Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone getting a pay rise this year?

edited February 2009 in Not Sports Related
They do say freezing is all the rage nowadays......so my company tell us.

Comments

• We haven't been told so, but I'm willing to have a wager we dont.
  • Only if the minimum wage goes up in October and I've read that's unlikely as small firms won't be able to afford it. No company rise certainly.
  • Yup...I'll make sure I do...somehow or another!! LOL!
  • Had around a 10% rise to go with my promotion in November. Most others at our company got around 4% I think, although there have been redundancies too.
  • we have a hiring freeze but I had a big rise when i took my current job 6 months ago and negotiated quite hard for it so don't expect much of a rise this year, but we are still pretty profitable so there may be a bonus in the offing at some point as our structure is pretty much set in stone, but we shall see.
  • There is a pay pot of 1% distributed by performance
  • [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]There is a pay pot of 1% distributed by performance

Err that's great............ but 1% of how much Maglor?
  • yep already have awarded myself a biggy.
  • I work for the NHS so a pitance.
  • Company I have left got 0% - new role new salary scale..
  • Sponsored links:

• No rises here, been told our bonuses are being getting cut in half as well.
  • Being forced to take two days unpaid leave every three weeks. Equivalent to a 13.33% pay cut.
  • Our bonuses weren't paid last year can't believe former colleagues will get anything this...
  • I got one - just three weeks before a pay rise freeze was handed down by our parent company (yanks). Impressed as well - I've only been here a year - at my sort of pay scale usually the only way you get a raise is by threatening to leave. Very happy where I am and not at all tempted by the offers I've had recently for virtualisation projects which have a finite end to them, with no possibility of the contract being extended (glad I left contracting behind and went back to a perm role)
  • unsure yet
  • Been told no pay increases in Europe, US or Bermuda in 2009 at my place.
  • Frozen until next year.

Bonuses only if you got a good appraisal - sadly I had 8 weeks off with stress and depression so hot a crap appraisal. First time in my 12 years there that the appraisal has actually been used for bonuses and my first negative appraisal.
  • yeah highly likely.

Wonder if the local councils will freeze council tax rises, wonder if government will freeze tax hikes on fuel, wonder if british gas et all will freeze rises on fuel etc

Nah didn't think so.
  • I'm a lowest of the low civil servant who has never lost any data disks/laptops/top secret files and im not a member of the funny handshake brigade so the answer is a big fat NO.
  • Could be worse you could be in immigration and seeing all these illegals etc getting handouts.

Oh ..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Mate who works for Barclays said they have been told they wont get their bonuses this year, despite them making a huge (if somewhat reduced) profit.

Yeah, right Barclays, that's exactly what the government meant when they suggested that the big fat payouts should be stopped. Hit the middle ranking staff where it hurts, greedy, self serving b++++ds. They didn't mean the multi millionaire chief execs etc, they meant the man in the office below you...

In fairness, in branch staff will be getting their bonuses. But it is still so typical of big business to take a situation like this and twist it to their advantage.
  • I got a bonus in january but that was based on personal rather than company performance - i doubt i'll get one in April at all.

Due for a pay review in June/July but don;t hold out much hope for anything.

Would be happy for a 5% increase to cover increasing travel costs etc but in the current climate and hearing other people's woes I just feel lucky I have a job (for now).
  • If I've still got a job, we've already been told pay is frozen this year
  • Should be getting a 25% rise in July.

Bare in mind that 25% of nothing isn't very much.
  • Dont expect one, had our overtime cut just after christmas, and with the way things are out there at the moment quite happy to be in full time employment still, so wouldn't raise any issues with me if we didn't, priorities and all that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Mate who works for Barclays said they have been told they wont get their bonuses this year, despite them making a huge (if somewhat reduced) profit.

Yeah, right Barclays, that's exactly what the government meant when they suggested that the big fat payouts should be stopped. Hit the middle ranking staff where it hurts, greedy, self serving b++++ds. They didn't mean the multi millionaire chief execs etc, they meant the man in the office below you...

In fairness, in branch staff will be getting their bonuses. But it is still so typical of big business to take a situation like this and twist it to their advantage.

I have no issue with private banks or companies paying bonuses, after all, it's their money, state owned banks and other taxpayer funded institutions, no.

Nobody has the right to tell my company that should not pay me a bonus if so deserved (which it is BTW)
  • started a new job about 6 weeks ago on 25% more than previously, so more than happy at the moment.
  • No, first time in 9 years didnt get one.
  • I work in the public sector so I expect a small rise but I know so many people who are under threat of redundancy or have been made redundant or are having to take a pay cut or no pay rise this year, it's scary. This situation is going hit Charlton and other clubs really hard next season on season ticket sales because there just isn't the money around at the moment.
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2009
    Payrises, different thing.