Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    We don't have only 2k a week to play with.

We have on average 2k a week to play with. Could be 4 or 6 if you have some on less. It's also based on the full 22 being on 2k a week. Realistically we'll have a number of young loans and youth players that won't count towards that. If we have a super strong 16 and them a bang average 6, it should be achieved.
    I'm glad someone finally explained this, been expecting someone to post the breakdown for weeks now... shocked it took so long ! 
  • Bods64 said:
    mart77 said:
    You’ve missed Gilbey too who is going to be a big player for us I feel.
    When he’s fit I see Gilbey as a first name on the team sheet 
    Do you mean in goal then?
    Funnily enough I still think Elliott may stay with us.
  • mart77 said:
    Bods64 said:
    mart77 said:
    Paul or Robbie?

: - )
  • fully expect us to sign MM based on LB's comments 
  • edited October 2020
    ReeCAFC15 said:
    This rag also has an article about Doughty going to Celtic for 800k.

If Sandgaard is serious then we should simply slap a 30m price tag on him.

Why not even put a price list for players out of our academy in the same manner as other businesses do for their fees. We could start by saying that players under 21 are not for sale.

Doughty bids are in my opinion the first test to see if Sandgaard's promises stand up to scrutiny.
    problem is Doughty is out of contract next June and if he won't sign a new deal can leave for free next summer if moving to Scotland or for a ludicrously low compo fee if staying in England. Sandgaard has money but he's not got it by being stupid. We are a business remember. Now if Doughty was on a three year deal then I'd agree with you and that is an entirely different scenario.
    I agree but do we know that Doughty won't sign?

If Sandgaard is going to be a good owner then we need to do what we used to do and get our best players on long term contracts and keep them signing extensions.

Then we could do what I said in my previous post. I'd even go so far as to publish on the website a sliding scale of fees for our players determined by age (over 21s only) and number of first team appearances made.

Get Academy One status and make the vultures pay big.

Until Sandgaard makes such policies then the jury is still out for me. Once bitten, twice shy, and we've been stung by a nestload.
  • mart77 said:
    Bods64 said:
    mart77 said:
    Paul or Robbie?

: - )
    In my defence I’m teaching every period today, I was in at 6:25 and I’m very very tired 😂👍
  • Even if Madison does sign, he's not going to be  very fit, is he?

He's only featured in 7 games since January. No proper pre-season, and just covering every inch of his sofa playing Play Station.

• Oggy Red said:
    Even if Madison does sign, he's not going to be  very fit, is he?

He's only featured in 7 games since January. No proper pre-season, and just covering every inch of his sofa playing Play Station.

Doubt he'll be any less fit than Oztumer or Williams. 

Nobody has really had a proper pre-season this year. He went and trained with a non league club so at least did something to stay in shape. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent signing.
  • Big signing... now get that thread title updated!! 
  • Big signing... now get that thread title updated!! 
    Give the person that started the thread a promote 1st 😂😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Great signing.
  • Amazing bit of business 👌
  • Absolutely superb signing.  Technically brilliant this player.

Expecting an update on Southall’s linked in to say he successfully negotiated it.

His “attitude” not an issue for me as I don’t even know the geeza.

Up the addicks IBWT.
  • A player that makes things happen. What's not to like.
    No excuses now Macca and Conor - service on a silver platter coming up
  • A friend just text me to say Maddison was training with a non league club last week and they said he was “awful and looked like he had never kicked a ball” and said they wouldn’t even have him in their team.
    Here we go 
  • Where does he fit in with the “3 senior players - RB, CB & ST” priority?

Would have thought this deal would cause problems with filling other positions but have so much faith in Bowyer and Gallen I’m just happy to have such a cracking player in the squad.