Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Northampton v Charlton |24th October 2020

Comments

• Options
    Naby sent off
  • Options
    Oh dear don't tell Leuth, he'll be suicidal
  • Options
    Naby Sarr sent off.

Leuth today is a day for you to forget my friend 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Who remembers Yeovil away in 2009? 
    Worst weather I remember at an away game is Colchester in the cup. That was proper grim - as was the football
    Nothing compares to Yeovil.

At least two people had to go to hospital with exposure, and the near-by ASDA was gutted after the game by fans buying new clothes to replace the sodden stuff that they were wearing.

I got there a bit late, and had to drive home kitted out in decorators overalls and a sombrero.
    Is that you, Sinead?
  • Options
    Nabby.....Nabby Sarr  !!!
  • Options
    Oh dear @Leuth I would turn your TV of and go and lay in a dark room if I was you
  • Options
    A day when we win is never a truly bad day
  • Options
    82' JFC and Hoskins booked for a bit of a scuffle. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #ntfc 0 #cafc 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally think, for all the pelters he’s getting on here, Bows will be pretty happy with Williams. It’s not been an afternoon for pretty football, but he’s worked hard and definitely done his bit on the defensive side. 

He may not be the best player anymore, but he stayed with us this season when most others wanted out, has a great heart and a great work rate. Personally, I would love to find some future for him at the club in the coaching staff when his playing days are done, perhaps. Quality lad.
    He is 27, just 27.......
  • Options
    82'

Post update

Mark Marshall (Northampton Town) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Amos is excellent at claiming the ball from crosses into the box. His early distribution is better than Phillips' IMO
    Shhh, TS might sell him in January. 😉
  • Options
    Ref eventually gives Northampton a corner, Gunter clears, and Marshall tries to pass wide but it goes out for our throw.
  • Options
    Naby pulled his man down as he was going for goal
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    A very harsh red IMO
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    That's the spirit. Chin up.
  • Options
    83'

Post update

Corner, Northampton Town. Conceded by Darren Pratley.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Naby pulled his man down as he was going for goal
    Nabbed by the Nabster.

• Options
    JFC wins the ball back off Marshall and then gets a free kick on the halfway line.
  • Options
    1. 85'

Post update

Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 85'

Post update

Foul by Mark Marshall (Northampton Town).

• Options
    Personally think, for all the pelters he’s getting on here, Bows will be pretty happy with Williams. It’s not been an afternoon for pretty football, but he’s worked hard and definitely done his bit on the defensive side. 

He may not be the best player anymore, but he stayed with us this season when most others wanted out, has a great heart and a great work rate. Personally, I would love to find some future for him at the club in the coaching staff when his playing days are done, perhaps. Quality lad.
    I’ve only just started watching, Sunderland till I die, and there were a few comments from Johnny, that made me wonder if he suffers from depression? He does seem a sensitive lad.
  • Options
    Welcome to the Naby Sarr show, Huddersfield fans.
  • Options
    Bunch of head tennis, Smyth tries to do a Tony Watt, and gets a free kick given against him.
  • Options
    How was that a free kick against us in the corner flag?

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    A very harsh red IMO

I agree. It's not as if he tried to rugby tackle the player by the knees!
  • Options
    Great clearance downfield by Shinnie but Bogle can't get to the ball, now the ball's back down our end for a NTFC corner.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

He is 27, just 27.......
    Yeah that’s was my thought too. I’m certainly not writing Williams off yet. 

There will be games this season where we’re signing the praises of Williams‘ for his attacking contribution, I’m sure of it. It won’t be every week, but if he always works hard and tracks back making tackles like he did today then it’s fair to be patient on the weeks the attacking contribution isn’t quite there. Especially when playing in a wind tunnel like they have today. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!