Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amazon Fire HD 10 & Valley Pass

Hi all.    Does anyone know if the Valley Pass app is available for the Amazon Fire HD 10?  Have ordered one but I think I may have a problem with VP so considering cancelling the order.   

Thanks.   

Comments

• depending on what you paid for the devise, I think Fire is a decent buy anyway
  • depending on what you paid for the devise, I think Fire is a decent buy anyway

depending on what you paid for the Without “odevise, I think Fire is a decent buy anyway
    Let’s try that again... (lockdown sausage fingers on an iPhone)

Thanks. FYI, it’s the latest Fire 10 Hd without “offers” (ads).  I believe it retails at £160ish but picked it up for £99 on Prime Day.   

What difference does the cost make?   

I’m replacing an ageing and slow iPad 2 so Valley Pass is required.   

Cheers.  
  • Hi all.    Does anyone know if the Valley Pass app is available for the Amazon Fire HD 10?  Have ordered one but I think I may have a problem with VP so considering cancelling the order.   

Thanks.   
    You can side load the full Google Play store. Yes you can put all apps on it.
  • Thanks Dazzler21.   Just need to Google “side load” but I’m sure we’ll get there!  

Thanks again. 
  • Brilliant.  Thanks. 
  • edited October 2020
    depending on what you paid for the devise, I think Fire is a decent buy anyway

depending on what you paid for the Without “odevise, I think Fire is a decent buy anyway
    Let’s try that again... (lockdown sausage fingers on an iPhone)

Thanks. FYI, it’s the latest Fire 10 Hd without “offers” (ads).  I believe it retails at £160ish but picked it up for £99 on Prime Day.   

What difference does the cost make?   

I’m replacing an ageing and slow iPad 2 so Valley Pass is required.   

Cheers.  
    I picked up the 'standard' Fire Stick for around £25 during an Amazon 'sale' around 8 months ago .. I don't know what extra benefits you get with the HD pad version, other than (presumably ) HD quality and portability .. I once had a Fire pad and it was a waste of money, mind you that was a long time ago when HiTech was an infant.
  • edited November 2020
    Just to update anyone who may be interested, especially with Black Friday on the horizon...

Very pleased with my purchase.  Less than £100 for a more than capable streaming and download device.  Great picture quality.  Initially thought the sound was a little too low, but I downloaded an app to boost it and it seems better.  Not sure if that IS the app or my perception though..

It's not as smooth as an iPad, but that's comparing apples and oranges, price wise (no pun intended).    Google Play Store was incredibly easy to download (side-load..), and a few of the GP apps work better than the pre-installed Amazon equivalent. 

But the important thing is - Valley Pass works great!  

Bottom line - If you have £350-£400 to "spare and don't care", get an iPad.   If you want a great, value for money media device, this is something to consider on BF.  

Again, thanks for everyone's earlier input.  

Try to keep sane in our long wait for the next live match..!
  • I'm so pleased to read this. Am considering one for my partner as she's fed up with her iPad having slowed down a lot recently. I just need to check her invoicing app can be used on Play Store. 
  • What firesticks do people use? looking for one for Christmas/ New year but obviously might be worth checking Black Friday deals, one so i can run IPTV/ Streaming service ideally please
  • Sponsored links:

• I use a 4K firestick with an ethernet Adaptor, so no worries with the wifi.

• What firesticks do people use? looking for one for Christmas/ New year but obviously might be worth checking Black Friday deals, one so i can run IPTV/ Streaming service ideally please
    Amazon just had their main four (three firesticks and cube) on offer from £30, £40, £50 and £110 to £20, £25, £30 and £70. Keep an eye out as I reckon they will do it again for Black Friday (note currys and argos also had them on offer for same price). 

I have the Fire Stick 4k HD which is the £50 one, absolute steal if you can get it for £30. Although the £40/25 one is fine if you're not fussed about HD. 
    Amazon just had their main four (three firesticks and cube) on offer from £30, £40, £50 and £110 to £20, £25, £30 and £70. Keep an eye out as I reckon they will do it again for Black Friday (note currys and argos also had them on offer for same price). 

