Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is covid not attending non league matches?

Not sure how far down the league pyramid, but how come fans are allowed to attend non league matches in grounds that have little seating and supporters clustering in a huddle behind goals with no distancing measures in place?

I personally haven't attended any games, but I religiously follow Hashtag utd games on you tube and see fans all grouped together, jumping up & down and hugging when they score. I'm not complaining, as I think this whole covid panic is bollocks anyway, but just find it strange that fans seem to be able to attend these matches yet we (and other league clubs) are not allowed to have fans attending games, even with all the hoops we have to jump through to queue up and the social distance seating arrangements.

Comments

• Clubs like Welling are allowed to have a set number of fans in their clubhouse (at the Ground) and stream the games

But they have to black out the windows etc. so fans cant see the actual game going on outside
  • I'm going to watch Tonbridge Angels at Chichester tomorrow in the FA Cup. I'm going as a neutral though, because I can't go as a Tonbridge fan because Tonbridge Angels are classed as an elite club, which means that their supporters are riddled with Covid, whereas fans of clubs below the National League South are immune.

Who makes up this nonsense?!
  • It doesn’t make sense. A small number of people can leave a non league game without clogging up public transport might be a consideration?

Say a small number of fans were allowed to watch England at Wembley, the majority would go home by public transport. People watching dartford are more likely to drive?
  • It doesn’t make sense. A small number of people can leave a non league game without clogging up public transport might be a consideration?

Say a small number of fans were allowed to watch England at Wembley, the majority would go home by public transport. People watching dartford are more likely to drive?
    At Dartford level fans are not allowed in 
  • Cray Wanderers seem to be getting very decent crowds at the moment
    Are they playing in their new ground yet?
  • no, sharing at Bromley at the moment
  • I was at Redditch v Biggleswade Town on Saturday . Southern Premier league . There were 600 fans in a stadium that only has two small stands that have cover . It absolutely pissed it down so there was everyone all bunched in together. Definitely not Covid safe . 

Much more risky than letting a few thousand in at The Valley. 

Tier 7 and below clubs must be loving it at the moment, as the only places to watch live football. 
  • Clubs like Welling are allowed to have a set number of fans in their clubhouse (at the Ground) and stream the games

But they have to black out the windows etc. so fans cant see the actual game going on outside
    But you can go to the same ground and watch Erith & Belvedere. 
  • Sponsored links:

Tier 7 and below clubs must be loving it at the moment, as the only places to watch live football. 
    There are clubs getting bigger crowds but not too many are seeing an increase.  A shame.