Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THIEVING SCUM...

edited February 2009 in Not Sports Related
...stole my Shogun yesterday, luckily (?) they ran out of diesel 10 miles away after trying to plough fields with it.
the feckers did'nt steal anything they just trashed the inside, they even smashed the DVD screens, the kids will be pleased. Its not worth claiming 'cos dont wanna lose no claims. Gonna cost me £300 to repair locks, ignition, steering etc.
So in the last year I have had my shed broken into (£1000 worth of stuff nicked) My Nissan nicked (£600 damage) and now my Shogun.
BTW I live in a small village called Vigo near Meopham not in the so called crime hotspots of the inner city.
And the Police said its not worth forensics looking at it 'cos its probably pikeys who we cant catch anyway!!! Also there are only 2 patrols in the Gravesend Meopham area at night. The long arm of the law? More like the short arms of the law tied behind their backs.
If anyone can recommend a good breakers for parts let me know.
Cheers

Comments

• Bloody awful, sorry to hear. Nice to know the professionalism of the boys in blue is still of the highest order!! I thought Police investigated, found what evidence they can. then decided whether to drop the case. This "it's probably Pikeys" line a new one on me. How would they know "its Pikeys"? By visting Mystic Meg? By purchasing their own crystal ball?

I hope you get things sorted. Does your policy have a protected bonus? If so it might be worth claiming for that kind of money? The DVD players must be worth a couple of hundred.
  • Sorry to hear about that mate. When I lived in Meopham (50s/60s) there was a police station & police houses near the green and and at least one copper,sometimes two, on constant patrol on their 'Noddy' bikes: not very quick but they had radios to talk to people who were. Their guv'nor, Sgt. Robinson, was 'hard but fair' and proud of the low crime rate in those
    days. Of course the place is bigger now but one would expect the law enforcement to grow with it rather than disappear! Good idea to check if you have protected NCB. Good luck.
  • for a minute I thought you said Shotgun

Scum indeed.

Had my scooter nicked out of my garage the toher week and costing me £200 as well.
  • Yes I have got protected, however that is still a grey area, cos you have to tell them if you have a had a claim you become a higher risk so you still get you premium loaded. Also my motorcycle insurance goes up for the same reason!!!

Ledge - Sometimes I wish I did have a shotgun!!

March51 - That police station is still there, they close it at nights, they just dont have enough coppers patrolling. Good to see that they have mobile speed cameras out in the daytime though!!!

Bing - I guess cos its a Shogun, also it was found not far from a so called pikey site!!
  • edited February 2009
    Sorry to hear that Bibble.

So the message the police are happy to give out to every chav and borderline crim in your area is "go ahead, we'll rest on some old cultural stereotype whether its right or not and won't bother to investigate, you can do what ever you like without fear of hinderance".

Every crime should be investigated as a matter of course, no matter how little evidence or how slim the chances of getting a conviction. If the police are allowed to pick and chose which crimes they investigate; the scumbags amongst us are free to pick and chose whichever crimes they want to commit! I don't know if it would do any good, but I'd be kicking up a fuss with my MP if the cops had said that to me.
  • Should have voted this lot in !!!

The Labour Party's Manifesto 1997
    We will be tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime

- Fast-track punishment for persistent young offenders

- Reform Crown Prosecution Service to convict more criminals

- Police on the beat not pushing paper

- Crackdown on petty crimes and neighbourhood disorder

- Fresh parliamentary vote to ban all handguns

Under the Conservatives, crime has doubled and many more criminals get away with their crimes: the number of people convicted has fallen by a third, with only one crime in 50 leading to a conviction. This is the worst record

of any government since the Second World War - and for England and Wales the worst record of any major industrialised country. Last year alone violent crime rose 11 per cent.

We propose a new approach to law and order: tough on crime and tough on the causes of crime. We insist on individual responsibility for crime, and will attack the causes of crime by our measures to relieve social deprivation.

The police have our strong support. They are in the front line of the fight against crime and disorder. The Conservatives have broken their 1992 general election pledge to provide an extra 1,000 police officers. We will relieve the police of unnecessary bureaucratic burdens to get more officers back on the beat.

Youth crime

Youth crime and disorder have risen sharply, but very few young offenders end up in court, and when they do half are let off with another warning. Young offenders account for seven million crimes a year.

Far too often young criminals offend again and again while waiting months for a court hearing. We will halve the time it takes to get persistent young offenders from arrest to sentencing; replace widespread repeat cautions with a single final warning; bring together Youth Offender Teams in every area; and streamline the system of youth courts to make it far more effective.

New parental responsibility orders will make parents face up to their responsibility for their children's misbehaviour.

Conviction and sentencing

The job of the Crown Prosecution Service is to prosecute criminals effectively. There is strong evidence that the CPS is over-centralised, bureaucratic and inefficient, with cases too often dropped, delayed,

or downgraded to lesser offences.

Labour will decentralise the CPS, with local crown prosecutors co-operating more effectively with local police forces.