I have the Fire Stick 4k HD which is the £50 one, absolute steal if you can get it for £30. Although the £40/25 one is fine if you're not fussed about HD. 
    Cheers mate i will keep an eye out (xmas present to me),  quality is key for me so dont mind being a more expensive one.  
  • How do you watch Valley pass on a firestick ? 
  • edited November 2020
    What firesticks do people use? looking for one for Christmas/ New year but obviously might be worth checking Black Friday deals, one so i can run IPTV/ Streaming service ideally please

Cheers mate i will keep an eye out (xmas present to me),  quality is key for me so dont mind being a more expensive one.  
    Don't wait too long to order JB, I ordered a 4k Firestick last week @ £29.99 and expected delivery date is the 27th November.

Don't wait too long to order JB, I ordered a 4k Firestick last week @ £29.99 and expected delivery date is the 27th November.
    They run out of stock because the price was reduced and popularity. I don’t think you’ll have a problem at £50. If it drops to £30 again you’d have to be quick I’d imagine. Although stock levels were ok at Argos and Curry’s so might be a better shout if they reduce price again. 

They run out of stock because the price was reduced and popularity. I don’t think you’ll have a problem at £50. If it drops to £30 again you’d have to be quick I’d imagine. Although stock levels were ok at Argos and Curry’s so might be a better shout if they reduce price again. 
    I think you have misunderstood me, I ordered and paid for a 4k stick from Amazon @ £29.99, its on its way however as you say due to demand there are delays with delivery. 

I think you have misunderstood me, I ordered and paid for a 4k stick from Amazon @ £29.99, its on its way however as you say due to demand there are delays with delivery. 
    No sorry my reply was just a general one, more so aimed at Johnnybev. If I'm honest, no idea why I made it look like I was specifically talking to you sorry!

Got my better half to order one of these for me for christmas. Silly girl ordered it using my account and my bank details so technically I bought it for myself! 
    I think you can side-load the google play store onto it, that'll give access to other browsers and apps. Don't quote me on that mind. I am yet to figure it all out! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    What firesticks do people use? looking for one for Christmas/ New year but obviously might be worth checking Black Friday deals, one so i can run IPTV/ Streaming service ideally please

Got my better half to order one of these for me for christmas. Silly girl ordered it using my account and my bank details so technically I bought it for myself! 
    My “better half” has tried that a few times with me. I generally find sticking her head down the toilet tempts her into a bank transfer 

@johnnybev1987 just to let you know Amazon have reduced it back to £30 for Black Friday. Delivery not available until 1st December so get in quick!
  • Also the hd10 is down to 89.99

@johnnybev1987 just to let you know Amazon have reduced it back to £30 for Black Friday. Delivery not available until 1st December so get in quick!
    Also £30 with Argos and might get it sooner than Amazon. 
  • The money was taken yesterday for my 4K Firestick so hopefully it will be on its way soon.
  • Dazzler21 said:

look on the bright side , you have a very shrewd (with money) Mrs ((:>)

Hi mate, i did see it on friday on black friday deals, sent to Mum as thats what she wants to get me for Christmas. Appreciate the heads up, sorry i dont really go on here much weekends (if at all) 

Hi mate, i did see it on friday on black friday deals, sent to Mum as thats what she wants to get me for Christmas. Appreciate the heads up, sorry i dont really go on here much weekends (if at all) 
    Amazon, Very and John Lewis all selling the 4k, 8gb stick for £29.99

AO selling it for £29.
    I accessed it through the silk browser on mine this Saturday but couldn't get rid of the red banner at the top of the screen that blocked off the scoreboard and clock.
    I accessed it through the silk browser on mine this Saturday but couldn't get rid of the red banner at the top of the screen that blocked off the scoreboard and clock.
    Had the same problem, when I used a fire stick.