Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 20th October 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• I'm optimistic about this game, this squad now has something to prove, they will all be fighting for a starting spot...this will I think prove too much for Blackpool..............3-1 Addicks (well I did say I was optimistic!!)
  • Come on you donkey wallopers...
    'Donkey Lashers' - shortened to just 'Lashers' is what they call them in Preston!
  • I hope the new signings play better than they sing judging by Jonny Williams Instagram story
  • -----------Amos------
    Gunter - Inniss - Famewo - Purrington
    -----------Watson------
    ---Levitt -------- Doughty
    ----------Shinnie-------
    --------Bogle - Washington

Subs will be Aneke, JFC & Smyth if we need a goal
    Maatsen, Williams & Smyth if we are cruising
    Aneke, Pratley & JFC to shore it up if we are 1 up

Prediction is teeth puller 0-0 or 1-1

So when do we not need a goal ?
    Ok so behind, I had forgotten all phrasing should be for the lowest common denominator.....
  • edited October 2020
    A comfortable win or one of these damp miserable nights losing a Tier 3 game in a Tier 3 Covid region. I’ll let you know which some time after 9.

• 2-1 the reds
  • Comfortable 2-0 to the mighty Addicks.
  • The Bowyer Gallen Superfortress starts rolling down the taxi way. Still short of a couple of front gunners, but with Captain, Navigator, Comms and rear defence gunners in position, it won't be long until take off. Hopefully there won't be too much flak should we experience defeats in the next few weeks as the crew complete their training.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bow's does say some strange things at times......

"We’ve got Conor but he will get injured at some stage."
  • I'd assume Washington out of the 4 of them is first choice, the one you'd expect to play regularly. After all he was one of our first 2 signings, one where we may even have paid a fee
  • mendonca said:
    Bow's does say some strange things at times......

Imagine because its the way he plays, full energy and lots of running...he will pull or strain something. 
  • mendonca said:

Very strange. 

Interesting he sees Washington and Smyth in one role and Aneke & Bogle in the other.

I do not see Washington and Smyth as alike at all really. 
  • It's not unusual for players to go the whole season uninjured, in fact most manage it :-)

I guess since the interview asking why we get so many injuries in training, we ended up suffering one more (MM), so it was probably said to set the scene with fowards and rotation. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

Very strange. 

Interesting he sees Washington and Smyth in one role and Aneke & Bogle in the other.

I agree. I'll probably get shot at for saying this but they just move so differently.

Washington seems to play something to take out the last man whilst Smyth's only goal is to get in behind him. 

I like both styles but they both are very different for different situations.
  • edited October 2020
    mendonca said:

He's speaking the truth though. It's par for the Charlton course. I agree its a strange thing to say. 

The question he really needs to ask himself is, why all these injuries?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

Very strange. 

I agree. I'll probably get shot at for saying this but they just move so differently.

Washington seems to play something to take out the last man whilst Smyth's only goal is to get in behind him. 

I like both styles but they both are very different for different situations.
    Which is a good thing. The player coming in gives their defence something to think about and when all fit (tee hee) it would allow Bows to decide which pairings to start would suit the game best.
  • MattF said:
    I hope the new signings play better than they sing judging by Jonny Williams Instagram story

Smyth wasn't too bad!
  • MattF said:
    I hope the new signings play better than they sing judging by Jonny Williams Instagram story

Smyth wasn't too bad!
    Maatsen was awful though.
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:

Smyth wasn't too bad!
    He needed a taller chair though!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:

Smyth wasn't too bad!
    Maatsen was awful though.
    Christ he's 18 and its his second language, give the lad a break  :D 
  • MattF said:
    Andrew Shinnie’s got a bit of a voice on him, I am sure Bowyer will have no problem getting a tune out of him on the pitch either :smile:
  • I have a feeling we will sneak it 0-1 Bogle, Hard to guess the team. I think Watson looks a bit off the pace so could do with a rest if we can bring Pratts in the middle. Maybe Levitt alongside? 

Happy either way Bogle or Aneke starts whoever is more match fit, they both looked good at the weekend.  

Hard to pick a side but hopefully half the team will be fresh, bring Washington in for Smyth (who was good)

Shame Maddison isn't fit enough but at least we now have options, i am positive. 

All us fans will have to pray by Fleetwood we are allowed back in so we can have the annual trip to Blackpool :) COYR 
  • mendonca said:

He's speaking the truth though. It's par for the Charlton course. I agree its a strange thing to say. 

The question he really needs to ask himself is, why all these injuries?
    It's because Bows tackles hard in training.
  • What's happened to Davison, is he injured, or just down the pecking order due to new arrivals? Adds another option, especially if others aren't fit enough for 90mins just yet.

I'm riding a wave of positivity after a few signings and a battling home win, so I'll go 0-2 doughty and Washington. 
  • mendonca said:
    It doesn't seem like we will see Madisson for 3+ games. 
    Oh well, the old "injury syndrome" has started early, I know
    it's something no one can predict but we do seem to get more
    than our share sometimes. :/
  • 1-0 Charlton

Bogle to open his account.