizes, waist/shoe sizes all in one long unstructured list).

Anyway, after I saw it was £25 for a pretty terrifying looking robin mascot toy, Christmas shopping pretty much ended there.
  • edited November 2020
    shine166 said:
    rikofold said:
    robroy said:
    rikofold said:

Tbh thats the same in store, nobody is asked for ID in the shop 
    Surely, it would be simple for the system to check the validity of the Valley Gold membership discount based on the name and address of the person purchasing goods? They have to process the order anyway prior to arranging delivery so all they have to do is check that the VG member address and delivery name/address match to accept the order and associated discount. If Information Governance is the barrier here, they just need very basic data on the VG number and membership postcode to make that happen.

If there is a will, there is a way and, on the face of it, my suggestion feels like a valid way. Certainly, it is more robust than simply showing your VG card in the club shop when they never ask for ID to prove you are the card holder. Maybe they should be doing that, but they don't - even when the shop is not busy. You would have thought that there is a significant amount of money to be made by 'finding a way' in the current lockdown situation and especially approaching Christmas. 

Thomas/Ged: please take note. I want to help put as much into the club as possible but the clock is ticking if you want to take advantage of the opportunities to grow income before Christmas. Like many people out there, I do like a 'bargain'. £50 feels steep for the new shirt but I might be tempted if you honour my 10% VG discount. £45 feels like better value. I also suspect that many people will want to give gift cards as presents and, again, giving a 10% VG discount might sway spending in the club's direction.
  • edited November 2020
    shine166 said:
    rikofold said:
    shine166 said:
    robroy said:
    Just had this back. 

@rikofold will this will be valid for the upcoming games ? 
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    rikofold said:
    shine166 said:
    robroy said:
    Just had this back. 

Sorry only just spotted this. Not sure how it's worked, @ValleyGold may know.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    The postage is the biggest bastard, they still charge the full (nearly ten quid!) postage even if you spend £100 plus! Nearly all online retailers help you out with free postage if you spend over a certain amount. 
    Free postage is a myth.
  • rikofold said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    rikofold said:
    shine166 said:
    robroy said:
    Just had this back. 

Its not been counted so far, st holders, 250 points, 100 points and general sale. Not quite sure my priority for home games will be valid 😅
  • shine166 said:
    rikofold said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    rikofold said:
    shine166 said:
    robroy said:
    Just had this back. 

Its not been counted so far, st holders, 250 points, 100 points and general sale. Not quite sure my priority for home games will be valid 😅
    I've checked, and your VG card can't get you round tier 3... 😉