Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Masters 2020 Thread

Comments

• Oosthuizen going round with Bryson and Rahm... he could've been worth a E/W punt tbf
  • Bryson deep in the trees at 11, after missing a 3ft putt for a birdie on 10. 
  • Bryson deep in the trees at 11, after missing a 3ft putt for a birdie on 10. 
    What happened with regards to their Tee shot Golfie? both him and Rahm put in the woods and then had a 2nd go and i heard they mentioned a provisional ball, sorry not seen this before but could you clear that up for me. Surely not a free drop? or do they add at the end of the hole based on the stroke count on sky neither got dropped (still playing) 
  • I absolutely detest DeChambeau.

Completely irrational, but I would love it if he had a shocker!
  • Bryson having fun on the 13th!
  • edited November 2020
    RedPanda said:
    Annoys me that Sky coverage doesn't properly start until the evening.

That's down to Augusta and the coverage in the US though.

If you go on The Masters app, or website I think, you can favourite as many players as you want and you get to watch their shots as they happen. In between they're showing leaders and 'great shots'. So you can watch pretty much all over the course all day anyway.
    This also, the app is brilliant you can follow your own players and watch every shot (not live) but really impressed a free app for those who dont have sky 
    Just checked it out - this is excellent. 10/10 best experience in a golf tracking app.

Loaded up all the players that I want to follow and it's been playing a continuous stream of all of their shots, mixed in with a couple of must see moments (eagles etc.), for the last 20 minutes without me having to touch the screen to update it.

No annoying commentary (ambient sounds only) is a lovely bonus!
  • Bryson double bogey on the par 5 13th.
  • I absolutely detest DeChambeau.

Completely irrational, but I would love it if he had a shocker!
    I dont really share this , i dont dislike him personally. 

He is lucky to be on +2 through the first 4 holes, has gone for some silly shots and saved par twice with good putts. Equally should have got a birdie, but needs to compose himself he cant lose the first few holes and once he gets into a stride he will have ample chances to get birdies / eagles, but he needs to play a bit safer until it clicks. 
  • edited November 2020
    Didn’t know who to back - usually do 3 or 4, but just went with one bet - Fitzpatrick £25 E/W at 66’s. 
  • Didn’t know who to back - usually do 3 or 4, but just went with one bet - Fitzpatrick £25 E/W at 66’s. 
    Not a bad shout tbf, great price. only thing i worry about is his distance but his short game is very good and wouldn't be that surprised if he was near the top. Good luck, he nearly made mine i went for Rose instead lol 
  • Sponsored links:

• Westwood and Casey early leaders at 4 under after 8 & 7 holes respectively
  • Don't say it too soon but I got 12/1 on either Woods or McIlroy going bogey free round 1.....
  • Westwood moves to 5 under after 9. I always bet on him, but not this time!! Doh!
  • Long way to go yet. :-)
  • Bryson finishes 2 under after starting like he was playing with a spade
  • 1 more hole Tiger.   1 more hole....
  • Thank you Tiger!  12/1.  Breakeven for the weekend achieved. 
  • Bet you sweat when he had that 6 footer back on the 2nd last!

The Standard of these players is literally phenomenal 
  • Bet you sweat when he had that 6 footer back on the 2nd last!

The Standard of these players is literally phenomenal 
    Never in doubt......😉
  • Justin Rose did well after a dodgy start. Great par on 8 when he thinned & chunked wedges around the green & then holed a 20 foot putt. Then birdied 9 before packing up for the day. McIlroy showing that having a newborn around the house doesn't help you relax & play your best golf. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good chance you’re going to need to be under par just to make the cut
  • Good chance you’re going to need to be under par just to make the cut
    That's what a bit of rain does for you.
    The greens are far less scary with a bit of rain. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Every year the same for me!
    Louis Oosthuizen 55/1 EW

Plus
    Tony Finau 28/1 EW

Quite happy with this as it stands!
  • It's great with no crowds stopping shit shots, playing golf like we have to
  • Also no one shouting 'in the hole'.
  • Cheers for settling that out @supaclive was a good read.

Ive looked away from the faves for a bit of ew value and done Hatton at 22/1 and Wolff at 30/1. Doubting myself now though, Hatton has had 10 Masters rounds and only had 1 round under par (70). And what with it being Wolff’s Debut.

I may add Patrick Reed at 28/1 but ideally wanted to add a higher price 50/1 shot so toying with Champ / Casey / Oosthuizen 

fear Bryson will win it quite comfortably though
    Long tournament and plenty of golf to go, but regretting not following up with Casey and Reed :-(
  • iaitch said:
    Also no one shouting 'in the hole'.

MASHED POTATO!!!
  • Only three players in the past thirty years have won The Masters from being out of the Top Ten after the 1st Round and two of those were Woods and Mickelson.If that trend continues I would count out anyone who has already finished first round and is not four under or better and would then look at players that still are still out on the course.I’ve backed D.Johnson again this morning
  • Only three players in the past thirty years have won The Masters from being out of the Top Ten after the 1st Round and two of those were Woods and Mickelson.If that trend continues I would count out anyone who has already finished first round and is not four under or better and would then look at players that still are still out on the course.I’ve backed D.Johnson again this morning
    That looks a pretty strong stat - although the caveat is the significant variable of the time of year and the slowness of the greens. If Casey can shoot 65 based on his recent form then others outside the top 10 after the first round can also. The greens yesterday were like throwing darts.

I think the weather looks decent'ish for the weekend and the greens will speed up (they are artificially drying them as well). I would perhaps wait to see who is in the top 10 after 2 rounds.
  • We’re the greens as they were yesterday because the weather in the morning or time of year? The joy of the Masters for me is how difficult it is on and around the greens which didn’t look that way yesterday.