Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• cabbles said:
    He (Maddison), gives the impression he’s a self destructive type.  I long for the days of Russell Slade courting Gary Crofts.  Now there was a transfer to get your pulses running 
    46 year old left back, might be a bit old for us now ;)
  • edited September 2020
    Not everyone needs to be mates in a team. Can’t imagine what Roy Keane was like at United in the dressing room. Sometimes a little friction or even over confidence can spur people on. 
  • Redhenry said:
    Probably would have the most ability in League One, but people in the game have told me he's lazy.
     You heard anything about the original players that were lined up @Redhenry.?
    Has the shopping list changed?
  • cabbles said:
    He (Maddison), gives the impression he’s a self destructive type.  I long for the days of Russell Slade courting Gary Crofts.  Now there was a transfer to get your pulses running 
    Gary? Andrew. ;)
  • You’ve missed Gilbey too who is going to be a big player for us I feel.
    When he’s fit I see Gilbey as a first name on the team sheet 
  • edited September 2020
    Sage said:

Amos
    Matthews Oshilaja Famewo Purrington
    Watson Levitt
    Maddison Williams Doughty
    Schwartz

Having watched the videos, I don't really see Schwarz as a lone striker, he doesn't appear to be a target man type.
    I would imagine he'd be played in tandem with say, Washington ..... or perhaps the more central forward in a 4-3-3.

• Ok, so now the other dilemma. How do you get him for about £1300 per week?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    cabbles said:
    Gary? Andrew. ;)
    You say potato, I say 
    You’re right, completely forgot. Going to be a very good player for us. Swap him for Levitt.
  • mendonca said:
    Ok, so now the other dilemma. How do you get him for about £1300 per week?
    Good job the real Super Clive was sharper in the box than you.
    Keep up!  :smile:

Okay, I let you into the secret: since the embargo was lifted we can offer an individual player as much as we like, as long as the aggregate pay of the 22 senior players in the squad doesn't exceed the wage cap.

Those players under the age of 21 on 1st January 2020 are exempt.
    We can pay them whatever we like - and it doesn't affect the wage cap.

• Sage said:
    You’ve missed Gilbey too who is going to be a big player for us I feel.
    You’re right, completely forgot. Going to be a very good player for us. Swap him for Levitt.
    I like the look of that team and probably agree with it at this stage. Gilbey looks quite attacking though so I suspect in a 433 Bows would go Watson, Gilbey and Levitt. 
  • What are we estimating our current playing squad bill to be for the year at present? Very approx of course? 

I'm half asleep too. Forgotten we had Gilbey on this page, I'm pretending to be Golfie. Its  fun!

• mendonca said:
    What are we estimating our current playing squad bill to be for the year at present? Very approx of course? 

I'm half asleep too. Forgotten we had Gilbey on this page, I'm pretending to be Golfie. Its  fun!

I'd estimate that it's (for the players that are over 21 and count and at the end of the window) to be between 3.5 and 4 this season. But you have to remember that 3/4 of our players will take the divisional average for this season. Only Gilbey, Washington and Watson will count above this. 
  • edited September 2020
    Sage said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:

Amos
    Matthews Oshilaja Famewo Purrington
    Watson Levitt
    Maddison Williams Doughty
    Schwartz

Having watched the videos, I don't really see Schwarz as a lone striker, he doesn't appear to be a target man type.
    I would imagine he'd be played in tandem with say, Washington ..... or perhaps the more central forward in a 4-3-3.

Bowyer may look to go for his box in midfield with two number 10s again. It worked well as the diamond.

The two 10s would be Maddison and Williams ..........
    The 2 x number 10s used to be called 'inside forwards' (number 8 and 10), before everything changed with Alf Ramsey's "wingless wonders" winning the World Cup in 1966.

• Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    Ok, so now the other dilemma. How do you get him for about £1300 per week?

Edit: £1300 should read £2000, as mentioned just now by Bows. My original point still stands then!
  • Maddison is kind of perfect for our situation. Undoubtedly with TS’ money we could afford better, and perhaps Maddison thinks he should be playing in the Championship. 
    But we’ve only got £2000 a week to play with, and he’s out of work. 
    You just know Bowyer would get him back to his best again. 

• edited September 2020
    We don't have only 2k a week to play with.

We have on average 2k a week to play with. Could be 4 or 6 if you have some on less. It's also based on the full 22 being on 2k a week. Realistically we'll have a number of young loans and youth players that won't count towards that. If we have a super strong 16 and them a bang average 6, it should be achieved.
  • Dazzler21 said:

We have on average 2k a week to play with. Could be 4 or 6 if you have some on less.
    The tricky thing is that if you give player A £4k a week, that limits your scope to give much better player B £5k a week later in the window!
  • Dazzler21 said:

We have on average 2k a week to play with. Could be 4 or 6 if you have some on less.
    The tricky thing is that if you give player A £4k a week, that limits your scope to give much better player B £5k a week later in the window!
    Which by the sound of it is what Lee's trying to work out. A number of our existing players are probably on the 2.5k side already. 
  • Scoham said:

Fifa is out tomorrow.
  • mart77 said:
    You’ve missed Gilbey too who is going to be a big player for us I feel.
    When he’s fit I see Gilbey as a first name on the team sheet 
    Do you mean in goal then?
  • Scoham said:

If we sign him he’ll become the new Lyle, won’t he? Sharing his every thought on social media.