Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

www.theefl.co.uk

It's been mentioned on the Shenanigans thread, but I think it deserves a higher profile than that. Not sure whose work it is, but it definitely needs a wider audience.
I'm also wondering if there's anyone here who knows anything about the dark art of search engine optimisation, and if there's anything we can do to get the site showing higher in the search engine rankings?

Comments

• I have added it to 2 whatsapp groups i am in

Both contain over 200 people, so hopefully a few click on it and that takes the hits up
  • Who's the guy in the second picture?

Perhaps there should be quote marks around fit and proper person to highlight how it isn't such a test.
  • edited August 2020
    Tried to click on the petition, it wouldn't connect?  

Luton could be added to that list, BTW.  
  • Who's the guy in the second picture?

Perhaps there should be quote marks around fit and proper person to highlight how it isn't such a test.
    Steve Dale, the scumbag @ Bury
  • Tried to click on the petition, it wouldn't connect?  

I couldn't get it to link either 
  • edited August 2020
    Who's the guy in the second picture?

Steve Dale, the scumbag @ Bury
    @ForeverAddickted thank you.
  • redman said:
    Tried to click on the petition, it wouldn't connect?  

I couldn't get it to link either 
    I've found a work-around on both latest desktop versions of Safari and Chrome, which is to right-click, then open the petition in the new tab.
  • Press harder on the link than you usually would and it opens fine.
  • Just watched the video on Leyton Orient. Absolutely superb and achingly sad.
    Thank God they have had the opportunity to bounce back.

• The issue with the Petition Link needs solving if people encountering the video other then through CL are to use it!!
  • Sponsored links:

• This is superb.  We really do have some very talented people in our fanbase.

Very well done.

Is it just me? I got the sound but no picture.

Is it just me? I got the sound but no picture.
    It was fine for me.
  • Who made this? I think it is great.
  • Any way to keep us up on the count?
  • edited August 2020
    Poster on FB "CharltonAthletic4life" saying he's blocked trying to get to the petition.

• About our luck.
    When I try to sign the petition a little sad face comes up
  • If you want to sign the petition (rather than test the broken link) go to https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/331589
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2020
    The Twitter campaign link is also promising (auto-tweet to efl sponsors) but won't work unless you know how to press the link for an unusually long time.

Can you have a word with the creator @PragueAddick ?
  • HexHex
    edited August 2020
    Brilliant. I know who did it but not for me to announce. But the pedigree is obvious. 

Dwell on the level of EFL incompetence the actual website exposes for a moment. 

We know that Shaun Harvey paid himself £360,000 p.a. as CEO. Further down the food chain? Not a lot, it seems. Not enough for a digital marcomms manager with the basic nous to know that while you may only use the efl.com domain, you must also spend the £50 or so to buy similar domains such as  theefl.co.uk 
    otherwise some other people will legitimately buy it and potentially set about causing massive reputational damage

Like for example a guerilla unit of Charlton fans. 

Its not as if they weren't warned. I was in the meet when Harvey asked "right then, whats the difference between CAST and CARD?"

Take a bow, warriors...

Are you sure @PragueAddick?
  • Great effort.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Love it. I've tweeted it too in the hope that some come across this. Excellent work.🔴⚪
  • Hex said:
    Brilliant. I know who did it but not for me to announce. But the pedigree is obvious. 

We know that Shaun Harvey paid himself £360,000 p.a. as CEO. Further down the food chain? Not a lot, it seems. Not enough for a digital marcomms manager with the basic nous to know that while you may only use the efl.com domain, you must also spend the £50 or so to buy similar domains such as  theefl.co.uk 
    otherwise some other people will legitimately buy it and potentially set about causing massive reputational damage

Its not as if they weren't warned. I was in the meet when Harvey asked "right then, whats the difference between CAST and CARD?"

Take a bow, warriors...

Sorry? What exactly do you wish to dispute in that line?
  • Shame, it doesnt seem to have thumb nail when on share on socials. If it did, peoples appetite for clicking will fly up.

I'm holding back sharing with others in the hope this can be resolved <3
  • Hex said:

Take a bow, warriors...

At one time you could certainly do that; purchase a domain and hold companies to ransom to greater or lessor degrees but somewhere at the back of my mind where I store useless info, I thought that was no longer legal (the 'ransom' bit, that is).

• Hex said:
    Hex said:

Take a bow, warriors...

At one time you could certainly do that; purchase a domain and hold companies to ransom to greater or lessor degrees but somewhere at the back of my mind where I store useless info, I thought that was no longer legal (the 'ransom' bit, that is).

I did not mention ransom. Some people on Twitter are.

Reputational damage is something else. It s why most companies with a consumer profile as high the EFL will buy up to 50 domains that get close to their main one in the web surfer’s perception.

This is all about reputational damage.
  • Hex said:
    Hex said:

Take a bow, warriors...

I did not mention ransom. Some people on Twitter are.

Reputational damage is something else. It s why most companies with a consumer profile as high the EFL will buy up to 50 domains that get close to their main one in the web surfer’s perception.

This is all about reputational damage.
    I agree with what EFL should have done and while reputational damage is not necessarily ransom for money, there’s still a fine line to be trod.