Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• im not sure who my line manager is ???
  • ... and the band played on......

This is bizarre. 
  • Nothing to see here.
  • My "line manager"?  Is that my dealer?  Or my girlfriend?

Uniquely weird.
  • It was clearly intended for staff and "somebody" thought to put it out there for us all!
  • TBF it does say it was sent to all staff...
  • Did Sue tell him to do this?
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:
    Did Sue tell him to do this?
    You just can’t leave it alone can you!
    Your mrs definitely 
  • Let,s hope there,s no-one looking for the member of staff that had the guts to forward this for us all to read....

Whoever it is, deserves a knighthood.
    The wife.
  • edited July 2020
    I think we should give him a chance. His message has a sell by date as it looks a formality to satisfy the EFL now they know what they want. I'd say the message has a credibility factor of a week from the EFL meeting. Surely that is more than enough time to give them what they need to see, now they know exactly what it is. Surely that is fair Chris, isn't it?

I mean, we were given bullshit from Nimer about the paperwork months ago. But Chris Parkes did not say anything about that so it isn't fair to criticise him for saying what he has now. But he must understand there is a responsibility when you do something like this. No reason not to trust him, so it ought to be by about Wednesday realistically that all this gets sorted. 
  • iainment said:
    Did Sue tell him to do this?
    You just can’t leave it alone can you!
    He is now and has been for a while part of the problem. 
    So no, I won’t leave him or it alone. My money has paid a very small part of his salary and I feel really angry about that.
  • I think we should give him a chance. His message has a sell by date as it looks a formality to satisfy the EFL now they know what they want. I'd say the message has a credibility factor of a week from the EFL meeting. Surely that is more than enough time to give them what they need to see, now they know exactly what it is. Surely that is fair Chris, isn't it?

I mean, we were given bullshit from Nimer about the paperwork months ago. But Chris Parkes did not say anything about that so it isn't fair to criticise him for saying what he has now. But he must understand there is a responsibility when you do something like this. No reason not to trust him, so it ought to be by about Wednesday realistically that all this gets sorted. 
    DON,T MENTION WEDNESDAY !
  • Ok, make it Thursday then!
  • Again, personal opinion, why can he not go into details. 
    Why can nobody, "owners", secretary, efl, anybody go into details ?
    Obviously we mean nothing to anybody in charge, they like to keep it in their little gangs.
    Enough. 

To me it is simple, nobody, including all of CARD, supporters of many years, people who have not missed a game for x years, whatever, nobody gives money or attends any matches. 

I know its the wrong time to say it, but Boycott means Boycott. 
    Even if we were allowed back tomorrow, everybody should say no.
    Enough is Enough. 

Stay safe.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2020
    As much as I don't doubt Chris Parkes is a Charlton legend and if you cut him bleeds Charlton blah, blah, why is an obviously internal communication being posted front of house on the club website for external viewing. 

The only relevant line is the realisation that I don't have a line manager, regardless of how long Chris has followed the club.
  • Chris is a decent fellow but time after time he has had the wool pulled over his eyes by various rouges that have owned/ run our club.

just the thought of that woman Meire running our club with her idiotic, lazy , useless leadership and the way he and his pathetic wife worshiped her makes me wonder if he is just a terrible judge of character or simply a “yes man”.
  • edited August 2020
    I would guess there is some element of being a yes man. It isn't always a negative. He has through the years got on with his job which he has undertaken with supreme professionalism and skill and in most circumstances, being a yes man is a positive for that job. It is organisational and not related to decisions from above.

Whilst he may be well suited to his job, he may be less suited to the politics of our recent situation. Being a yes man can reflect of who you are saying yes to. You can't attribute the views of his wife to him, but there is something Sue said a while back that I think could illuminate their position. She basically said he didn't believe in protest. If he is like her, he would absolutely be a yes man and will always be as good or bad as those giving him his orders.

He is in the right job though isn't he? And it is probably a job that should never be contaminated with the scandal of our owners. We need now, more than ever, for somebody to just get down and do it. And I think this letter is not a good development, as was/is the profile and statements of his wife.    
  • Wonder if Chris will be making a new statement..........

The little credibility Chris had has now gone.  Even if he was put up to it he shouldn't have let himself get in to that situation.

Totally agree. He needs to speak to the staff again and explain.
  • Thanks Chris means a lot.....