Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will 2021 be better than 2020 ?

2020 has been a pretty shocking year for many people and I'm curious to know how optimistic people feel for next year? Changes are definitely on the horizon in the way we live our lives but uncertainty still looms large.

Comments

• edited November 2020
    I bloody hope so. Coronavirus resulting in lockdowns etc. which resulted in my wedding being cancelled, followed by a break up and now having to sell the house and move back in with my parents.

At least Thomas Sandgaard completed the takeover!
  • Ross said:
    I bloody hope so. Coronavirus resulting in lockdowns etc. which resulted in my wedding being cancelled, followed by a break up and now having to sell the house and move back in with my parents.

The wedding being cancelled sounds like a good thing then?! 
  • Ross said:

The takeover has been the only really bright spot for me. Too much s*** to list.
  • It is going to be a shit year if it isn't. I include our relegation in that!
  • Ross said:

Sounds like it was not all bad to me. You found out you were not compatible without spending a fortune on a wedding, no need to be sending back all the wedding presents, and not spending another fortune of lawyers.
    Back at the shelter of your parents house you will have the money to enjoy yourself next summer and follow Charlton home and away. Result!
  • I can’t conceive it being worse......2020 has been the worst year of my life.
    Bless you all and may you find contentment and happiness in 2021.
  • bobmunro said:
    Yes it will be.

My wife will be fully recovered, our sons settled in their new homes, the vaccine will free us from this prison, holidays abroad once again, potential retirement (semi-retirement more likely) and Charlton will get promoted.
    I'll just be happy to watch Charlton again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ross said:

Lucky escape mate, I got married and split up three months after. You will look back on that in a few years as a real turning point and lucky escape. 

Wish you all the best for 2021 
  • edited November 2020
    2020 has been a pretty shocking year for many people and I'm curious to know how optimistic people feel for next year? Changes are definitely on the horizon in the way we live our lives but uncertainty still looms large.
    4 Pros:
    Son born
    Roland Out
    Charlton Life continue to deliver the community spirit as and when needed. 
    Thomas Sandgaard is a hero.

4 Cons:
    Matthew Southall
    Tahnoon Marian Al Nasirat Nimer   
    Chris Farnell
    Paul Elliott

4 Negatives: 
    Running has fallen apart
    Social life has fallen apart
    Mental health is fragile
    Relegation
  • edited November 2020
    Football wise very positive. Could be a promotion and England winning a tournament in the same summer. 

Feel like next year will be more of a transition year, as we work towards getting back to pre March time at start of 2022. 
  • Swings and roundabouts

Covid is a bit shit but helped me save a tonne of money and get a new job, and now I'm looking at completing on a house before the year is up. 

But on the whole I think 2021 will be tough, the virus may go away towards the end of it but the economic impact will be here for years
  • sam3110 said:
    Swings and roundabouts

Covid is a bit shit but helped me save a tonne of money and get a new job, and now I'm looking at completing on a house before the year is up. 

But on the whole I think 2021 will be tough, the virus may go away towards the end of it but the economic impact will be here for years
    A house? Did the brains trust talk manage to talk you out of that flat?
  • Pig awful year, it was my 50th this year party cancelled, holiday cancelled, trip kids bought to take me Iceland next month for my 50th cancelled, trip  to Benidorm for a friends retirement  cancelled, trip to Benidorm for a stag weekend cancelled, and divorced after 29 years with a person and mortgaged up to the hilt to buy her out so she can move in with the cunt she had the affair with, 2020 can fucking do one.
  • edited November 2020
    To say it has been a pretty stressful year is an understatement but others have had it far worse, losing friends and family members.

The company I work for was shut for 50 days, huge bills looming with no way of paying them, friends passing away, holidays cancelled  our 2 sons on furlough, and one of them losing their job.

Not being able to see family, missing big birthdays.

Surely 2021 has to be better!!
  • Pig awful year, it was my 50th this year party cancelled, holiday cancelled, trip kids bought to take me Iceland next month for my 50th cancelled, trip  to Benidorm for a friends retirement  cancelled, trip to Benidorm for a stag weekend cancelled, and divorced after 29 years with a person and mortgaged up to the hilt to buy her out so she can move in with the cunt she had the affair with, 2020 can fucking do one.
    Sorry to hear that mate. This is a shocking year, onwards and upwards 
  • Football wise very positive. Could be a promotion and England winning a tournament in the same summer. 

Feel like next year will be more of a transition year, as we work towards getting back to pre March time at start of 2022. 
    Never gonna happen.
  • The only way I can see 2021 being worse, is if was to die in 2021. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Incredibly selfishly, given how terrible many people's lives have been over the past year, this has been the best year of my life by far, and a lot of that is actually due to the consequences of the pandemic. 

Work life balance has never been better. 
    Stamp duty holiday helped me get a house.

Non Covid related I got engaged and I'm about to start a new job in Jan which is a massive promotion. 

And sadly, nothing bad happening to family is actually seen as a positive these days... And 2020 hasn't been too bad for that. 

I hope 2021 is better for everyone, and me too!
  • Huskaris said:
    Incredibly selfishly, given how terrible many people's lives have been over the past year, this has been the best year of my life by far, and a lot of that is actually due to the consequences of the pandemic. 

Non Covid related I got engaged and I'm about to start a new job in Jan which is a massive promotion. 

And sadly, nothing bad happening to family is actually seen as a positive these days... And 2020 hasn't been too bad for that. 

I'm glad someone has had a good year!
  • Huskaris said:
    Incredibly selfishly, given how terrible many people's lives have been over the past year, this has been the best year of my life by far, and a lot of that is actually due to the consequences of the pandemic. 

Cue Golfie 
    don't worry there's still time
    Look on the bright side mate, some of us might not have made it back from Benidorm, although we will be doing it next year at some point (fingers crossed).
  • Yer I know mate, but we would have bloody enjoyed it :D
  • edited November 2020
    I really hope so, 2020 has been terrible for me , going to need most of 2021 for me to have the confidence to return to pre March things.

I'd managed to put a lot of my health issues to the back of my mind only to have them sharply brought back into play with shielding . I'd love to think this time next year full stadia could be a thing again (only game I managed this year was the home win over Barnsley )