Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Masters 2020 Thread

Comments

• I think Hatton is a seriously good shout although Rahm and dj stand out for me ...westie always shows well round here so I think he would be great value for a top 5..
  • We used to just have a masters thread then some lifers moaned about “ every sports event turns into talk of betting” 
  • He's not played a lot I know, but Molinari is ridiculously high odds for someone who should have won here last year. Higher odds than bloody Mickelson
  • lolwray said:
    I think Hatton is a seriously good shout although Rahm and dj stand out for me ...westie always shows well round here so I think he would be great value for a top 5..
    If you managed to catch any of the Masters preview show last night you would have seen Rahm on the range being coached by Olazabal. The presenters were saying that they just hoped he doesn't take what he was being taught out onto the course on Thursday. I would have to agree with them.....

• This is a joke... Pitching wedge in from 495 yards
  • He hits a wedge about 170 so he probably didn’t get all of the drive... :-)
  • Can this be the Masters thread? Betting and non betting? Want somewhere to put this...
    Apparently Vijay Singh done the same thing a few years ago
  • Every year the same for me!
    Louis Oosthuizen 55/1 EW

Plus
    Tony Finau 28/1 EW

• Sponsored links:

• Cheers for settling that out @supaclive was a good read.

Ive looked away from the faves for a bit of ew value and done Hatton at 22/1 and Wolff at 30/1. Doubting myself now though, Hatton has had 10 Masters rounds and only had 1 round under par (70). And what with it being Wolff’s Debut.

I may add Patrick Reed at 28/1 but ideally wanted to add a higher price 50/1 shot so toying with Champ / Casey / Oosthuizen 

fear Bryson will win it quite comfortably though

Ive looked away from the faves for a bit of ew value and done Hatton at 22/1 and Wolff at 30/1. Doubting myself now though, Hatton has had 10 Masters rounds and only had 1 round under par (70). And what with it being Wolff’s Debut.

I may add Patrick Reed at 28/1 but ideally wanted to add a higher price 50/1 shot so toying with Champ / Casey / Oosthuizen 

I think both pretty sound bets. Hatton seems a different player at the moment so hopefully his history won't go against him. Serious iron player and that's key at Augusta. 

Wolff hits it a mile and if everyone is saying Bryson has such an advantage thanks to his distance then Wolff isn't far behind. I wonder if no patrons will help those first time players more than in usual years. I like Champ for same reasons. although probably a bit more hit and miss than Wolff. 

I don't want Bryson to win at all, but I am absolutely fascinated to watch him today. 

I'm going the other way - I think Augusta will bite him big time and I'm not sure he's a good enough putter without his green book. 

Seriously thinking of backing him to miss the cut at around 7/1 - the same price or thereabouts for him to win! I know what offers the better value.

I think both pretty sound bets. Hatton seems a different player at the moment so hopefully his history won't go against him. Serious iron player and that's key at Augusta. 

Wolff hits it a mile and if everyone is saying Bryson has such an advantage thanks to his distance then Wolff isn't far behind. I wonder if no patrons will help those first time players more than in usual years. I like Champ for same reasons. although probably a bit more hit and miss than Wolff. 

I don't want Bryson to win at all, but I am absolutely fascinated to watch him today. 
    I am keen to see if he puts the extra long driver in the bag.   I listened to a couple of podcasts and he kept saying he was ruling it out and then went to the range for 2 hours to hit it, then took it out on the course... with just a wedge and a putter.

I mean, you've got a supremely talented golfer who then decided to add 40lbs of muscle and bulk, keep his flexibility and has transformed his game.   42 yards longer off the tee than he was 2 years ago.

It's just whether his body can keep up and not break - or has he decided 3-5 years, win 4 + majors and be happy with his lot.

• If Bryson wins then I think he’ll do so comfortably, so taken 14/1 for him to win by 2 or more shots
  • I've done the following with Sky Bet, paying e/w for first 11 -:

Bryson Dechambeau 7/1, Dustin Johnson 15/2, Jon Rahm 9/1, Rory McIlroy 11/1, 
    Xander Schauffele 12/1, Tyrrell Hatton 22/1, Tommy Fleetwood 40/1, Justin Rose 55/1

• Reed at 22/1. 
  • I've slowly been adding to my initial list, so now i have gone a bit extreme lol my list is:
    Snedeker ew
    Kisner ew
    Dechambeau outright/hotshots
    Reed first round
    Finaue first round ew
    Lowry ew
    Lashley ew
    Mclroy ew
    Rose ew
    Champ ew

Must have a sweat with a few of those haha but part of the fun, didn't realise so many as added Rory this morning at a special price through a FB friend 14/1, £15 ew. Think total stake is about £50 roughly
  • Rain suspended play already 9 people completed holes 1/10 
  • 801912601 said:
    Rain is forecast for all 4 days so may suit the European players more as they are more used to such conditions 
    More likely to favour the big hitters more as the softer ground won't allow the ball to kick on so much. Makes the fairways seem bigger so they can take out the big stick more often!
  • Sponsored links:

• Play expected to return at 15:30 UK time, a couple of big hitters will start Woods/ Bryson Dechambeau
  • edited November 2020
    Weather looks nice out there now. Namby pamby players.....

And I do have up laugh when they say the fairways are "soft". Soft is when the ball plugs & there is no run or bounce. Something all weekend players experience in the UK during the winter. I've played courses with casual water all over the faiway & the ball aquaplaning when hitting a fairway wood.
  • Annoys me that Sky coverage doesn't properly start until the evening.
    Its on sky sports now.... 

That's down to Augusta and the coverage in the US though.

If you go on The Masters app, or website I think, you can favourite as many players as you want and you get to watch their shots as they happen. In between they're showing leaders and 'great shots'. So you can watch pretty much all over the course all day anyway.
    Always thought it was just featured group and a select amount of holes until 7pm?
    Always thought it was just featured group and a select amount of holes until 7pm?
    I am watching on skygo on my phone and its following feature group but also showing other shots.. not sure if red button is an option as on the app. 
  • Bryson smashing a 3 wood 325 yards off the tee for his opening tee shot 😫😂
  • RedPanda said:
    Annoys me that Sky coverage doesn't properly start until the evening.

That's down to Augusta and the coverage in the US though.

If you go on The Masters app, or website I think, you can favourite as many players as you want and you get to watch their shots as they happen. In between they're showing leaders and 'great shots'. So you can watch pretty much all over the course all day anyway.
    This also, the app is brilliant you can follow your own players and watch every shot (not live) but really impressed a free app for those who dont have sky 
  • edited November 2020

Oh well I've got it on at work anyway.

Copied bets from chat on here tbh.

Tyrrell Hatton E/W 25/1

Matthew Wolff E/W 34/1

Bryson to win 9/1. Wanted to find a 'win by X shots' market like @AFKABartram but couldn't see one on Betfair. Think I placed my bets in-play so maybe I was too late for that.