Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone else spot a flaw in announcing the long BH for HM's 75 years jubilee

Announcement today that there is going to be a loooong BH weekend in June 2022 for the Queens 75th year of reign.

Problem is she could be dead by then & Charles or William could be King. She's 94 & it's in 19 months time. Maybe a tad early to be arranging & announcing this.......?

Comments

• Then we'll celebrate what would have been her 75th anniversary.

Come on, golfie.  Let your hair down.
  • She's going to outlive Charles...
  • 2022 will be 70 years, not 75
  • In June 22, we'll be celebrating promotion to the Premier League, so good timing  ;)
    Nah.  We will have celebrated it in May as we won’t need the play-offs
  • Do not forget the bank holiday for England winning the Euros next summer 
  • Announcement today that there is going to be a loooong BH weekend in June 2022 for the Queens 75th year of reign.

Problem is she could be dead by then & Charles or William could be King. She's 94 & it's in 19 months time. Maybe a tad early to be arranging & announcing this.......?

2022 will be 70 years not 75 - HMQ's thrived for 94 years already, few signs of that changing - her mum made it to 101
    When are they supposed to announce it?  How long do you think it takes to plan for shutting roads all over the capital?  No mileage in a bit of good news at the moment?
    Anybody would think you're a pantomime grinch WUM, oh hang on... 🤦‍♀️
  • To be honest I had the same thought. I suppose if she does pop her clogs before then it can turn into a celebration of her life and reign anyway.

Frankly as someone who isn't too bothered either way about the monarchy, I am just delighted for an extra bank holiday 🙂
  • Sponsored links:

• They can use it for the coronation instead.
  • The flaw is surely that it will be her 70th not her 75th.
  • Ok, so its 70 years not 75.......but you get the point.

Yes, I also understand that it takes time to arrange things & the public & certain authorities want to get cracking with the logistics, but I still think 19 months notice is a big long.  But this just me I suppose.
  • Bank holidays are not applicable when retired. Someone can have mine. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:
    Bank holidays are not applicable when retired. Someone can have mine. 

Every day's a Bank Holiday when you're retired.
  • Ok, so its 70 years not 75.......but you get the point.

Yes, I also understand that it takes time to arrange things & the public & certain authorities want to get cracking with the logistics, but I still think 19 months notice is a big long.  But this just me I suppose.
    Yep, just you.
  • Bugger. It’ll spoil my birthday weekend.
  • edited November 2020
    Well being self employed, a bank holiday is much the same as any other day to me. 

If she's not around in June 2022, I think that the BH should be cancelled and all the rest of you buggers can work too. 

You could also work it telly and pay yourself treble time
  • Well being self employed, a bank holiday is much the same as any other day to me. 

If she's not around in June 2022, I think that the BH should be cancelled and all the rest of you buggers can work too. 
    God knows what happened above...but why not work it and pay yourself treble time
  • Well being self employed, a bank holiday is much the same as any other day to me. 

God knows what happened above...but why not work it and pay yourself treble time
    Good idea, I'm sure my clients will be happy with paying treble.

BTW I normally do work bank holidays. 

Good idea, I'm sure my clients will be happy with paying treble.

BTW I normally do work bank holidays. 
    So do I, usually rostered those days but luckily they do pay me treble time.
  • As a republican I will be boycotting it and going into work as usual.