Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer Going?

Any truth in the rumour that Lee has already informed the players that he is going and that Dillon has already been sold to keep the club afloat?

Comments

• We've also been taken over by a rich sheikh.
  • I haven't heard this anywhere?
  • I was told the plan for Phillips was to go to West Brom as their second choice keeper if they went up.
  • Any truth in the rumour that Lee has already informed the players that he is going and that Dillon has already been sold to keep the club afloat?
    I'd be very very surprised if either are still with us on 12 September.
  • I think the vast majority are assuming both will be gone regardless of rumours 
  • Let's just hope any fee for Phillips ends up in our bank account and not Farnell's and Elliott's.
  • Lee did say in a interview a couple days ago that dillon will be sold, cant remember the other 2 names. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    I was told the plan for Phillips was to go to West Brom as their second choice keeper if they went up.
    Shame for him to backup, could see him ending up like Elliott. If he leaves he should go where he's going to be first choice. 
  • Scoham said:
    I was told the plan for Phillips was to go to West Brom as their second choice keeper if they went up.
    Shame for him to backup, could see him ending up like Elliott. If he leaves he should go where he's going to be first choice. 
    Gosh that would be awful for him.
  • Honestly think hope that he'll be thinking the he's stuck with it this long, so might aswell see what happens over the next couple of weeks. 

When does the season get going again?
  • Scoham said:
    He still needs another year with us to develop, although he made some great saves this season that kept us in games, he made some errors that cost us. The goals scored by hull at home, millwall home, Birmingham away and Wigan at home (1st), he could have done better.

if he stays and plays or Plays another season in the championship he will develop into a very good premier league goal keeper. If he goes somewhere to sit on the bench, that’s where he will remain.
  • Honestly think hope that he'll be thinking the he's stuck with it this long, so might aswell see what happens over the next couple of weeks. 

7 weeks yesterday is the first game 
  • Barnsley and Luton went for it with similar quality and we didn't. He has done extremely well for us since taking over. but I was questioning him more and more this season. Not using Sarr more, negative tactics etc... Nobody is perfect, but not sure keeping Bowyer is the biggest of our issues at the moment.
  • edited July 2020
    Scoham said:
    He still needs another year with us to develop, although he made some great saves this season that kept us in games, he made some errors that cost us. The goals scored by hull at home, millwall home, Birmingham away and Wigan at home (1st), he could have done better.

if he stays and plays or Plays another season in the championship he will develop into a very good premier league goal keeper. If he goes somewhere to sit on the bench, that’s where he will remain.
    I think your comments have a lot of merit but zero reality. Dillon was very poorly rewarded until quite recently and I doubt his wages are jaw  dropping now. Given the current situation at CAFC where should he stay he might not actually remain a professional footballer if we go tits up, he can choose to remain or go to a Premier League club on probably five times his wages. He will also feel that he has enough confidence in his own ability and will win the number one jersey. Goodbye and good luck Dillon. You’ve actually been a really good GK for us. Get out while the goings good.
  • Familiarity breeds contempt as the saying goes.... LB needs to move on... I would never want to hear Bowyer out or anything like that.

Go with my blessing and thank you from the bottom of my old heart for bringing hope back to all of us.

Next manager??? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Lee really has a connection with Charlton and I think it’s possibly 50/50 that he leaves. I think he knows he’s done enough to get another gig further down the line if necessary so might just hang around a bit longer to see if things  sort out. I hope so anyway.
  • Wonder if Bournemouth could look at Lee if Eddie Howe decides to leave. 
  • Zero chance Bowyer will be here at the start of next season 
  • edited July 2020
    Back to having a loan keeper in goal and not having a permanent number 1 at the club. 

If I had to predict Bowyer next club I reckon Fulham job will be up for grabs shortly if Parker fails to get them promoted.
  • There is the question about being offered a suitably attractive job elsewhere first.
  • shine166 said:
    Honestly think hope that he'll be thinking the he's stuck with it this long, so might aswell see what happens over the next couple of weeks. 

Next 2 weeks are crucial then mate
  • edited July 2020
    shine166 said:
    Honestly think hope that he'll be thinking the he's stuck with it this long, so might aswell see what happens over the next couple of weeks. 

Next 2 weeks are crucial then mate
    I know that's a running joke on here, but they really are. 
  • Barnsley and Luton went for it with similar quality and we didn't. He has done extremely well for us since taking over. but I was questioning him more and more this season. Not using Sarr more, negative tactics etc... Nobody is perfect, but not sure keeping Bowyer is the biggest of our issues at the moment.
    Oh really......he is the super glue that’s holding a lot of the clubs spirit together......not just the players.
    He is a shining beacon at this moment in time.
     A pointless super glue if the club is liquidated.