Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• I'd imagine the PS5 will be £349 for digital one and £449 for full fat one, or maybe they'll try and undercut by going 299 and 399
  • edited September 2020
    Going to get XBox X since I love the new FSX flight simulator 2020 which is amazing, will save me from upgrading my older computer.

I was watching a flight sim stream on twitch the other day and the guy was saying he paid £50 or something like that for a 737 and apparently the airports need to be purchased individually or as packs?

It looks great fun, but it sounds damn expensive. Surely they can't bring that sort of pricing to console, can't see that selling well.

So at present you've three purchase tiers

£60 for standard where you get an A320, 747 along with a ton of other Airports and Airplanes
    *This version is on the Xbox Game Pass, which is what I use so you can pay something like £3.99 p/m

£80 for the Premium edition which gives you another five aircraft and five airports
    £100 for the Premium deluxe with gives you another five aircraft and five airports

As someone who has played a lot of flight sims (and this one) its good for its money as the whole world is modelled really well, although there are issues... Previous sims would give you a very basic scenery package which would require addons through other companies that could cost well above £100 so you do get your monies worth.

Both airports and aircraft could look better though and thats where Addon companies will come into it now, ORBX airports (one of the biggest scenery developers) will cost roughly £20 / £30, whilst two companies: PMDG and FSLabs have produced a 737 and A320 that is extremely realistic, those should eventually come to MSFS (the PMDG 737 definitely is in 2021) but will cost in excess of £100 EACH!!

So yeah it can be a very expensive hobby...

The hope is that with much larger interest, these companies can now afford to lower their prices as instead of having a fanbase of say 200k, they've now got a fanbase of say 1m - thats already been shown by ORBX who have released their rendition of London City Airport for £15

There are plenty of streams on YouTube that are decent to watch though; Chewwy94 | Squirrel are both experienced in the field
  • Dazzler21 said:

Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S priced at £449 at £249 respectively. Launching on 10th November, with pre-orders from 22nd September.

Next-gen for £249 is surely going to take some customers from PS I'd imagine, albeit with a downgrade in storage and performance. Could see it selling well.

All I need now is a PS5 price/release date and GT7 release date.

£249? What are the sacrifices over the X?
    Main one is the S can't do 4k gaming
    Or have a disk drive I think
  • Going to get XBox X since I love the new FSX flight simulator 2020 which is amazing, will save me from upgrading my older computer.

I was watching a flight sim stream on twitch the other day and the guy was saying he paid £50 or something like that for a 737 and apparently the airports need to be purchased individually or as packs?

It looks great fun, but it sounds damn expensive. Surely they can't bring that sort of pricing to console, can't see that selling well.

I know am hoping for a Xmas price was between them So the price comes down.
  • Sorry meant to say price war.
  • Xbox Series S + Game Pass offers unreal value for money. 
  • No chance of a price war less than 6 weeks after the release date
  • Microsoft have also got the Xbox All Access this launch in the UK, £28 a month for 2 years, Xbox series X, gamepass and EA Play £672 total,

I have gamepass which is £132 for 12 months and EA Play which is £20 for 12 months so if I got the Series X at launch and still paid for gamepass and EA Play individually as normal it's £733 so I'll save myself £60 if I go the All Access route.

There were some leaks last week that PS5 was £499 but I'd be surprised if that didn't change to £449 now if the leak was correct.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S priced at £449 at £249 respectively. Launching on 10th November, with pre-orders from 22nd September.

Next-gen for £249 is surely going to take some customers from PS I'd imagine, albeit with a downgrade in storage and performance. Could see it selling well.

