Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open Tennis 2020

Comments

• Options
    Thank you. 
    For what it's worth, there is no way that was intentional, but, rules are rules, so, I understand why he was disqualified. 
    Seems harsh, but maybe Karma......?
  • Options
    I don't think anyone thinks it was intentional, listening to Tim Henman now he said it wasnt intentional but there is no way around it as soon as it happened to only outcome was a disqualification based on the rules 
  • Options
    I hadn't realised it was a direct hit, rather than a ricochet. Not hit hard, but no option other than to throw him out
  • Options
    She did go down in about 5 stages. 
  • Options
    I have to to say she did squeal like a footballer
  • Options
    Obviously didn't mean to hit her and 99 times out of a 100 he probably wouldn't have hit her but rules are rules. If he gets away with it because it was a mistake or an accident or whatever then it sets a bad precedent.

Saying that he's been playing tennis long enough to know roughly where the judges are positioned, so how he ended turning around to pelt the ball against that wall is anyone's guess, moron.
  • Options
    This looks a bit soft but the rules are clear.
    I remember Nalbandian getting disqualified for kicking a line judge, now that's a proper disqualification. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seriously any half decent sportsperson catches that flick from Djokovic ...and lobs it back at him at twice the pace 

• Options
    Should have been a cushioned header to the ballboy.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    now that is a defo straight red
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Djokovic has really gone down in my estimations in recent times.
    If you watch it back you'll find he merely knocked a ball towards to back of the court like players do 100 times a match. It wasn't in anger & it wasn't hard. Very unlucky to hit a line judge & imo it shouldnt have hurt that much. I'm not an apologist or a fan of his - just having seen it on the news I think it very harsh. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    iaitch said:
    now that is a defo straight red
    Far worse than the Beckham one against Argentina!
  • Options
    Yeh lets all talk about you, Kyrgios.  Knob.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The Bryan Brothers announced their retirement with immediate effect 
  • Options
    Semi Finals

Carreno Busta v Zverev

Carreno Busta has 1 previous Grand Slam Semi to his name when he lost to Anderson is the US Open in 2017

Zverev also has 1 previous Grand Slam Semi to his name when he lost to Thiem in the Australian Open in 2020

So this time one of those will win a grand slam semi and book their first ever Grand Slam Final spot.

Medvedev v Thiem

Medvedev was runner up in the US Open in 2019

Thiem has 3 Grand Slam Finals to his name all defeats, French Open in 2018 and 2019 and Australian Open 2020, this is his first US Open Semi Final 
  • Options
    Medvedev and Thiem feels like it should be the final, but then it might be that they have a tough semi and the winner in the other has an advantage.

I think Thiem will win it though.
  • Options
    Victoria Azarenka is into her first Grand Slam Final since 2013

She will meet Osaka in the final 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Zverev v Carreno Busta into a decider - definitely think the winner of the other semi will win the whole thing.
  • Options
    What a comeback from 2-0 down from Zverev 
  • Options
    Thiem beats Medvedev in straight sets.
  • Options
    Second semi was so much better quality than the first.
  • Options
    Naomi Osaka wins the Womens Singles 2-1

1-6
    6-3
    6-3
  • Options
    Well done, this time she will get all the publicity unlike the last time she won it when Williams threw her toys out the pram.
  • Options
    Theim has looked so nervous.
  • Options
    A tiebreaker to settle a GrandSlam

Both players had a chance to serve out the match in the final set and both players were broken straight back
  • Options
    I know he is still only 23 but I just dont see Zverev winning a Slam now

2-0 up and a break up

Then 5-3 up in the 5th and serving for the match

Both times he messed it up, this was his big chance and he didn't have it in him
  • Options
    Zverev will definitely win one, only 23, this experience will help not hinder him I think, and he's quality, not like someone who had a lucky run in etc.