Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aaron Henry - loaned to Crawley p8

edited August 2023 in General Charlton
More good news, first pro deal means he now can’t be poached for the minimal EPPP compensation.

Comments

• Options
    Excellent news seeing the youngsters signing these deals. 
  • Options
    That is great news.  Him and the CM Barker being tied down is excellent business.
  • Options
    Well things certainly seem to be moving in a positive way
    regarding getting youngsters and the clubs future tied 
    down with decent deals, another good one
  • Options
    Good prospect this lad! 
  • Options
    I think we might see some turmoil in the 1st team squad over the coming weeks with players leaving and others arriving but with signing these youngsters up shows the intent moving forward great to see imo
  • Options
    Good news that Henry is staying for 3 more years

The museum doesn't look after itself
    Henry is just the face Nick and Clive do all the graft 😉.
  • Options
    So is he in our matchday squad  (I know he doesn't count in the squad limit as under 21) or will we be sending him out on loan?
  • Options
    So is he in our matchday squad  (I know he doesn't count in the squad limit as under 21) or will we be sending him out on loan?
    I imagine he'll stay at the club and play u23s as he's still only 17
  • Options
    Nice to see good, sensible things happening at Charlton now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    Nice to see good, sensible things happening at Charlton now.
    Indeed.  Are we on the way to becoming a non-basketcase club again? Bring it on!

Hopefully someone on this thread will be able to give us a little precis of AH and what we can look forward to.
  • Options
    Looking good this new owners decisions to lockdown the short term future of our youngsters.
  • Options
    I imagine he'll stay at the club and play u23s as he's still only 17
    Stops him being poached by a Prem club for next to nothing.

• Options
    That'll increase the fee...

When Man U buy him from us
  • Options
    Where was the closing down?.
    C/H fault.
  • Options
    Where was the closing down?.
    That's what the keeper was trying to do. Just a bit slow off his line.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Great news as he's long been touted as our best current prospect coming through the youth ranks.
  • Options

Young Charlton Athletic duo don’t need loans this season to continue their playing development

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1089739076?-11197:833
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite surprised he hasnt played more in the pre season games but I feel the management have spotted something during pre season that shows he isnt quite ready yet

One of the early games he did look abit lost in i thought so maybe its worth holding him back abit and developing further 
  • Options
    Quite surprised he hasnt played more in the pre season games but I feel the management have spotted something during pre season that shows he isnt quite ready yet

One of the early games he did look abit lost in i thought so maybe its worth holding him back abit and developing further 
    We have also signed Clare and Dobson which would limit his game time. He will get game time in the pointless cups
  • Options

We have also signed Clare and Dobson which would limit his game time. He will get game time in the pointless cups
    Also Vennings is back fit and I think it is his position Aaron was threatening.
  • Options
    Hopefully he can kick on in the first team after this.
  • Options
    A good move for him, his first loan move and to a decent division for a first one aged just 18
  • Options
    Also, if he does well we need to consider extending his contract, and giving him a longer loan next season
  • Options
    Good for him and hopefully the making of him.
  • Options
    I regret to say he did very little in the last Pizza Cup game and always seemed to be telling the player in possession to pass to someone else. I've never seen that before.
  • Options
    I regret to say he did very little in the last Pizza Cup game and always seemed to be telling the player in possession to pass to someone else. I've never seen that before.
    Had to read this twice before understanding what you meant and completely agree! I saw him against Erith and B doing the same. He is too blockbuster with his passing and needs to be tamed by some older men.