Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Akin Famewo

Let's hope his injury isn't serious. From what I have seen he looks the real deal and would like to see him come in on a perm.

According to the ever reliable wikipedia he signed a one and a half year deal with the Canaries back in Jan 2019. However, with his loan to us being a season long, that doesn't really make sense.

Get better soon lad.

Comments

• edited November 2020
    One of those where you hope Norwich chuck money at CBs in January rather than doing the sensible thing and recalling him.

He seems to be in the Bielik/Cullen situation where we could probably pick him up for a great price if we act fast.

Let’s hope that unlike Bielik and Cullen we don’t wait until he’s firmly in the spotlight and find ourselves priced out. I think with Thomas in charge Famewo could be the start of some very shrewd business.

• From the Norwich OS last November, 2019:

"Norwich City are delighted to announce that centre-back Akin Famewo has signed a new three-and-a-half-year contract with the Club, extending his stay at Carrow Road until June 2023."

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/november/akin-famewo-signs-new-norwich-city-contract/
  • The number of players who get injured within a short time of joining us is remarkable, OR do other clubs have similar problems that I/we are not aware of ?
  • The number of players who get injured within a short time of joining us is remarkable, OR do other clubs have similar problems that I/we are not aware of ?
    I make you right, Leko got injured about this time last year. It isn't just the loan players though. We always seem to have a problem with injuries and it has been discussed many times. For the first time in a long time, we are fortunate as we seem to have cover for every position.

I'm really excited by the prospect of a fully fit Charlton. In my opinion we would walk the league. As things stand a fully fit Charlton is still many months away.
  • PopIcon said:
    The number of players who get injured within a short time of joining us is remarkable, OR do other clubs have similar problems that I/we are not aware of ?
    I make you right, Leko got injured about this time last year. It isn't just the loan players though. We always seem to have a problem with injuries and it has been discussed many times. For the first time in a long time, we are fortunate as we seem to have cover for every position.

I'm really excited by the prospect of a fully fit Charlton. In my opinion we would walk the league. As things stand a fully fit Charlton is still many months away.
    Leko took a bad tumble during a match, ripping his ACL. That's a freak thing.
    He'd had no injury issues at Charlton before that.

• I call him Fa me wo.
    Commentators call him Fame wo.
    Which is it?
  • edited November 2020
    I call him Fa me wo.
    Which is it?
    While we’re at it, is it like ‘aching’, ‘akin’ or ‘ack In’?
  • edited November 2020
    I call him Fa me wo.
    Which is it?
    Bit tricky with the commentators. Yesterday I noticed a difference between both on players names: we had.

Amos and Amus
    Marquis and Markwee
    another one is Doughty and Doherty. 

(Not an insult towards them - both do a great job)

I think it’s Fame wo 

• I call him Fa me wo.
    Which is it?
    Bit tricky with the commentators Yesterday I noticed a difference between both on players names: we had.

Amos and Amus
    Marquis and Markwee

I think it’s Fame wo 

Hee hee, Mark wee.
  • I call him Fa me wo.
    Which is it?
    Bit tricky with the commentators Yesterday I noticed a difference between both on players names: we had.

Amos and Amus
    Marquis and Markwee

I think it’s Fame wo 

“I beg his pardon “.....
  • Sponsored links:

• I call him Fa me wo.
    Which is it?

Amos and Amus
    Marquis and Markwee
    another one is Doughty and Doherty

I think it’s Fame wo 

This one particularly does my head in. Surely it's pronounced 'dowty' but could someone not just ask the bloke himself and clear this up for good?

Other than that, always enjoy listening to the enthusiastic mixture of bias, exasperation, enthusiasm and analysis. 
  • I call him Fa me wo.
    Which is it?
    Ack in Fen wah
  • So what’s the latest on his injury then? Has anything been announced?
  • I call him Fa me wo.
    Which is it?
    Ack in Fen wah
    I think the phonetics are Ack in Fem woe.
  • IdleHans said:
    I call him Fa me wo.
    Which is it?

Amos and Amus
    Marquis and Markwee
    another one is Doughty and Doherty

I think it’s Fame wo 

This one particularly does my head in. Surely it's pronounced 'dowty' but could someone not just ask the bloke himself and clear this up for good?

Other than that, always enjoy listening to the enthusiastic mixture of bias, exasperation, enthusiasm and analysis. 
    But then didn't everyone mispronounce Kinsella for several years until he eventually said the true pronunciation was KINsulla not KinSELLa
  • Bowyer still played him knowing there was a slight issue ,hence being strapped...  can’t see Norwich being to impressed with that! 
  • Bowyer still played him knowing there was a slight issue ,hence being strapped...  can’t see Norwich being to impressed with that! 
    They insisted that he got playing time. WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM! 😉
  • A Canary friend of mine said there's already talk of them recalling the Loan, not sure if they can do that until the Jan window though? Not sure how it works.

Was a bit surprised as when we got him on loan he didn't even know who he was and now seems to be excited about him and knew he'd had all clean sheets in his games!
  • A Canary friend of mine said there's already talk of them recalling the Loan, not sure if they can do that until the Jan window though? Not sure how it works.

Was a bit surprised as when we got him on loan he didn't even know who he was and now seems to be excited about him and knew he'd had all clean sheets in his games!
    Loaned players in the league can only be recalled in January I believe, if to non-league they can be recalled anytime. 
  • Sponsored links:

• He's clearly highly rated by Norwich, as they signed him in Jan 2019 and by November had already given him a new and improved extended contract.
  • What’s the chances of TS making a bid for him now, you know, informally? The kid would be a massive plus in the Championship next year. (If we get promoted that is, I know that’s not a given).
  • I call him Fa me wo.
    Which is it?
    I call him Fa me wo.
    Which is it?
    It's pronounced "Beast", just as "Inniss" is pronounced "Monster".
  • What’s the chances of TS making a bid for him now, you know, informally? The kid would be a massive plus in the Championship next year. (If we get promoted that is, I know that’s not a given).
    We might get Norwich to accept a serious bid (seems unlikely though) but I can't see the player being interested in the kind of wages we're currently able to offer.
  • Confusing thing about his loan is that I'm pretty sure Norwich had their defensive injury problems before they loaned him to us, so either they're going to let him stay the season and sign some cover in January if things aren't better, or they've always planned to stiff us by recalling him.
    We might get Norwich to accept a serious bid (seems unlikely though) but I can't see the player being interested in the kind of wages we're currently able to offer.

Well we best hurry up and get promoted then.
  • MattF said:
    Confusing thing about his loan is that I'm pretty sure Norwich had their defensive injury problems before they loaned him to us, so either they're going to let him stay the season and sign some cover in January if things aren't better, or they've always planned to stiff us by recalling him.
    If they lent him to us so he could get some experience and get match fit they have achieved that and done us a favour. Hopefully by January they have their preferred players all back fit and we can keep him for the rest of the season.
    Would they sell him if they go back up is the interesting question?
  • Redrobo said:
    MattF said:
    Confusing thing about his loan is that I'm pretty sure Norwich had their defensive injury problems before they loaned him to us, so either they're going to let him stay the season and sign some cover in January if things aren't better, or they've always planned to stiff us by recalling him.
    If they lent him to us so he could get some experience and get match fit they have achieved that and done us a favour. Hopefully by January they have their preferred players all back fit and we can keep him for the rest of the season.
    Would they sell him if they go back up is the interesting question?
    They probably would, but for it to be to us we would need to go up too I imagine
  • They can't recall him until January and I am sure they will do then. It was a mistake on their part letting him go. Bowyer will know this and will be looking at other options.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!