Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NBA Basketball

Anyone else got a team they follow?

Comments

• Atlanta Hawks fan here. Love the NBA, basketball definitely my second favourite sport behind football of course.
  • edited August 2020
    I haven’t got a team as such as yet, just watching different games, and seeing what sticks.

Love the colour of the Utah Jazz shirts, no idea if they are any good!

Certainly a lot less stressful than watching Charlton!
  • Don't really have a favourite team, just enjoy watching good players and good matches. Warriors have been a joy to watch the last few years, but they lost almost their entire team to injuries this year and ended up bottom.

Mate at work is a big Boston Celtics fan and an ex-colleague emigrated to Toronto 3-4 years ago and watched all of last years NBA Finals games in one of the Toronto fan parks, which was obviously great as the Raptors won.
  • My lad has got into it this year and likes the Celtics.

Watching Clippers v Blazers game on YouTube stream now 
  • Followed it back in the 90’s and was/am a Utah Jazz fan. 
    Loved Stockton and Malone back then. 
  • LA Clippers baby.
    THIS YEAR....!
  • Was a massive Milwaukee Bucks fan when I was younger. Didnt like the direction the NBA was going and thought the integrity of the game was being lost so I stopped watching.

Now that I live in Milwaukee, I'm tempted to try to get back into it but I wouldn't feel right hopping back on the bandwagon 
  • Houston Rockets, mainly because of their colours 
  • Rossman92 said:
    Was a massive Milwaukee Bucks fan when I was younger. Didnt like the direction the NBA was going and thought the integrity of the game was being lost so I stopped watching.

Now that I live in Milwaukee, I'm tempted to try to get back into it but I wouldn't feel right hopping back on the bandwagon 
    If you live there, i don't really think that's hopping on the bandwagon. Might as well just enjoy it whilst they're good, which will basically be until Giannis leaves.
  • Rossman92 said:
    Was a massive Milwaukee Bucks fan when I was younger. Didnt like the direction the NBA was going and thought the integrity of the game was being lost so I stopped watching.

Make use of the Bucks being good while you can, I think Giannis is going into free agency this summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Houston Rockets here. Best mate is from Houston and he roped me in. Love Harden. 
  • Don’t get it. Too easy to score to take seriously.
  • Bulls and anyone that knocks the sport and it’s athleticism should watch the Jordan Netflix series. 
  • Rossman92 said:

Make use of the Bucks being good while you can, I think Giannis is going into free agency this summer.
    Every team in the NBA thinks it's a sure thing that he leaves. I honestly don't think that's the case
  • edited August 2020
    I'm a sucker for punishment so follow the Suns. Also always loved the name and colour scheme of the Timberwolves so have a soft spot for them
  • Massively followed it in the 90s and early 2000s. Lakers fan, but nothing to do with the success. Just drawn to the fact they played in gold as opposed to every other team in white.
  • Rossman92 said:

Summer 2021 he's a free agent but they can offer him a new super max contract this summer. 
  • edited August 2020
    If only they reverted back to proper travelling rules rather than allowing them to run half the court for a dunk
  • Coincidentally I ordered Sky Sports Arena on Friday for this. Haven't watched it since the 90s, used to like Detroit back then but that was only because I knew someone from there. 

So I haven't got a favourite team, every time I've been State side I've missed basketball. So I guess I'll look out for cities I've been to and see who's least Charlton like.  
  • Orlando Magic, have followed since going to a few games whilst on holiday 
  • Sponsored links:

• NBA - Lakers
    NHL - Leafs
  • Timberwolves .. but just cancelled Sky& BT subs, so no can watch no more
  • edited August 2020
    Is it normal for Sky recordings to cut off the end of a game like Lakers v Denver last night? Pretty frustrating when you've sat through nearly 4 quarters.
  • RedPanda said:
    Is it normal for Sky recordings to cut off the end of a game like Lakers v Denver last night? Pretty frustrating when you've sat through nearly 4 quarters.
    Gutting!

No idea, but thanks for the heads up, I’ve got that one on record.
  • Play offs are now underway.

Shock loss for the number 1 seed Bucks tonight, smashed by Orlando Magic. They need a dramatic improvement next game.
  • Boston Celtics since the early 80s, (Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish).  Preferred them to the LA Lakers (Magic Johnson, Karen Abdul Jabber). They were the big two teams at the time when the NBA started appearing on British TV.

A good win in the opening play off game against the Sixers. But the Celtics are short of a big man at the 5 (Centre) position to have a run at it this year. Anthony Davis would be problem in a match up with the Lakers in the final, as was Joel Embid in the opening game of the Play Offs (26 pts and 16 rebounds, double-double). Giannis is also coming down the line in the next round if the Bucks live up to their number one seeding. He was suspended for their first game for a head butt. I expect the Bucks to win 4-1 against the Magic with his return. The Celtics don't have anyone good enough to guard him. However, Kemba Walker, Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward and Jason Taytum are a good core in the 1-4 positions for the next few seasons, if they can add a quality big man.
  • Both number 1 seeds lose on the same night. Lakers just lost game 1 to the Blazers after some horrible shooting.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:
    Boston Celtics since the early 80s, (Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish).  Preferred them to the LA Lakers (Magic Johnson, Karen Abdul Jabber). They were the big two teams at the time when the NBA started appearing on British TV.

A good win in the opening play off game against the Sixers. But the Celtics are short of a big man at the 5 (Centre) position to have a run at it this year. Anthony Davis would be problem in a match up with the Lakers in the final, as was Joel Embid in the opening game of the Play Offs (26 pts and 16 rebounds, double-double). Giannis is also coming down the line in the next round if the Bucks live up to their number one seeding. He was suspended for their first game for a head butt. I expect the Bucks to win 4-1 against the Magic with his return. The Celtics don't have anyone good enough to guard him. However, Kemba Walker, Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward and Jason Taytum are a good core in the 1-4 positions for the next few seasons, if they can add a quality big man.
    He played in game 1. 31 points and 17 rebounds. Rest of the Bucks were poor though.
  • Sky aren't showing much. I'd like to have watched that, and all the Lakers vs Portland games. The next couple of games in that should be extra tense how. 

I think I'd like Toronto to win, boring pick as champs but they seem underdogs. The Clippers knocking out the Lakers would also be cool. 
  • Warriors for me. So, no interest in the playoffs this year.