As Kentish said it’s the 4K compatibility or lack of that’s the biggest difference. Also the X has triple the GPU and double internal storage. X Also has a blu Ray compatible disc drive, S is completely digital.

this is a pretty decent article for comparison of the two:

https://www.techradar.com/news/xbox-series-x-vs-xbox-series-s-which-xbox-will-be-right-for-you
  • sam3110 said:
    I'd imagine the PS5 will be £349 for digital one and £449 for full fat one, or maybe they'll try and undercut by going 299 and 399
    I don't think they can undercut unless they just want to bleed money

Xbox was always going to be really cheap for this generation to attempt to win people back over after the debacle of the xbox one release and two, they will make the money back in gamepass subscriptions which is what they hinted they was aiming for and going all in on previously.

• Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Main one is the S can't do 4k gaming
    Poo GIF - Find on GIFER

No point in upgrading in that case. 
  • Chunes said:
    Xbox Series S + Game Pass offers unreal value for money. 
    Not if it's not 4k. It's almost current gen without it. 
  • For those not watching the Ps event; £449.99 for the more expensive console released November 19th. 
  • For those not watching the Ps event; £449.99 for the more expensive console released November 19th. 
    Reasonable. 

• edited September 2020
    Not sure on the new FF.

Looks like a dark souls more than a FF.
  • The digital only one is £359, specs are a lot better than the Series S for only £50 more, I'd say that's a comfortable win for Sony on the "cheap" versions.
  • 360 for the hardware inside is really good value.
  • The PS5 looks like a wireless router!
    I was really thinking "I have seen that somewhere before!"
  • The digital only one is £359, specs are a lot better than the Series S for only £50 more, I'd say that's a comfortable win for Sony on the "cheap" versions.
    This is where I'm torn. I'll likely go digital, but that means no cheap 2nd hand games.
  • Can someone explain the difference between the 2 ps5s? One with discs one without it that it?
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:
    Can someone explain the difference between the 2 ps5s? One with discs one without it that it?
    Seems to be
  • PS5 Digital Edition vs PS5: What's the Difference?

There's only one major difference between the PS5 Digital Edition vs PS5, and that's the 4K UHD Blu-ray disc drive. The PS5 Digital Edition does not include a disc drive, while the PS5 does. This means there are obvious aesthetic differences between the two devices, as the PS5 Digital Edition has a slightly smaller profile owing to the absence of a disc drive. It also means that physical media cannot be played on the PS5 Digital Edition, including PS5 and PS4 gamesDVDs, and 4K UHD Blu-ray movies.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Not sure on the new FF.

Looks like a dark souls more than a FF.
    I thought that. Actually at first I thought it looked like a generic expansion to FFXV. 
  • I guess that’s the problem when you announce a price first. Leaves you open to being undercut.

Games that stood out for me were Spider-Man, the limited Cod single player and resident evil. 
  • edited September 2020

• edited September 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    The digital only one is £359, specs are a lot better than the Series S for only £50 more, I'd say that's a comfortable win for Sony on the "cheap" versions.
    This is where I'm torn. I'll likely go digital, but that means no cheap 2nd hand games.
    Ill be getting the Series X with Microsoft's all access so will be £28 a month for 2 years with Gamepass thrown in etc, i now might get the cheaper PS5 in the new year at that price.

I'm not a big first party exclusive gamer so that's not an issue for me, I do buy a lot of second hand games and then sell them on again myself so will carry on doing that with my Xbox games while I will get my son to put his PS Plus account on the PS5  if I get one and I can buy any of the exclusives I fancy when the price drops or they have a sale.
  • Just ordered the ps5 on very, don't have to pay for 12 months and it gives me something to do in the next lockdown.
  • shine166 said:
    Just ordered the ps5 on very, don't have to pay for 12 months and it gives me something to do in the next lockdown.
    Yeah also done. 

Went Fatboy PS5 as I do like to play pre-owned and older games.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    shine166 said:
    Just ordered the ps5 on very, don't have to pay for 12 months and it gives me something to do in the next lockdown.
    Yeah also done. 

Went Fatboy PS5 as I do like to play pre-owned and older games.
    Yeah same here, probably works out cheaper in the long run too