Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I am mostly missing...

edited February 2009 in Not Sports Related
.... the extra little cartoons that the TV stations used to put on as extra fillers between shows! You know stuff like Tom and Jerry (the Fritz Freelang ones?).
Or Looney Tunes, where are they now?? I dont want a whole channel of them just the odd surprise cartoon!!

Comments

• Anamaniacs, cracking cartoon
  • The Beeb always used to put cartoons on after Final Score on a Saturday afternoon and I used to watch them while having Fish Fingers, Beans and Chips!
  • Magic Roundabout and Will O' The Wisp before the news at twenty to six
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2009
    When I was a toddler, have vivid memories of Felix the cat cartoon followed by Batman cartoon in the afternoons.

Anyone remember the announcer in the leather chair on ITV back in the 70's and early 80's in the afternoon, used to introduce programmes and pop videos in between shows?
  • Peter Marshall, he was one of them, sometimes sat in a big leather chair

announcers-marshall.jpg
  • Roast pork---cider(not pink)-----beer-----bacon ------- in any order
  • comming home from pound park nursery having a banna sandwich whilst watching banna man.

• alan curbishley and premiership football
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]comming home from pound park nursery having a banna sandwich whilst watching banna man.

My stepbrother went there
  • when mate? i was 1983-85
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]when mate? i was 1983-85

Would have been late 80's, he's 23 next month, lives in Wolfe Crescent
  • edited February 2009
    I had moved onto Our lady of grace by then mate.
  • Bibble, Looney Tunes are on special at Amazon at the moment...
  • Cheers Ali, might buy them for the kids...er..yes thats right the kids!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Magic Roundabout and Will O' The Wisp before the news at twenty to six

then after the news, at 6 o'clock on bbc2 harold lloyd or laurel and hardy.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Magic Roundabout and Will O' The Wisp before the news at twenty to six

then after the news, at 6 o'clock on bbc2 harold lloyd or laurel and hardy.

Followed by the Water Margin and then Monkee
  • Banana Splits
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Followed by the Water Margin and then Monkee

Legends from my younger days!
  • Like Les Berry .... ?
  • edited February 2009
    Mere kids the lot o ya!
    Who remembers Humphrey Lestocq and Mr Turnip?
    BBC Childrens TV Saturday afternoons....Andy Pandy was also on the show together with Muffin the Mule and Mexican Pete the Bandit.
    Yer haven't lived you lot! The programme was called Whirligig...circa 1952/58.
  • Sponsored links:

• H R Puffinstuff for me.
    The Gogs anyone ?
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Anamaniacs, cracking cartoon

Agreed, altogether now..

Pinky and the Brain,
    Pinky and the Brain,
    One of them's a genius,
    The other's insane...
  • Eggs that taste like eggs. Or is it my frazzled tastebuds?
  • Double Diamond, it worked wonders.
  • good looking tv presenters that as a 12 year old you want to have a nescafe over.
  • you sick one fuk 2nite mate
  • Soundas, I've still got a collection of T.V comics from '51-53 with all those characters in plus Larry the Lamb/Dennis the dashund/Mr. Growser & Ernest the Policeman (Toy Town), and Prudence Kitten (one of your favourites I'm sure). Mexican Pete the Bad Bandit was actually the baddie to Hank and his horse Silver King, If you'd like to have a look at them give me a whisper. Fortunately these comics survived the great purge of '71 (by my mum).