Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Wickes

Good grief, just been watching one of of these online videos by Joe Wickes, absolutely knackered watching it, how on earth does anyone do this stuff!

Comments

• Normally takes me three days to recover. Can't hide at the back like I used to do for PE got peer pressure from 6 year old with boundless energy and a degree of flexibility
  • edited August 2020
    Did 3 of his sessions during lockdown and actually found them to be very good. I’m not an athlete (far from it), but found it to be just the right level to build up a real sweat without completely destroying me.

If you think his stuff is hard work you should take a look at ‘Insanity’. That’s a whole new level, and something that I would actually consider quite damaging for the body, but people get lured in by the challenge.
  • I did every day from when he started to Egan he went down to 3 days a week, me and my son did it together most days.

When it started as lockdown did, I had just joined a gym and had been doing ok, then it was every morning in the sitting room at home. 

I did have an issue with a broken acl that o hadn’t done the muscle work on to fix it, that is now sorted 😁. 

I went to the gym for the first time last week Using a class I’ve never done before, was able to go for it because of the fitness I built up during lockdown where, despite drinking a bit more I lost a fair amount off weight and built up. Decent amount of muscle by doing the PE with Joe every day while not able to leave the house. 

Great work from him.
  • His Desert Island Disc's episode is an interesting listen. 
  • cafctom said:
    Did 3 of his sessions during lockdown and actually found them to be very good. I’m not an athlete (far from it), but found it to be just the right level to build up a real sweat without completely destroying me.

If you think his stuff is hard work you should take a look at ‘Insanity’. That’s a whole new level, and something that I would actually consider quite damaging for the body, but people get lured in by the challenge.
    Got 3 weeks into it before my body started giving up on me... Insanity is horrendous!