Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 20th October 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• edited October 2020
    I have a feeling we'll start quite narrow. 4-4-2 diamond.
    Amos
    Gunter | Inniss | Famewo | Maatsen
    Pratley
    Shinnie | F.Caskey
    Williams
    Washington | Bogle

Subs: M.Brewer, Purrington, Watson, Smyth, Doughty, Aneke

If we're not leading come the hour I could see us changing shape and utilising pace down the wings in a flat 4-4-2. We need to win this game to keep momentum going and I can't see Bowyer holding on for the point. 

Amos
    Smyth | Shinnie | Pratley | Doughty
    Washington | Aneke

I think the other option is a 4-3-3

Amos
    Shinnie | Pratley | Doughty
    Washington | Aneke | Smyth
  • edited October 2020
    I'd assume Washington out of the 4 of them is first choice, the one you'd expect to play regularly. After all he was one of our first 2 signings, one where we may even have paid a fee
    it's been confirmed we did not pay a fee (only fees during Bowyers tenure have been Bonne (200) + Purrington (75ishK))

But the rest of your point is 100% valid, he looks like No1 in strike pecking order. 
  • 3-1 the mighty Addicks...Bogle,Doughty & Aneke
  • YTS1978 said:
    What's happened to Davison, is he injured, or just down the pecking order due to new arrivals? Adds another option, especially if others aren't fit enough for 90mins just yet.

I'm riding a wave of positivity after a few signings and a battling home win, so I'll go 0-2 doughty and Washington. 
    LB said that when he gets some more strikers in, he wants to send Davison out on loan, so I am expecting this soon
  • YTS1978 said:
    What's happened to Davison, is he injured, or just down the pecking order due to new arrivals? Adds another option, especially if others aren't fit enough for 90mins just yet.

I'm riding a wave of positivity after a few signings and a battling home win, so I'll go 0-2 doughty and Washington. 
    Both Davison and Morgan got new contracts in the summer, and have barely played since!
  • True but kicking a ball awkwardly can happen to anyone and it can't be pinned down to training practices.
    We need our players to be taking the Simon Church way of kicking a ball. 
  • 1-3. Bogle 2, Aneke, 
  • BalladMan said:
    I'd assume Washington out of the 4 of them is first choice, the one you'd expect to play regularly. After all he was one of our first 2 signings, one where we may even have paid a fee
    it's been confirmed we did not pay a fee (only fees during Bowyers tenure have been Bonne (200) + Purrington (75ishK))

But the rest of your point is 100% valid, he looks like No1 in strike pecking order. 
    Are you sure that wasn't before the summer, as all the report at the time said we had paid "undisclosed fees" for both Washington and Gilbey

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/washingtons-charlton-move

Conor Washington has left Hearts to join Charlton Athletic.
    The forward makes a permanent move to the English League One side for an undisclosed fee.

• edited October 2020
    Following TS' takeover we've just had the longest period of stability and growth in this clubs recent history (one month)  so this is where the wheels fall off our three game unbeaten run.

I can't see past a 5-0 defeat.
  • I can’t see us winning this one.2-0 to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1-2 win all day long
  • Did our current squad only cost £75k?
  • Redrobo said:
    Did our current squad only cost £75k?
    Yes
  • I just think it's great we have so many options to choose from when you consider the state we were in a couple of months ago. Can't wait for Maddison, Gilbert and Pearce to be added into the mix.
     Too strong for Blackpool - the march up the table continues tonight.
  • Doesn't look like a lot of goals between the sides. Maybe 0-0 or a goal settles it.
  • I bet he starts Pratley and Watson together again.
  • Chunes said:
    I bet he starts Pratley and Watson together again.
    I hope not.
  • Can't remember the last time I saw so much positive score lines in a pre-match thread! But i'm riding the same wave of good vibes, 1-0 Charlton, a solid performance
  • If Watson & Pratley playing in midfield together I think we draw 1-1. If just one play 2-0
  • Sponsored links:

• If Watson & Pratley playing in midfield together I think we draw 1-1. If just one play 2-0
    2-0 Blackpool? or 2-0 Charlton?
  • MrWalker said:
    The Bowyer Gallen Superfortress starts rolling down the taxi way. Still short of a couple of front gunners, but with Captain, Navigator, Comms and rear defence gunners in position, it won't be long until take off. Hopefully there won't be too much flak should we experience defeats in the next few weeks as the crew complete their training.
    As long as we hit the target, don't get shot down and get back to base tonight, mission accomplished.

How many of us old Covered Enders remember when we used to sing the Dambusters theme - well, I dunno about singing, we just used to "Der, Der, Der" the tune. Blimey, must have been best part of 50 years ago.

• Redrobo said:
    Did our current squad only cost £75k?
    JFC cost £250k. 
  • edited October 2020
    The number of fans watching our games live on Valley Pass have being going up.
    Help us get to 4,000 for tonight's game and get your pass now! #cafc

Or if you do not want to pay, go to the matchday thread 
  • I'd guess at the 433 being the starting formation, a (in theory) more solid formation that gives a good balance in attack and defence, move the ball out wide to the 2 options, balls in the box. The diamond can give up to much space on the wings for the home team to dominate.

433, 3cb - away from home 
    Diamond, 433 - home 

What I'd like:

Amos
    Gunter Inniss Famewo Purrington
           Williams Pratley JFC
     Smyth Washington Doughty

AMB, Barker, Maatsen, Watson, Shinnie, Bogle, Aneke

What it'll be:
    Same team as Saturday, Washington or Bogle coming in for Aneke.

Either way, 1-2 win.
  • Following TS' takeover we've just had the longest period of stability and growth in this clubs recent history (one month)  so this is where the wheels fall off our three game unbeaten run.

I can't see past a 5-0 defeat.

There’s only room for one pessimistic poster on here and Golfie has that position sewn up mate.

As for a prediction, I’m going to state we won’t lose tonight.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    If Watson & Pratley playing in midfield together I think we draw 1-1. If just one play 2-0
    2-0 Blackpool? or 2-0 Charlton?
    Apologies 2-0 Charlton
  • ross1 said:
    When Sordell & Harriott turned into Messi & Suarez for 2 weeks
  • DON'T FORGET IT STARTS AT SEVEN O'CLOCK THIS EVENING.