Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ghosts - Anyone claim to have seen one?

I don't believe they exist, I've never seen one, it's all rather illogical to me. 
However, I do find peoples stories fascinating. I have friends and family who I trust and they swear blind to have seen one.

Comments

• Not sure I 'believe' in ghosts however I have hallucinated before and the human mind can trick your eyes 

I believe people have an energy that can be felt, I think somewhat sadly that imagination is very powerful, sadly because I think it would be mind blowing to see a ghost. I'd probably shit myself and my brain would explode but I'd love to see a ghost 

• Watched this years ago and I’m sure I’ve posted it before but an interesting watch about ghosts on London Underground. https://youtu.be/3Bf_bxfE5gw
  • Nope. But I love the Japan song. 
  • I like how most ghosts are victorian and ypu dont see any ghost animals roaming pastures 
  • It's enough to give you the willies, not that kind. 
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    I like how most ghosts are victorian and ypu dont see any ghost animals roaming pastures 
    Or ghost dinosaurs crashing down the high street, they were pretty widespread and enormous so logically they should be pretty easy to detect.

I think people like the idea of ghosts, it’s comforting to think there’s something more than just this mortal world and ghosts would be evidence of that. But if ghosts existed then the evidence would be overwhelming throughout human history. 
  • shine166 said:
    Ive taken enough drugs to know that your mind can play all kinds of tricks on you. 
    Exactly what I think - I'm sure people think they see things but our minds play loads of tricks on us on the dark, in old creepy places, or when tired etc, or it might even be high electromagnetism places etc.
  • I believe people believe they have seen ghosts, but they can't possibly exist. Can they? 
  • People used to say time travel dont exist, but they've proved it's possible to go forward in time, in theory
  • I do recall vividly when I was very young seeing a massive rabbit and a leprechaun at the end of my bed. They were real to me although I felt too bad to do much about it. The thing is, I had a very high temperature and it proves that your mind can play tricks with you. Had it been a person, I would probably believed I saw a ghost. Fortunately, it was something ridiculous enough to dismiss. 
  • Sponsored links:

• People used to say time travel dont exist, but they've proved it's possible to go forward in time, in theory
    I do it loads.

I used to live in 2010.

Then 2011....
    Alright, jump forward in time then
  • edited October 2020

There was an interesting lecture relating to time travel by Brian Cox on tv a few years back. It was a bit mind blowing and whilst he made it as easy to follow as possible, it still wasn't easy.

Basically, whenever you move through space, by walking, running, driving, etc. relative to people who are say standing still, you are traveling just a bit slower through time than them. This effect has been proven by atomic clocks placed in airplanes and orbiting satellites.

According to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, time moves faster in the absence of a gravitational field. The higher up you are, the further you are from Earth’s mass and pull, which means slightly less gravity and a slightly faster clock.

I can't remember too much else, but the jist was that theoretically it is possible to travel forward in time. In the way they did in The Planet of the Apes. It is less clear whether you can travel back in time. Again it is theoretically possible but the energy required may render it highly unlikely. Mind you travelling forward meaningfully is unlikely too, but more feasible.

When we look at a star in the sky, we are of course looking at something from the past. The further away a star is for example the more we are looking back in time. You can even look so far back that you can see the start of the Universe with the right equipment. Some of the stars we can see may no longer exist, but we can see them!   

• Possible plausible explanation imo - If something highly charged has occurred, it can leave an imprint on that moment in time. The example given was that various different people had reported seeing Roman type soldiers marching through a field. When the field was excavated for developing, there were remains of a Roman road found and the explanation given was that maybe they were marching into battle, and it left an imprint.

• Considering this day and age with the amount of video footage being taken by various devices, which lead to people catching the most random events on camera - if ghosts existed, we would have inconclusive proof by now.

That being said, it is still always interesting to me to listen to people's experiences. 
    I do it loads.

I used to live in 2010.

Then 2011....
    Alright, jump forward in time then
    Rather go back at the moment!
  • There was an interesting lecture relating to time travel by Brian Cox on tv a few years back. It was a bit mind blowing and whilst he made it as easy to follow as possible, it still wasn't easy.

Basically, whenever you move through space, by walking, running, driving, etc. relative to people who are say standing still, you are traveling just a bit slower through time than them. This effect has been proven by atomic clocks placed in airplanes and orbiting satellites.

According to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, time moves faster in the absence of a gravitational field. The higher up you are, the further you are from Earth’s mass and pull, which means slightly less gravity and a slightly faster clock.

I can't remember too much else, but the jist was that theoretically it is possible to travel forward in time. In the way they did in The Planet of the Apes. It is less clear whether you can travel back in time. Again it is theoretically possible but the energy required may render it highly unlikely. Mind you travelling forward meaningfully is unlikely too, but more feasible.

When we look at a star in the sky, we are of course looking at something from the past. The further away a star is for example the more we are looking back in time. You can even look so far back that you can see the start of the Universe with the right equipment. Some of the stars we can see may no longer exist, but we can see them!   

Always freaks me out that one, even though I know it's true.