Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2020/2021 SPL

not usually a league I follow, but as I have said before if football is on tv I will watch it.

As there is no English games atm I have noticed Sky have 3 SPL games this weekend, and I know we have a couple of people interested in the league 

So I thought why not start a thread for the season ahead as I will be watching a few games on sky the coming weeks no doubt.

Comments

• Rangers v Aberdeen starts at 12.30 today
  • I don’t usually follow it that closely either but there is an interesting narrative this season with Celtic looking to break Rangers’ record of 9 titles in a row.

Here’s hoping Rangers put them firmly back in their box.
  • Rangers look strong going forwards, Morelos is dropping very deep though. 

The Aberdeen player, Cosgrove, sitting in the stands that they keep cutting to is probably the reason Lyle won’t move to Rangers - they should be signing Cosgrove next week.  
  • Rangers 1 up
  • se9addick said:
    Rangers look strong going forwards, Morelos is dropping very deep though. 

The Aberdeen player, Cosgrove, sitting in the stands that they keep cutting to is probably the reason Lyle won’t move to Rangers - they should be signing Cosgrove next week.  
    I believe they turned down a bid for him, then a few days later he got a serious injury and is out for months
  • se9addick said:
    Rangers look strong going forwards, Morelos is dropping very deep though. 

I believe they turned down a bid for him, then a few days later he got a serious injury and is out for months
    Ah hadn’t seen that. Maybe the Lyle deal is back on then! 
  • Good first win for Rangers, played well in the first half and we’re comfortable in the second. 

Morelos didn’t look particularly motivated which is a concern. 
  • edited August 2020
    cafctom said:
    I don’t usually follow it that closely either but there is an interesting narrative this season with Celtic looking to break Rangers’ record of 9 titles in a row.

Here’s hoping Rangers put them firmly back in their box.
    Break their own record @cafctom
  • se9addick said:
    Good first win for Rangers, played well in the first half and we’re comfortable in the second. 

Morelos didn’t look particularly motivated which is a concern. 
    Gerrard is definitely fed up with Morelos transfer questions......

• Sponsored links:

• Hamilton giving it a real go.
  • Celtic top as it stands
  • Comfortable 5-1 win for Celtic so they are top on goal difference.

The Bhoys goal threat seems greater than the other title contestants, especially after Lyle signs at Parkhead and Moreles leaves Castle Greyskull.
  • Big difference in class between Edouard and Taylor. Plus Edouard to the best of my knowledge isn’t a git.   Morellos is a weapons grade git but a different player to Taylor and, despite his gitness, I Suspect a class above too.  Taylor playing for the old firm would be an interesting concept. He would get kicked shitless which would be one small consolation I suppose. 
  • Big difference in class between Edouard and Taylor. Plus Edouard to the best of my knowledge isn’t a git.   Morellos is a weapons grade git but a different player to Taylor and, despite his gitness, I Suspect a class above too.  Taylor playing for the old firm would be an interesting concept. He would get kicked shitless which would be one small consolation I suppose. 
    To be honest Taylor would probably score a ton at either of the Old Firm. 

It would be interesting to see Morelos in a more competitive league, I don’t think he would do too well. 
  • I think the friendlies were interesting

Obviously I know Celtic fans will say they were only friendlies so it means nothing but Celtic and Rangers both played the same teams a few days apart and the results were very different, it does make you wonder if just maybe Rangers will get closer to Celtic this year

Celtic

1-1 draw v Nice
    1-2 defearlt v Lyon

Rangers

2-0 win v Nice
    2-0 win v Lyon

As I say Celtic fans will say its just friendlies so mean nothing, but this early in the season its the only comparison you can have really as they have faced the same teams, first old firm game is in October 
  • I see Tony Watt only managed 8 minutes today, I do hope he hasn't come back unfit after the long break 
  • I see Tony Watt only managed 8 minutes today, I do hope he hasn't come back unfit after the long break 
    Has he ever really been 100% fit.
    What a waste of talent. 
  • Comfortable 5-1 win for Celtic so they are top on goal difference.

The Bhoys goal threat seems greater than the other title contestants, especially after Lyle signs at Parkhead and Moreles leaves Castle Greyskull.

• Perfect gaff for him the rodent 
  • Sponsored links:

• Another good win for Hibs puts them top, Ross County 2nd.

Celtic struggling in 4th
  • Morelos scored 2 goals today I see, expecting to move on, but has carried on performing and scored 2 goals for his team

Taylor could learn a lot
  • Alex Dyer getting a point from Celtic

He obviously learnt alot from Powell and is going to be a top manager 
  • Alex Dyer getting a point from Celtic

He obviously learnt alot from Powell and is going to be a top manager 
    If he can succeed in the SPL he can do it anywhere.
  • Rangers running away with the league. Their league to lose now.

Celtic not even in an European place. Disgrace.
  • Rangers fans lit up the banks of the Clyde last night ahead of “trophy day” (today) - looked pretty spectacular

• Tavernier, who is Rangers right back just scored his 20th goal of the season!!
  • edited May 2021
    Tavernier, who is Rangers right back just scored his 20th goal of the season!!
    66 for him now in 289 games for Rangers.