We will implement an effective sentencing system for all the main offences to ensure greater consistency and stricter punishment for serious repeat offenders. The courts will have to spell out what each sentence really means in practice. The Court of Appeal will have a duty to lay down sentencing guidelines for all the main offences. The attorney general's power to appeal unduly lenient sentences will be extended.

The prison service now faces serious financial problems. We will audit the resources available, take proper ministerial responsibility for the service, and seek to ensure that prison regimes are constructive and require inmates to face up to their offending behaviour.

Disorder

The Conservatives have forgotten the 'order' part of 'law and order'. We will tackle the unacceptable level of anti-social behaviour and crime on our streets. Our 'zero tolerance' approach will ensure that petty criminality among young offenders is seriously addressed.

Community safety orders will deal with threatening and disruptive criminal neighbours. Labour has taken the lead in proposing action to tackle the problems of stalking and domestic violence.

Child protection orders will deal with young children suffering neglect by parents because they are left out on their own far too late at night.

Britain is a multiracial and multicultural society. All its members must have the protection of the law. We will create a new offence of racial harassment and a new crime of racially motivated violence to protect ethnic minorities from intimidation.

Drugs

The vicious circle of drugs and crime wrecks lives and threatens communities. Labour will appoint an anti-drugs supremo to co-ordinate our battle against drugs across all government departments. The 'drug czar' will be a symbol of our commitment to tackle the modern menace of drugs in our communities.

We will pilot the use of compulsory drug testing and treatment orders for offenders to ensure that the link between drug addiction and crime is broken. This will be paid for by bringing remand delays down to the national targets.

We will attack the drug problem in prisons. In addition to random drug testing of all prisoners we will aim for a voluntary testing unit in every prison for prisoners ready to prove they are drug-free.

Victims

Victims of crime are too often neglected by the criminal justice system. We will ensure that victims are kept fully informed of the progress of their case, and why charges may have been downgraded or dropped.

Greater protection will be provided for victims in rape and serious sexual offence trials and for those subject to intimidation, including witnesses.

Prevention

We will place a new responsibility on local authorities to develop statutory partnerships to help prevent crime. Local councils will then be required to set targets for the reduction of crime and disorder in their area.

Gun control

In the wake of Dunblane and Hungerford, it is clear that only the strictest firearms laws can provide maximum safety. The Conservatives failed to offer the protection required. Labour led the call for an outright ban on all handguns in general civilian use. There will be legislation to allow individual MPs a free vote for a complete ban on handguns.

Labour is the party of law and order in Britain today.
  • Yep - blame the labour party. All their fault. Blame the old bill as well whilst we're at it.

Come on people - the simple fact of the matter is that we haven't had a good long war for years. That's the sort of thing this country needs - thin out the ranks of the scum classes a bit.
  • The problem is league tables, the police are now judged on conviction rates, which almost guarantees they have to ignore cases with little chance of conviction and concentrate on ones with a higher chance of conviction. It's one of the reasons mobile speed cameras are so popular with the police, they don't see the money from them, but they make their conviction rates look better, which means they'll climb the league tables and get bigger budgets, etc.

If you put into a place a system of incentives that actively encourages police to drop cases with a lower chance of getting a conviction then don't be surprised when those cases are dropped. This problem starts and ends with the government. Unfortunately league tables and endless bureaucracy seem to be labours favourite tools. Their theory seems to be "it doesn't matter how good or bad a job somebody is doing, as long as there's a paper trail and we can quantify it". My mrs used to work in a school nursery, but she spent more and more time filling out forms than actually looking after the kids, the general attitude seemed to be, it doesn't matter how bad an education these kids are getting, as long as we know exactly how bad it is, we'd far rather know, than risk these kids getting a better eduction from staff who have more time to look after the kids, but not be able to quantify it.
  • The police said I can get forensics done but they would have to charge me to tow the vehicle and then a storage fee would apply, or I could waive further investigation (forensics) and recover the car myself.

So, pay £150 to NOT get a result or save £150 and NOT get a result...hmmm?

We are supposed to live in a tolerant society, you try being tolerant when its your stuff being lifted. Maybe we should chop their hands off, it worked in the Arab countries!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]We are supposed to live in a tolerant society, you try being tolerant when its your stuff being lifted. Maybe we should chop their hands off, it worked in the Arab countries!!!

And make the prisons as horrid as those in Arab countries, rather than the holiday camps they are here... and shoot all the human rights mob who pipe up
  • If anyone is interested in buying a 2004 A-Z, half empty bag of Worthers, a copy of Razzle, and a Rod Stewart CD, send me a whisper.
  • A new EU initiative says you are no longer allowed to use the word "Pikey"!
    You must use the phrase " Caravan Utillising Nomadic Travellers"
  • Back to the original post.... ;o)

Not 100% sure they're still there, but try Abbey breakers @ Erith. I used to use them all the time when I was on my first couple of cars - everything was computerised even back in 94/95, so they could tell you straight away if they had the part.
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Back to the original post.... ;o)

Not 100% sure they're still there, but try Abbey breakers @ Erith. I used to use them all the time when I was on my first couple of cars - everything was computerised even back in 94/95, so they could tell you straight away if they had the part.

