Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wayne Mumford appointed as Commercial Director

Charlton Athletic are delighted to announce the appointment of Wayne Mumford as the club’s Commercial Director.

Mumford has worked with some of the biggest football clubs in the world including Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Juventus, Real Madrid and Wolverhampton Wanderers. He will lead the club’s commercial departments to support Thomas Sandgaard’s long-term vision of growth for Charlton.

The Charlton owner said: “I am very pleased to be able to appoint a Commercial Director with Wayne’s wealth of knowledge, experience and contacts. 

“I am ambitious and the long-term goal is for Charlton to become a top Premier League club in the next decade. We have to grow steadily not just on the pitch but off the pitch too. Wayne will play a very important role in moving the club forward and taking us to those next levels.”

Mumford already has a good knowledge of Charlton, having played a key role in Joma’s kit sponsorship deal with the club in 2003. He also played an important part in Sandgaard’s takeover of the club, utilising his knowledge of Charlton to help advise on the process.

He said: “Charlton is a special club with a real community feel, I’ve known that from my time dealing with the club many years ago.

“We have an owner in place who is ambitious and who cares. He has a long-term vision and, combined with a passionate fanbase, that is an excellent place to start. We have plenty of work to do but I’m excited to be part of the club and I can’t wait to get started on the journey.” 

Mumford becomes the second senior appointment of the Sandgaard Era, following the arrival of Ged Roddy, as the club’s Technical Director, earlier this month.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f9032bc2b68a/wayne-mumford-appointed-as-commercial-director

Comments

• Sounds good , the pieces seem to be coming together & considering the short time TS has been here I couldn’t be happier with his first steps (would have loved a striker though!)
    So would he, if he wants us to score 5 playing attacking football !

• Sponsored links:

• Wasnt Sandgaard put in touch with Varney due to his link with Joma?

Wonder if that was this fella
  • Sounds like a good appointment to me. Bags of experience. Nice one
  • Sounds a good appointment. Another piece of the puzzle in place. 
  • ...and then Thomas and Wayne broke into an acoustic set of "little lion man"
  • "the biggest football clubs in the world including Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Juventus, Real Madrid and Wolverhampton Wanderers."

One of the clubs is not like the others....
    I did giggle at the Wolves bit
  • "the biggest football clubs in the world including Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Juventus, Real Madrid and Wolverhampton Wanderers."

One of the clubs is not like the others....
    I did giggle at the Wolves bit
    Yep, did think that was from Ripping Yarns that bit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Can we get rid of that other little prick yet?
    Solly has left 😉
    Ooooh, Harsh! ;)
  • Another positive appointment by TS. Good times ahead fellow Addicks, good times indeed.
  • Wasnt Sandgaard put in touch with Varney due to his link with Joma?

Wonder if that was this fella

• Welcome.

Sounds like a sensible and, no disrespect to Ravi who's done a great job, necessary appointment.

Has Ravi been fired?
  • I assume a Financial Director next
  • Can anyone add some detail to his "excellent CV" as all we seem to know is that he has worked at a lot of large clubs - but doing what?