Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 20th October 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• 0-4 Comfortable away win. 
  • Lots of people predicting Charlton goals. Would really like some predictions as to where they are going to come from? Lots of quality players and i agree with the analysis of all scoring at points through the season. Who do we fancy for tomorrow though is a toughy.
  • edited October 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The changes/team I am expecting. 

Purrington to replace Doughty.  Levitt and Williams to come in for Pratley and JFC.   Shinnie and Levitt to play either side of Watson. 

Washington for Aneke.

Chucks and Bogle to come on with half an hour to go. 
    Would be very surprised if we don’t start with one of Bogle or Aneke. 
    I doubt Aneke will start, as @sage has said.  It depends if Bogle has an hour in him. If he has I would expect him and Washington to start.  But its dangerous if Williams starts as well because that's 2 out of 3 subs used before you kick off. 
    Sage knows nothing. ;-)
    He looked pretty fit during his 60mins, considering the covid isolation period, and didn't look that tired when he came off. I was hoping they subbed him so that he can start tomorrow, and get another 60 minutes in.
    Have no idea about Bogle's fitness levels or injury history though.
    This might be one of those games where we surprise people, and play very well.
  • They have CJ Hamilton in their team. Didn't he score against us in the cup the other year for some non-league side....?

In any case, I still think we are lightweight up front & lack creativity in midfield. Score first & we'll probably not lose. Conceded first & we definitely will. 

2-0 to the Satsumas. 
    Yeah was very impressive against us in 2018/19 when we played Mansfield in the FA Cup
    CAFCTrev said:
    Dont we have a good record against them? I can't remember losing to them over the last 10 years, and we've played them a fair bit. 08-09 we drew with them and that sent us down, that's about the only negative Blackpool game in recent(ish) years I can think of. 
    They beat us 2-1 @ Bloomfield Road in 18/19

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd?team_id=527&team2_id=317
    And the year before that, I think it was, we lost 0-1 to a very late goal.
    Wont ever forgive Robinson for that performance and I didnt even go, had put Marshall on instead of Ajose when it was 0-0 right before they scored
  • MattF said:
     What's gone on there?

I've still got Gallens interview just after we signed him ringing in my ears.

"One of the first things I look for is how injury prone a player is'

!!!
  • Sage said:
    Bowyer has said Bogle got around an hour in the 11v11 they played at Sparrows Lane. He then played 30 mins on Saturday. He should have enough in him to start tomorrow.
    Would be a massive risk starting him and Williams knowing both are unlikely to complete the 90.
  • Maddison is not injury prone, it sounds like a miskick of the ball and has probably over stretched giving a minor strain to his tibialis anterior tendon. 

Given Bow's comments I'd be surprised if it's more than a grade one strain. I think given how Bowyer worded his explanation in a week with no set backs, he should have recovered enough and probably be ready for a return to light training, 10 days to 2 weeks for ball work.

Could be back in time for next Saturday would be my guess. 

• Dazzler21 said:
    Maddison is not injury prone, it sounds like a miskick of the ball and has probably over stretched giving a minor strain to his tibialis anterior tendon. 

Given Bow's comments I'd be surprised if it's more than a grade one strain. I think given how Bowyer worded his explanation in a week with no set backs, he should have recovered enough and probably be ready for a return to light training, 10 days to 2 weeks for ball work.

Should he really of come on as a sub versus Sunderland ? We now have no need to make desperate substitutions our squad is big enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    Shrew said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maddison is not injury prone, it sounds like a miskick of the ball and has probably over stretched giving a minor strain to his tibialis anterior tendon. 

Should he really of come on as a sub versus Sunderland ? We now have no need to make desperate substitutions our squad is big enough.
    If he hadn’t we would have lost the game...
  • Shrew said:
    Dazzler21 said:

If he hadn’t we would could have lost the game...
    Another player may have been where Maddison was. 
  • edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Shrew said:
    Dazzler21 said:

If he hadn’t we would could have lost the game...
    Another player may have been where Maddison was. 
    There was no saying that the Sunderland player was going to take the opportunity had they made contact either

After all Danny Graham showed how uncomposed he was in front of goal in the first half
  • Plus a different sequence of events would have occured with a different player on the pitch. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    0-4 Comfortable away win. 

Wrong person answered.

(think Bradley Walsh)
  • Blackpool fans seem confident.
    https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/blackpool-v-charlton-official-matchnight-thread-20-10-20.10003/

Think the line-up will be a bit of a surprise, although having played on Saturday and with a long journey up for tomorrow night, how much training time will there have been between the two games? Hopefully see some more of Bogle and the returning internationals who should be fresh.
  • It isn't a good idea to rush a grade 1 sprain. There could still be a weakness when pushed. A couple of weeks is the ultra safe way. Have a week of completely feeling better.
  • edited October 2020
    It isn't a good idea to rush a grade 1 sprain. There could still be a weakness when pushed. A couple of weeks is the ultra safe way. Have a week of completely feeling better.
    Agree with grade 1 being entry level for strains and 3 being a tear, I think 10 days to a fortnight to start training properly. I think next Saturday would be the absolute earliest. 
  • Considering his game is built on spanking the ball, I'm sure the recovery will be focused on a complete healing process.
  • Sponsored links:

• True but kicking a ball awkwardly can happen to anyone and it can't be pinned down to training practices.
  • MattF said:
    Blackpool fans seem confident.
    https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/blackpool-v-charlton-official-matchnight-thread-20-10-20.10003/

Think the line-up will be a bit of a surprise, although having played on Saturday and with a long journey up for tomorrow night, how much training time will there have been between the two games? Hopefully see some more of Bogle and the returning internationals who should be fresh.
    Not a lot of posters on that site. Is Blackpool open?
  • Optimistic about a solid point 1-1.
  • MattF said:
    When he signed for us Steve Gallen said that he hardly misses a game. His record for Peterborough (forgetting last season) is that he played around 38-40 league matches a season for 3 consecutive seasons.

Been with us 2 weeks & he's already missed 2 games. 
    Yes, we have 4 of our 23 out already, another is a goalie and neither Williams nor Aneke can play 90 minutes.
  • Fancy a 2-0 smash and grab, now that all the anger, frustration and gloom and doom of the last 6 years or so has finally evaporated from my old bones.
  • No doubting we’ll see Maddison around February 
  • edited October 2020
    Sage said:

Another interesting stat is that Blackpool have faced only 20 shots on target against them so far this season, but conceded 11 goals, quite a high conversion rate against them, especially in the last two games, conceding every time an attempt has been on target.

Time for Lord Bowyer to invoke the spirit of Lord Llewellyn in his pre-match address:

"Come on lads, let's 'ave plenty of shots."

Blackpool 0 Charlton 1
    Alan Curbishley said that on purpose on video just to appease my Mum. She'd only that week written a pleading letter asking for more shots. She was always writing letters. I remember thinking at the time that it was too much of a coincidence. After all, how many managers do you see filmed in the dressing room before the match, let alone one asking for something to please fans. It wasn't like him - he just wanted no more letters so asked to film that speech.