Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• That’s it then! Completed the 92 at 7 years of age! Great day out today and I’ve genuinely had the most brilliant journey over the past 3 and a half years with this little lad. Thank you to @thesilkmen for the warm welcome today! https://t.co/72xlZ0nXSL
  • edited September 2018
    Only doing it all watching one team to go for then. Good luck to him with that. I'm on 68 watching us. Though couple of those have new grounds since.
  • Spurs, West Ham, Burton, Bristol R, Lincoln, Newport, Forest Green, Mansfield, Morecambe, Macclesfield.
    So I'm on 82 of the current 92.
    I've been to previous grounds for Spurs, W Ham & Bristol R. So could/should be 85.
    I've also done loads that are now non league and a few abroad.

Think you can still count spurs mate as a) they haven’t currently moved and b) you get 2 years to count it after they move

If not I need to add them as well
  • Hoping to add Cheltenham and Cambridge this season, thankfully not watching Charlton in league two!

I can’t remember how many more I’ve got to finish the 92, will have to work it out one day, I think there’s a website you can go to where you can keep a record, I haven’t updated mine for years though,
  • Hoping to add Cheltenham and Cambridge this season, thankfully not watching Charlton in league two!

I can’t remember how many more I’ve got to finish the 92, will have to work it out one day, I think there’s a website you can go to where you can keep a record, I haven’t updated mine for years though,

Yes there is a website
    They also sold limited editions wall posters to track your progress
  • I’ve never understood the 92.

Is it the current 92? So every season you potentially have to add the Conference promoted teams and any new stadia e.g. Spurs’ new ground to it?

Otherwise you’ll never complete it?
  • Ross said:

I’ve never understood the 92.

Is it the current 92? So every season you potentially have to add the Conference promoted teams and any new stadia e.g. Spurs’ new ground to it?

Yes current 92
  • Sponsored links:

• As a Charlton fan your chances of doing them with one club are greatly enhanced than most fans !

There's been a few clubs that have risen up and down the leagues even more than us! Bradford, Swansea, Bournemouth, Luton spring to mind
  • edited September 2018

Ross said:

Yes current 92
    pp
    Is it b@llocks if I've seen a team play at any ground I'm counting it
  • Up to 61 grounds, only watching Charlton play. Most grounds are either in the top flight, league two or northern out posts which I never can be arsed to go to.
  • Nowhere near ‘the 92’ but over 120 grounds in total.
  • As a Charlton fan your chances of doing them with one club are greatly enhanced than most fans !

When we went on that shit run toward the end of the 16/17 season (losing to Northampton etc) we weren’t that far off getting caught out. The only good thing (if you can call it that) from relegation to league 2 would’ve been I prob would’ve been able to get within 2/3 of the 92
  • clb74 said:

Ross said:

Yes current 92
    pp
    I’ve been out the country for 16 years so rarely add new grounds these days. But I’m claiming places like Upton Park, Maine Road, Filbert St etc in my 60 odd..
  • Been to a lot of grounds multiple times hudds, Brighton, Nillwall but currently sit on 42/92 use an app called away days its 79p on App Store and v simple.
  • clb74 said:

Ross said:

Yes current 92
    pp
    Indeed. The 92 is crap - just because Our Price Records no longer exists doesn't mean I never bought an 8-track from them.

Watching Charlton, I've been to 91 league clubs at 109 different grounds [plus Wembley and Brescia].
    So, as far as I'm concerned it'll be 92 when I get to go to Burton in a few weeks. But my target is 100. Which might be tricky as apart from Burton there's only one club in League One and three in League Two that I haven't been to to see Charlton play.
  • Back down to 90 with Barrow coming up (Already have been to Harrogate) and Brentford’s new ground. However with all the restrictions in place at present that now will be very difficult to complete for a while to come. 
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    Back down to 90 with Barrow coming up (Already have been to Harrogate) and Brentford’s new ground. However with all the restrictions in place at present that now will be very difficult to complete for a while to come. 
    Wimbledon have a new ground too
  • shirty5 said:
    Back down to 90 with Barrow coming up (Already have been to Harrogate) and Brentford’s new ground. However with all the restrictions in place at present that now will be very difficult to complete for a while to come. 
    Which is still under construction 
  • ...and he's skint for the rest of his life....
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Which is still under construction 
    Which will be used this season.
  • My 92 is now 89. I had planned trips to Barrow and Harrogate on successive weekends but Covid put pay to that.Some purists would insist that you go to St Andrews when Coventry are at home. I also regard Spurs as a rebuild and not a new ground as per Bournemouth a few years ago. 

Obviously Brentford needs to be added.

In addition had hoped to add Crewe to my done with Charlton list but the fixture list stopped that. Just to rub salt in the wounds Lincoln was a pre season friendly in the 80's and well overdue a visit. 
  • Lincoln & Crewe were two of the three that I needed this season (assuming Wimbledon counts as a new ground that will be the third I need) so the fixture list really didn’t help! 
  • Any idea when away grounds for away fans will be back on the Charlton radar?
  • Any idea when away grounds for away fans will be back on the Charlton radar?
    Probably not until there are no longer restrictions on how many people can enter a stadium.

The reason why away fans are unlikely to be allowed is not just a health reason (less people travelling etc), but so that home fans don’t miss out if there’s only 30% capacity allowed in a stadium.

Therefore, I suspect away fans may not be able to travel to games until there is a vaccine. 
  • I'm on 10 (7 if you don't count old ones) what's the rush? I'm only 60 years old (27 if you don't count old ones)
  • Ross said:
    I’ve never understood the 92. Is it the current 92? So every season you potentially have to add the Conference promoted teams and any new stadia e.g. Spurs’ new ground to it? Otherwise you’ll never complete it?
    That is the beauty of it, always adding more to the list.