Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Excellent news - he's done very well and seems a committed lad who will work hard to improve and develop his game. It will also help to ward off any vultures.
  • Great news. I hope he goes on to be a Charlton legend.
  • Davo55 said:
    Great news. I hope he goes on to be a Charlton legend.
  • So pleased for him - he deserves it
  • Great one to get over the line, certainly one for
    the future.
  • Is this our 'new right back'?!

Seriously, great to get him on this contract! Bright future. 
  • Blucher said:
    Excellent news - he's done very well and seems a committed lad who will work hard to improve and develop his game. It will also help to ward off any vultures.
    Or alternatively enable us to obtain a better price.

Sorry it's good news but I remember Scott Parker signing a 5 year contract and leaving a few months later and Charlton has form, especially recently for selling off anybody half decent.

Hence my muted reaction.
  • Good news, I imagine his previous deal would have been incredibly low so he deserved a much better deal. Especially as his performances would have been spotted by scouts around the country...
  • The boy has a good looking future and hopefully more with us.
    would be nice if this is the first of a few new contracts 
  • Sponsored links:

• 3 years is a lot better than the one/ two year deals we've been handing out 
    Hopefully there is no release clause either
  • Good news and I think we’ll see plenty more of that over the next month but on its own we can’t read too much into this. At one point RD and KM were signing up youngsters on long term contracts.
  • Fabulous news 👏🏻👏🏻
  • Great news.
  • Well deserved!
    To be fair, Morgan got 3 years and Davison 2 + an optional extra year back in June, while Lapslie signed a 2.5 year deal back in 2019, so it's not as if all our contracts have been just 1 or 2 year deals
  • Sponsored links:

• Fantastic to see.
    Stability is the key.

I realise football is now littered with loans and one year contracts, but that cannot be good for the long term future of a club.
  • Great to see this. The way the lad has impressed so far not only in performance but he is pretty vocal on the pitch from what I have seen so far. I think he can go a long way
  • Very pleased. And a good friend of mine is pals with his mum!
  • Well done Charlie...great stuff,hope all your potential is in a Charlton shirt that takes us to the top of Tommy’s footy ambition list...👍
  • Great news!!

well done Charlie well deserved.
  • Proper planning
    Bigger sign of being on track than signings like MM
    Good luck Barker lad 
  • That's what I was talking about.
    Mr Sandgaard was obviously paying attention to me,😜.
    Nice one.