Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brits

BDLBDL
edited February 2009 in Not Sports Related
Mrs is watching that load of old tosh at the moment. It gets cakier and cackier every year.

Some bloke called Seasick Bill was nominated for best international artist!! Cracking name!

Comments

• I am too busy watching cricket on Sky, stuff the Brits, Seasick Steve is a very good name.....
  • Seasick is actually quite good but the rest of it is a great big bag of toss.
  • I don't have sky at the moment... how we doing?
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Mrs is watching that load of old tosh at the moment. It gets cakier and cackier every year.

Some bloke called Seasick Bill was nominated for best international artist!! Cracking name!

Is that Seasick Steve or someone else?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]I don't have sky at the moment... how we doing?[/quote]

WI 143 -3 looks good for an England win if we can get Flintoff to move on two feet
  • ok I gave in and had a look, just as Girls Aloud win a gong.....how?? talentless bints....... Dave has your mrs voted for em....... did we ever play them onthe radio?? hope not
  • As an aside, did anyone else see Morrissey on the 'One Show' yesterday, flogging his new c.d: it'll be toothpaste ads next!
  • Mind you having said that there are four of em I would sort out a portion, except the ginger
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]Mind you having said that there are four of em I would sort out a portion, except the ginger[/quote]

Iggy Pop and insurance?? wtf
  • Sponsored links:

• Actually met Nadine and Nicola at the Valley a few years back, when Nadine was still with Neil McCafferty (What ever happened to him?).

Lovely girls.

And yes we did play their single, just before we left, but you weren't there thanks to Cruikshank.
  • [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]As an aside, did anyone else see Morrissey on the 'One Show' yesterday, flogging his new c.d: it'll be toothpaste ads next!

I did and thought the same. Not quite sure his misery and pain is all that believeable any more when you know he's getting back on a plane to his large house in LA after the gig.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Actually met Nadine and Nicola at the Valley a few years back, when Nadine was still with Neil McCafferty (What ever happened to him?).

Lovely girls.

And yes we did play their single, just before we left, but you weren't there thanks to Cruikshank.[/quote]

Oh yes my unjustifed suspension..........ha ha, why did you play it Dave?????
  • grab the gerbils and the hose pipe its the Pet Shop Boys
  • Mozzer doesn't live in LA any more - I think he moved to Rome!
  • edited February 2009
    I like Seasick Steve. Raw, old fashioned blues.

There was a a good documentary of him on Sunday night driving through Mississippi. What a dump rural, southern USA is but fascinating.
  • Only decent thing on the Brits last night were Kings Of Leon, once they played I lost interest, one thing that did pee me off, the way Horne & Cordon belittled Iron Maiden winning best live act, yeah, shocker ah, band that actually plays instruments and has millions of fans wins best live act, cretins.
  • How on earth did Duffy win 3?
  • Kylie looked gorgeous
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Kylie looked gorgeous

I dont get the Kylie thing, not saying she's ugly, but she dont do it for me, Katy Perry & Duffy definitely.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I like Seasick Steve. Raw, old fashioned blues.

There was a a good documentary of him on Sunday night driving through Mississippi. What a dump rural, southern USA is but fascinating.

Yeah he's good. Reminds me of a modern Skip James.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Kylie looked gorgeous

I dont get the Kylie thing, not saying she's ugly, but she dont do it for me, Katy Perry & Duffy definitely.

Thats what makes the world go round mate eh , duffy dont do it for me !
  • How did Girls aloud win best single for blankety blank?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I like Seasick Steve. Raw, old fashioned blues.

Yeah he's good. Reminds me of a modern Skip James.

Don't really know Skip James. Got Hard Time Killin' Floor Blues on the iPod but that's all. Can hear what you mean about being similar.

Been listening to a lot of Memphis Minnie. Female blues singer from the 30s. Very raw but raunchy music and lyrics. Admit I had never heard of her until I caught a radio 4 documentary about her a few months ago.
  • James Corden - This time next year - Do you want fries with your order?
  • Kings of Leon were by far best live act on there.
    Coldplay were good even if I dont like them.
    I thought U2 were absolutely shocking - sounded awful and rubbish song as well.

Girls Aloud won as voted for by public and boy band/girlband will always have more people willing to text in and vote for best single. mind you it was quite a catchy tune.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]

Managed to miss that one - Was it their new song? If so, can't stand it.
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]

Managed to miss that one - Was it their new song? If so, can't stand it.

Yep, didn't sound great, and Bono with dark mascara on.....as for Coldplay, cant abide them, and Martin cannot sing live....oh, and he's a ponce IMO.
  • Actually, I've realy grown to like Coldplay. Agree that he was a bit ropey last night, but saw them (on TV) at Glastonbury and it was much better.

Horses for courses...... If we all liked the same stuff it'd be boring!
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    Horses for courses...... If we all liked the same stuff it'd be boring!

Exactly.

I liked the Estelle / Ting Tings mix up, and i like Girls Aloud. Pleased they finally won something as those sort of bands are not fashionable in 'arty music' world.

Don't mind Coldplay but most of their stuff sound the same to me, and i still think their best songs are Yellow and Trouble.

Kings of Leon etc do nothing for me, not really my bag. Think Duffy is excellent, but no one should really win 3 awards. Was suprised and disappointed that near enough the same people cropped up in numerous categories, and there seems to be a real glut of decent male solo's on the up.

Every year i get more and more in love with Kylie. Like the Gav and Stacey pair, thought they did their bit well.

Detested the fake crowd music they played over everything, ruined the viewing for me.