Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA 21

I watched the game play trailer yesterday looked good.

More of a career mode player so waiting for that trailer.

Will be interesting how many people actually but it with the PS5 so close to release

Comments

• also see AS Roma have done a Juventus and refused to allow permission this year

Fifa have got around the name issue by calling them Roma FC instead lol
  • Typical that I finally got fed up and found something else to do (Pro Clubs) and they immediately update Career Mode, which I doubt I'll go back to. 
  • Isn't there bit of a delay this year too due to Covid, i will get it but last year held out until xmas and then took the plunge. Not sure the gameplay will change much this year or it will be alot different as i assume they haven't been able to do as much work on it or the player side of things. I'll no doubt get it, normally for Ultimate team, build a team early as possible as this year was playing catch up, although with my Internet connection a bit pointless sometimes.

Re:PS5, they are saying if you buy it on PS4, purchase PS5 they will give you a code so you can have it on the new console. Not sure if thats just a rumour or way to get people buying rather than waiting until PS5 (i probably wont buy that until next year sometime, no urgency really as i dont play it that much) 
  • Empty stadium feature this year?
  • Just gonna pirate it on PC, not wasting my money again on another Fifa. managed to get fifa 20 for free and even then that was barely worth it.
  • The game is crap, EA churning out the same engine every year with minor graphical improvements.

Not for me. Switched to PES last year and won't be coming back anytime soon.

Ultimate Team is pay to win, and that's the only game mode I find appealing.

• edited August 2020
    Bought it every year for years and years, but will wait for PS5 release this time I think - otherwise it will just feel the same as every other year.

Career Mode is bloody awful nowadays. Last time I tried it I took charge of Borussia Dortmund to experience the new Bundesliga stadiums on the game. That stuff was great, but I finished the season in 7th - and then in the transfer window managed to easily go out and sign Messi, Ronaldo and Bale with very little difficulty. Not realistic at all.
  • cafctom said:
    Bought it every year for years and years, but will wait for PS5 release this time I think - otherwise it will just feel the same as every other year.

Career Mode is bloody awful nowadays. Last time I tried it I took charge of Borussia Dortmund to experience the new Bundesliga stadiums on the game. That stuff was great, but I finished the season in 7th - and then in the transfer window managed to easily go out and sign Messi, Ronaldo and Bale with very little difficulty. Not realistic at all.

You could sign the most ridiculous players on frees in Fifa 20, i imagine it was the same in the previous games. The AI wouldn't negiotate contracts and then players would sign on for less than they are currently on
  • cafctom said:

You could sign the most ridiculous players on frees in Fifa 20, i imagine it was the same in the previous games. The AI wouldn't negiotate contracts and then players would sign on for less than they are currently on
    If they could implement the sort of realism that goes into Football Manager, even just a bit of it, it would make FIFA a much better game. 

Otherwise I just use it for online division games and playing mates
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2020

The game is crap, EA churning out the same engine every year with minor graphical improvements.

I also switched back to PES. I like it. I do have to say, MyClub is probably the worst online football experience of all time. The gameplay is atrocious. Fortunately, the offline experience is brilliant.

Looking forward to 2022. Looks like they've completely rebuilt the engine.
  • Chunes said:

The game is crap, EA churning out the same engine every year with minor graphical improvements.

I also switched back to PES. I like it. I do have to say, MyClub is probably the worst online football experience of all time. The gameplay is atrocious. Fortunately, the offline experience is brilliant.

What's so bad about MyClub?

I love the build you own team elements of Ultimate Team but I always get sucked into spending a bit of money on it that I end up regretting, no silly amounts but like 20 quid that I don't get anything for.

Won't buy Fifa this year but PES tempts me if MyClub is any good. Having played it on the lite version last year I remember quite enjoying it.
  • Chunes said:

I love the build you own team elements of Ultimate Team but I always get sucked into spending a bit of money on it that I end up regretting, no silly amounts but like 20 quid that I don't get anything for.

Won't buy Fifa this year but PES tempts me if MyClub is any good. Having played it on the lite version last year I remember quite enjoying it.
    You dont have to pay to keep up with FUT, granted you might need a bit of luck but ive never spent a penny and usually end up with good players. Its more fun for me building from the bottom cheap, this year started Eredivse team and gradually went back to Prem as they are usually the best ones bar the Ronaldo/Messi/Mbappe, obviously there are others but i like premier league too :) 

I think the earlier you get it, the easier eg. you will be ahead of the game and get people at a fraction of the price, usually i do alot of transfers and SBC's on my phone. Rumours are saying the squad fitness wont be needed, i would love that as i hate constantly changing due to it either rotating or spending money on squad fitness. 
  • edited August 2020
    Chunes said:

There's real input lag. Your players move like they're walking in lead boots and playing in thick mud. It's horrible. People play these mental formations that bear no resemblance to real football - like having all their strikers and midfielders on one side of the pitch - just an engine exploit. The scripting is very heavy-handed. 

