Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The ITK Thread - summer 2021 update p14

Comments

• A fair number of people could get themselves diminished over the next 24 hours, let’s watch how they try to distance themselves when it all goes tits up....
  • edited September 2020
    really busy day at work today... Fingers crossed this can be ticked off early! 
  • Haha, I'm really not ITK! Just heard it from a mate.
    Is your mate ITK?
    No, he just read it off here or heard it 3rd hand (from someone who read it off here). That's the problem, people get texts or tweets from mates telling them something & they think its gospel.......but the source probably only read a rumour on here & so it's mostly bollox. It's like Chinese whispers.....only worse.
  • Glad this thread has the playful, not-a-witch-hunt vibe that it should, but can't help but feel the persistent "get the champagne in the fridge for Friday" stuff was so oddly gung-ho this week. 

How were people so sure? Was the message coming through literally "Everyone at the club and all official bodies informed, announcement due at X o'clock"? Because if not (and it can't have been given what we know now), it seems crazy to call the specific day and stick with it so firmly given the complexity of the deal, and how painstakingly slow the EFL are. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Glad this thread has the playful, not-a-witch-hunt vibe that it should, but can't help but feel the persistent "get the champagne in the fridge for Friday" stuff was so oddly gung-ho this week. 

How were people so sure? Was the message coming through literally "Everyone at the club and all official bodies informed, announcement due at X o'clock"? Because if not (and it can't have been given what we know now), it seems crazy to call the specific day and stick with it so firmly given the complexity of the deal, and how painstakingly slow the EFL are. 
    I have a feeling someone actually ITK has said it could be as early as Friday and people have in all good intentions got carried away.
  • Is it worth giving Dubai etc. a bit of leeway seeing it appears that the EFL have delayed celebrations?
  • se9addick said:
    Is it worth giving Dubai etc. a bit of leeway seeing it appears that the EFL have delayed celebrations?

Should have factored EFL incompetence into the prediction, it was a pre-existing condition. 
    Yep a simple 'subject to EFL approval' on the day of dropping their ITK nuggets would have seen them insured.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Is it worth giving Dubai etc. a bit of leeway seeing it appears that the EFL have delayed celebrations?

Should have factored EFL incompetence into the prediction, it was a pre-existing condition. 
    Yep a simple 'subject to EFL approval' on the day of dropping their ITK nuggets would have seen them insured.

Even worse - you actually acknowledge that EFL approval is a requirement and still said that it should be announced today. 
    That's because I was told that the EFL had informed the club it would be done by today. It would appear this has now changed. My apologies 😞
  • Chuck them all in the stocks 
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

Even worse - you actually acknowledge that EFL approval is a requirement and still said that it should be announced today. 
    That's because I was told that the EFL had informed the club it would be done by today. It would appear this has now changed. My apologies 😞
    You may be allowed a pass. 

Would you prefer :

A - you get a pass if it doesn't happen today, but no credit if it does happen today
    or
    B - Risk it still being today?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

You may be allowed a pass. 

Would you prefer :

A - you get a pass if it doesn't happen today, but no credit if it does happen today
    or
    B - Risk it still being today?
    I will take the pass on this one.

I'll still be verified for providing reliable information when the deal for The Valley and SL is revealed 😀
    Are you Chris Farnell in disguise?

You certainly sounded flustered a few minutes ago on here? ;)
  • edited September 2020
  • ..........any news ?

😉