And if it wasn't, The pikeys would get it for them by lunch time ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]A new EU initiative says you are no longer allowed to use the word "Pikey"!
    You must use the phrase "CaravanUtillisingNomadicTravellers"

pmsl!!
  • Just to re-affirm, this is just another reason why I don't like pikeys/travellers/gypsies/thieving stinking scum. All offence meant, and if you have ever had to share a living space with them you will have all sympathy for our bibble.
  • Sorry mate, forgot to mention above that best breakers in Surrey/Sussex are Bridges just off the M23 at Pease Pottage/Handcross very professional though not the cheapest.
  • Someone stole my wheelie bin monday morning (No comparison to your Shogun Bibble...) The annoying thing, that makes me want to report it, is that it must've been one of my neighbours. & they emptied it in my garden before they left! I know when it happened & we've got CCTV on the street. Should I make the OB work for their Council Tax?
  • You could also take a look around eastmoor street/westmoor street, both of the woolwich road, not local but might be of use,plenty of dealers.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Just to re-affirm, this is just another reason why I don't like pikeys/travellers/gypsies/thieving stinking scum. All offence meant, and if you have ever had to share a living space with them you will have all sympathy for our bibble.

Carter, as a boy I lived in a Village in Kent which had an illegal Gypsy/Pikey camp in it's midst. The residents suffered from intimidation, water was taken from their outside taps, they left mess and mayhem. I had a knife pulled on me and threats against me as did many of my friends. There was thieving going on and the finger of suspicion was pointed not unnaturally at them.

The law in those days was hard to enforce. They squatted illegally on common land or roadside verges. The council had to obtain a court order to move them on but as soon as they moved off the site, they drove around and then returned. They would stay until the next order and so on and so forth.

In 1968, the Caravan Sites Act was brought in and that required each council to provide a number of permanent sites, once provided, they could evict the illegal squatting. Unfortunately many councils failed to provide the required number of sites and then in the last Tory administration, they repealled the provisions of this act, bringing Gypsy sites under existing planning laws. Hence you have these massive sites in some areas, for example in Essex. It has taken years to get to the point where they have got the legal power to evict and now there will be a battle to remove them.

As I said, I have no love of Pikeys but allowing illegal ghetto like camps to build up with Police afraid/unwilling to sort them out isn't the answer and I can't help feeling that what was envisaged in the original Caravan Sites Act, namely council run sites, is the answer. At least they could have applied some sort of control over the traveller population. Perhaps I'm naive.
  • edited February 2009
    Hang em !!! but brand em first thats what I say...on the fuckin forehead "Pikie twat". Sympathise with you Bibble, living down here in Medway we have a massive camp of em at the Priestfiled Stadium.
  • dont talk to me about theiving bstds if i had my way i would bring in genetic castration for theives as well as peados and murderes,

after i had chopped off one arm or pulled out an eye

thats it

first time you get caught theiving out comes 1 eye

2nd time off with an arm

3rd time off with your balls

4th time thrown in a dungeon and not fed or released.

sorry to hear about your misfortune mate
  • To all,
    Many thanks for you advice and kind words!!!
    I have found a great site for parts and they are on their way.
    FYI try this site

http://www.breakeryard.com
  • [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]Hang em !!! but brand em first thats what I say...on the fuckin forehead "Pikie twat". Sympathise with you Bibble, living down here in Medway we have a massive camp of em at the Priestfiled Stadium.

Nice work.
  • Been in our current house for just over two years. Twice we've had our shed broken into... on both occasions, pikeys were camped on the edge of our estate. Coincidence?
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Been in our current house for just over two years. Twice we've had our shed broken into... on both occasions, pikeys were camped on the edge of our estate. Coincidence?

Its the area you live mate no such troubles down my end!!
  • Very unlikely to be a co-incidence. The point I was making earlier was the OB seem to be taking that approach to Policing - "its probably Pikeys, there's no point in investigating". No wonder peoples views on the state of crime in this country is at odds with the apparent statistics and we have serious crimes (for that is what car theft is) that arise from "no go areas" and are ignored by the Boys in Blue.

Policing in this country was about a force drawn from the local area, supporting and protecting their neighbours. Now it's about meeting targets. No wonder the country is in a mess.
  • The police don't seem to want to investigate......

The truth is they are scared of them. It's as simple as that.

Anyone who leaps to the defence of poor 'travellers' should try interacting with them for a while. That usually changes their opinions sharpish.
  • Bibble -------- its your own fault how the f**k dare you have something the great unwashed shit head scum havnt !! how the f**k dare you to work---save and buy it !! it shows total lack of respect for the street wise yoooooooooooooooooooof and serves you right that they who have never contributed to the society took it !! Please expect a knock on the door from some Gaurdian reading knob head who will ask you why you tempted these loveable young yooofs in the first palce.

i tend to blame liberals , lefties commies, Ken Livingston, the labour party and the police---------------never EVER been wrong yet.