Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oh, When Don Stepped up

edited August 2020 in General Charlton
A box

Comments

• Produced by a firm of Italian jewellers in Birmingham

• To hold a gold medal for a significant football match
  • That’s nice that the FA gave her a medal for singing “I feel love’ 
  • Henry, are all/some the items in the museum technically owned by the club? I'm just thinking, what with Elliotts' track record of asset stripping....might be something to think about.
  • I suppose now is not the time to post 'that' England photo?
  • Better get them nailed down then

• ALL the items are owned by the museum or in a few special cases they are on loan from fans to the museum.
    Phew  ;)
  • Better get them nailed down then
    What Farnel & Elliot ? Sounds fantastic but not sure whether that's legal ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• For the avoidance of any confusion NONE of the items in the Museum are owned by the club.

That includes all the display items and all the cabinets and other display equipment including our vacuum cleaner.

ALL the items are owned by the museum or in a few special cases they are on loan from fans to the museum.
    This 100% and one of our moral responsibilities as museum trustees is to preserve these items for future generations, even in the doomsday scenario that there is no club. 

• edited August 2020

That's a sore point.
  • Addickted said:
    I suppose now is not the time to post 'that' England photo?
    The nazi salute photo?
  • Off_it said:
    Addickted said:
    The nazi salute photo?
    You mean the stain on the history of English football?
  • Off_it said:
    Addickted said:
    The nazi salute photo?
    You mean the stain on the history of English football?
    It's not really though, is it?
  • Off_it said:
    Addickted said:
    The nazi salute photo?
    Not always a recognised defence, but he could claim he was only following orders.....

Which is true actually, the foreign office told the FA they didn't want to cause offence and to get on with it. This was during the era of appeasement of course, I suspect Churchill would have thought differently.
  • I'm not going to bring up the shoplifting either.

It was just meant to be a thread about a part of our history, published on cup final day.
  • £10.00.............when does the auction close?