The one plus side is that it's very easy to build a good team. And the Legends are fun - playing with Maradona, Gullit, Viera, etc. 
  • PES was the better game last year, I'm looking forward to the next-gen version with the new engine.
  • The game is crap, EA churning out the same engine every year with minor graphical improvements.

Won't be for much longer if any restrictions regarding Loot Boxes come in, think it will massively change the way they do things in UT
  • cafctom said:

Think you will be happy with the changes then @cafctom they have realised the transfer system is unrealistic 

Negotiation Strictness

Some people always enjoyed the fact that we let you build a star studded team without any limits, but for others this might feel like breaking authenticity or immersion. Instead of picking one of the two approaches, we figured that the best way to go is to allow you to choose how you want to set-up your Career.

• Strict negotiation means that:
      • Clubs won’t be interested in taking offers from a rival club.
      • Players won’t be interested to move to a lower ranked league or club that they have a grudge against.
      • Players with the One Club Player Trait won’t be interested in joining another club.
      • You won’t be able to approach players that signed to a club for less than a year.

When the negotiation is set to ‘Loose,’ all of the above limits are off so you can make these transfers without any of the above mentioned restrictions. You’ll no longer have to play for a season to be able to get the players that recently transferred in the football world.

• Played a bit of Career Mode last night. The changes have just made it a bit slower to play. Because they're so superficial they don't add a great deal. 

Also, Charlton don't have a shirt sponsor, I've no idea why not. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Played a bit of Career Mode last night. The changes have just made it a bit slower to play. Because they're so superficial they don't add a great deal. 

We confirmed our sponsor very late in the day, so EA would have been sent our kits with no sponsor on when producing the models etc. They might patch in the sponsor at a later date, but I doubt it
  • Sponsored links:

• I got early trial which i paid for, run out Tuesday eve so waiting on tomorrow. Bit annoying my internet is terrible so have to stick to career/Squad battles until i move (hopefully this year), building up my Ultimate team started ok and packed De gea but now slowly as i cant play, from the trial felt like they have changed enough to warrant it for me. Plays really well and the best fifa in a while, assuming they dont release an update that screws it
  • sam3110 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Played a bit of Career Mode last night. The changes have just made it a bit slower to play. Because they're so superficial they don't add a great deal. 

We confirmed our sponsor very late in the day, so EA would have been sent our kits with no sponsor on when producing the models etc. They might patch in the sponsor at a later date, but I doubt it
    Evidently it's not only us - a quarter of Championship teams are sponsor-less judging by the Tweets I've seen. 

And here's me dreaming that one day they might put our stadium in there. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    sam3110 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Evidently it's not only us - a quarter of Championship teams are sponsor-less judging by the Tweets I've seen. 

And here's me dreaming that one day they might put our stadium in there. 
    Yeah i was hoping they would when we went up last season :( more likely in the championship but a shame as they put some random abroad ones (not necessarily random) 
  • If you want to play the game in full today, just set you’re computer to New Zealand and away you go. 
  • If you want to play the game in full today, just set you’re computer to New Zealand and away you go. 
    As good an idea as that is Welsh, i have the disc coming tomorrow via Prime. But thank you still a great little tip :) 
  • I think I played Fifa 20 a grand total of 5 times and that was just when mates came over, yet i've still just ordered 21.... EA have seen me coming! Hopefully this one isn't shit! Its good that at least they'll upgrade it to the PS5 version for free
  • I’m not a gamer at all, but PES blows FIFA out the water for realistic game play. It’s not even close.
  • I’m not a gamer at all, but PES blows FIFA out the water for realistic game play. It’s not even close.
    disagree, i do weigh up each every year and in the past have bought both. I think way back they were on the verge of overtaking them but have faltered. As a further example they have done this years with no upgrade to the system just updated database and little things, although they are honest and have reduced the cost and waiting on next gen, which fifa have confirmed you will be able to transfer over at no extra cost.

Fifa this year feels a huge improvement personally from the 10 hours i've played, there will always be moans and groans but again appears the best one in a while (for gameplay) 

Last year i didn't play until end of December and then internet on and off so didn't really play as much as before, hopefully this season will do better lol
    disagree, i do weigh up each every year and in the past have bought both. I think way back they were on the verge of overtaking them but have faltered. As a further example they have done this years with no upgrade to the system just updated database and little things, although they are honest and have reduced the cost and waiting on next gen, which fifa have confirmed you will be able to transfer over at no extra cost.

Fifa this year feels a huge improvement personally from the 10 hours i've played, there will always be moans and groans but again appears the best one in a while (for gameplay) 

Last year i didn't play until end of December and then internet on and off so didn't really play as much as before, hopefully this season will do better lol
    I've saw that they've fixed crossing and headers? Have they actually done this and made crossing a viable option again?

I played last years FIFA and last years PES. PES game play is better hands down. PES is the only football game that I want to play another match, because each one feels different. Fifa felt like the same shit over and over.