Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheff Weds Decision 12 points Next season

Comments

• The EFL know that clubs that didn't go down will be happy they have a team on -12 next season so it will be up to us and Wigan to fight it.
  • This is great news for Wycombe Wanderers.....
  • Terrible own goal by the EFL. This will be talked about for years. Don't blame Wednesday for the result. 12 points is significant, however it is only a punishment if it affects a season, i.e promotion or relegation. This affects nothing yet. A protest coming from CAFC should follow this decision but i doubt it. Sadly our owners (whoever they are) don't give a fuck about football. 
    I wonder if it was even discussed at the meeting with CAFC? Makes life easier for the 'non-owners' as less funds to prove they have in L1. They are failing miserably at the moment. EFL here we come.
  • edited July 2020
    @nethertonowl going after @Chris_from_Sidcup on the activity page

Macros car park here we come
  • Simonsen said:
    This is great news for Wycombe Wanderers.....
    No offence to Coventry | Rotherham | Wycombe but bet Wednesday can catch all three next season

Not convinced with the spending from the former, its a bit like Barnsley this season (Yeah I know they survived) bringing in a lot of unknowns
  • Oh he is now mentioning something @AddickUpNorth said.

Someone tell him thats the activity wall 🤣🤣
  • Simonsen said:
    No offence to Coventry | Rotherham | Wycombe but bet Wednesday can catch all three next season

Not convinced with the spending from the former, its a bit like Barnsley this season (Yeah I know they survived) bringing in a lot of unknowns
    They might.

Or they might struggle to put together a squad decent enough to catch those clubs. 
  • This is an absolutely disgraceful decision.
  • The EFL are a board full of Millwall & Palace fans
  • Simonsen said:
    Simonsen said:

They might.

Or they might struggle to put together a squad decent enough to catch those clubs. 
    Bloody hope so
  • Sponsored links:

• By the time the club gets a reply, there probably wont be a club. 
  • That does surprise me
  • Looks like Elsie , the tea lady, has returned from furlough....
  • At least they've put a token statement out
  • edited July 2020
    From who? The owners who haven't proved source and sustainability? 

Of course it's an absolute scandal but can't see club in its current state getting anywhere with EFL
  • Must have good grounds for some sort of action (providing we have competent legal representation, HA), not like the hearing started after they were charged and has dragged on, they were charged in November and had to bring the hearing forward to the end of June, unforgivable.

• How weak and spineless does that read?! Sounds like just going through the motions with no actual intent to do anything.

Wouldn't be surprised if the EFLs timely visit to us didn't have some discussion about it. The whole thing stinks.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think a legal challenge would get into what happened for all these months and the EFL will want to avoid that. They can't relegate Wednesday now, but it would put a lot of pressure on them to do something about us and Wigan.
  • edited July 2020
    If I was a Wednesday FAN Id probably rather the deduction and play of level playing field next season, their best chance of being in the Championship following season IMO
  • What a piss take 
  • This is absolutely incredible.

Absolute bottle jobs.
  • Guys, football is run by gin swigging old geezers on the take and having an easy life. Sheff Wed are part of that institution. There was never a chance the EFL would have relegated Wednesday, never.
    Not like that little club Leeds?   No never. 
  • I would chip in to a legal fund. Not one adminstered by the Club though in case ESI get their greedy sausage fingers on it.......Maybe CAST ?
  • Wonder if Farnell will offer the EFL a deal, letting our dodgy owners sneak through as long as we drop any potential legal action against them...

• So cheating has been endorsed by the EFL. Not surprised to be honest maybe they should apply a transfer embargo over 2 or 3 windows on them so they can’t spend their I’ll gotten gains. Maybe that would deter others.