Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Maddison - 20 months jail for GBH (p77)

Comments

• se9addick said:
    I’d take him all day long.  He was at Peterborough for 6 seasons, every year his goals and assist record was brilliant, even the season he left halfway through.

His levels of talent are no way questionable at this level, it’s there for all to see.  His attitude and personality are not facts, they are hearsay, and even if the things we hear are true, what’s to say Bowyer and Jacko wouldn’t be able to handle it and produce another gem signing.
    Why do you think he’s unemployed three weeks into the season?
    The salary cap must be a consideration. Why is rob Elliot unemployed? If we sign the other right back over Matthews, will Matthews have anything else lined up. There will be lots of unemployed players due to the salary cap and I hope they get together and challenge the legality of it if it prevents them from earning
    Sure i read something that the salary cap might be challenged as some form of restraint of trade.
    I can’t see how it isn’t. I agree there should be a cap on wages compared to turnover but this rule seems totally unfair. 
  • People like McAnthony must have seen through Southall within minutes of talking to him
    Not so sure - if I remember the video rightly he seemed to believe the bid was genuine etc and us in good hands with Southall.

He wasn't to know we were under embargo and Southall was literally turning up with a bid so he could pretend he was trying to run a football club properly.

I'm sorry, McAnthony definately knew that we were under an embargo.
    If so then McAnthony is a bigger prick than I thought. He was the one bigging up the deal, saying we had agreed to pay x up front,  y on survival & z later on. Sounds like he was just trying to drum up business from elsewhere & using us as bait.
  • edited September 2020
    If he did know we were under an embargo, then he was complicit with Southall's apparent fraudulent intentions for the club. I would prefer to believe that he too was hoodwinked by Southall, as many were during that transfer window. 
  • Maddisson may or may not be a prick,but he is in the last chance saloon jobwise,if he turns up.does the business on the pitch, then that is all us supporters should worry about.let Bowyer and his team mates deal with any side issues.
  • Judging by his Instagram posts, I would say hes a mixture of over confident in his ability, insecure about how he is perceived by others and very lonely. He has a daughter who absolutely adores from a failed relationship and clearly hates not being involved in football at the moment but as a result seems to have become lazy and out of sync with his normal routines.

Do I think he has a bad attitude? Yes to an extent, but has had a lot going on in the background for sometime by the looks of it.

Do I think he could change under bowyer? Absolutely but he needs to want to!

Would i sign him up? Again absolutely on a one year deal with the option of 1 or 2 more providing he meets certain performance and attitude criteria!
  • Redhenry said:
    Probably would have the most ability in League One, but people in the game have told me he's lazy.
    If Bowyer can get him working hard... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Probably would have the most ability in League One, but people in the game have told me he's lazy.
    If Bowyer can get him working hard... 
    Remember, pigs can fly ...... at least they did a couple of years ago one Saturday afternoon at The Valley.:smile:

• But I thought we all agreed we dodged a bullet with Maddison....
  • ReeCAFC15 said:
    This rag also has an article about Doughty going to Celtic for 800k.

If Sandgaard is serious then we should simply slap a 30m price tag on him.

Why not even put a price list for players out of our academy in the same manner as other businesses do for their fees. We could start by saying that players under 21 are not for sale.

Doughty bids are in my opinion the first test to see if Sandgaard's promises stand up to scrutiny.
  • I don't actually believe that every single player has to give 100% to be an asset. A lot of successful teams have luxury players as long as they have players around them doing the 'donkey work'. Problem is I don't think that's Bowyer style. 
    Definitely dodged a bullet there.
  • I don't actually believe that every single player has to give 100% to be an asset. A lot of successful teams have luxury players as long as they have players around them doing the 'donkey work'. Problem is I don't think that's Bowyer style. 
    Berbatov a fine example at the highest level
    Maybe we did, but then I trust Bowyer and it sounded before like it was Southall went to enquire about Toney and got offered Maddison. 
    It would be unfair to say Claus Jensen didn't work hard, but he was in the team for his guile and creativity. Let others like Kinsella, Kishishev and Stuart do the donkey work
    It would be unfair to say Claus Jensen didn't work hard, but he was in the team for his guile and creativity. Let others like Kinsella, Kishishev and Stuart do the donkey work
    Yeah Jensen is a good example. It worked because he had the technical ability whilst others put a shift in. If we had a midfield three of Gilbey, Watson and Lapslie for example, I'd be quite happy to let Maddison do what he does best. 
    Id say jonjo has suffered from this. Put hendo and fabinho next to him and he might turn into modric  
  • Sponsored links:

• ReeCAFC15 said:

Why not even put a price list for players out of our academy in the same manner as other businesses do for their fees. We could start by saying that players under 21 are not for sale.

Doughty bids are in my opinion the first test to see if Sandgaard's promises stand up to scrutiny.
    problem is Doughty is out of contract next June and if he won't sign a new deal can leave for free next summer if moving to Scotland or for a ludicrously low compo fee if staying in England. Sandgaard has money but he's not got it by being stupid. We are a business remember. Now if Doughty was on a three year deal then I'd agree with you and that is an entirely different scenario.
  • ReeCAFC15 said:

problem is Doughty is out of contract next June and if he won't sign a new deal can leave for free next summer if moving to Scotland or for a ludicrously low compo fee if staying in England. Sandgaard has money but he's not got it by being stupid. We are a business remember. Now if Doughty was on a three year deal then I'd agree with you and that is an entirely different scenario.

I agree can actually see Alfie leaving before the window closes.
  • Maddisons a talent....an arrogant s*it yes but a talent all the same. 

If he signed then we gotta give him a chance though I do think he would quickly become a scapegoat!

We need a creative maestro...
  • Maddisson may or may not be a prick,but he is in the last chance saloon jobwise,if he turns up.does the business on the pitch, then that is all us supporters should worry about.let Bowyer and his team mates deal with any side issues.

Yeah, if I remember, Lyle Taylor didn't have the best reputation in the dressing room or training ground.
    Probably the reason he was always moving from club to club in the lower divisions.

Bowyer sorted him out sufficiently to get him to spearhead our promotion season, scoring 25 goals.
    If Maddison should sign, then I'll have faith in Bowyer to get the best out of him.

• I have a different view about Maddison in L1. He is proven and probably worth a punt. 

I wonder whether this might involve Doughty moving on? Both left footed wingers. 
  • Cawley has confirmed we’re interested in Maddison 

• Redhenry said:

I first mentioned Marcus Maddison 6 years ago as a possibility for cafc just after he left Newcastle and had a blinder for Gateshead  in the Conference. Goalscoring midfielder or winger as he was then will always be in demand but...

Not sure if could replicate that form now as he's in a dark place and London may make him worse.
  • edited September 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    But I thought we all agreed we dodged a bullet with Maddison....
    Maybe we did, but then I trust Bowyer and it sounded before like it was Southall went to enquire about Toney and got offered Maddison. 
    Exactly, I mentioned this on a different thread a couple of days ago, enquire about Toney knowing full well we couldn't sign him. Wanker  ( mouthall not Dazzler)
  • Maddison strikes me as someone who needs to be loved. Maybe not so different from Watt. Albeit unlikely that he's such a lovely human being. But you never know. People get reputations and go down weird paths