Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is this not strange? Is this a set up?

edited July 2020 in General Charlton

Duchatelet realises he isn’t going to get his money back through a sale. So he does a deal with Nimer. Nimer finds a bankrupt fool with pretentions of grandeur to front and stands behind him. Said fool actually believes Christmas has come early and comes in acting Billy big bollocks. He acts as such, spending this rich Arab’s money or at least thinking he is. But no money had come in yet so it was club money.

There were no conditions to the £50m agreed payment and no questions from the fronting fool. Why so keen to own the club so money could be put in and not put money in then and there. If there was not time for due dilligence, there shouldn't have been an agreement to pay the money. The price was grossly too high for what was being purchased and Nimer agreed to sign it off against his name all the same. Nimer seemed unwilling to take a leading role, that was Southall’s job. Southall was thinking money would be coming in for transfers in January and when this didn’t happen started getting nervous and frustrated with Nimer whilst trying not to let it get out to fans.  When it was clear the money was not coming in, they fell out amongst massive fireworks.

It was then time for Southall, the patsy to get the blame. His usefulness to Nimer was over other than as a distraction factor. No money came in from ESI and the club was flipped and then some money came in to pay wages. Where did it come from? Not the new owner who it is considered unlikely to have the funds. Nobody is going to buy the club and still ESI want to own it,  ridiculous £50m commitment included. Meanwhile the EFL are yet to clear the source and sustainability of funds even with the 'new owner'. But they still want to own us!  If they still own us in potentially a matter of weeks and cannot prove source and sustainability, the likely outcome is expulsion from the league and the death of the club.

Meanwhile the original seller who seemingly stands to lose a lot of money is silent and fails to co-operate with a party willing to purchase the club. Is this not strange? The EFL either passes them or it doesn't. There has been ample time for that to happen and it hasn't. Who realistically are they hoping to sell the club to? What is the ESI plan and who stands to benefit?

Comments

• Whyever not?
    On what basis would RD not want the club to die? Surely it would be the perfect solution for him.
  • edited July 2020
    The question of why a price was agreed for £50m plus seemed ridiculous at the time and we assumed the buyer was so rich it didn't matter. It was the only explanation then and that has been shown to be wrong. maybe there was never an intention for Nimer to put the money in and the stupid amount prevented anybody else coming in and buying the club.

If you were spending £50m plus on the deal, would you get a bankrupt idiot to front it? Seriously? 
  • I think this is better on a separate thread rather than confusing the direction of the other thread.
  • edited July 2020
    There are so many things that don't make sense. But agreeing to pay a ridiculous £50m for the club and rushing that commitment through splitting the assets until it is paid is one of the biggies. Very convenient for a certain yellow toothed bastard. I mean, if Nimer was genuine, he would probably be the worst business man on the planet.
  • I honestly though this ages ago, payback, that's all it is. 
  • edited July 2020
    Yes, I wasn't claiming it as my idea but trying to put it out there again. If RD is involved, the aim has to be to get us kicked out the league. So we have a reason why he might be involved. What reason do we have for Nimer potentially spunking a fortune on a club worth half that? If he ever intended to! What reason do we have for Elliott?  
  • edited July 2020
    Shouldn't RD be shitting himself that we could go into admin? If that happened the £50m would be in the dust, he would have to find £7m for directors loans and there would probably still be a club making the assets of little real value to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• RD is paying the wages you reckon? 
  • edited July 2020
    I reckon Elliot isn't so somebody else is. I doubt it is RD, but somebody who might be working on his behalf. If Elliot is, somebody has given him the funds. Wouldn't be surprised if a payment hasn't already been made to the middle east. Maybe quite a while ago.

I also reckon it might help if it was made clear the ground will never be able to be developed on other than sports fields if Charlton do cease to exist.
  • Yes I should have said indirectly. I've never really bought into the revenge theory but if he is involved then I fear it could be the case. 
  • edited July 2020
    He was making crazy statements last season. Would you seriously not put it past him. He has a motive for all of this. Who else has? Why has ESI got an incentive to own a club it can't sell and to pay a price for it that is ridiculous?

Maybe we can help if this is the case by trying to get the land unuseable whatever happens to us.
  • I wouldn't put it past him no but he was hounded out at Liege and let it be so thought it would be the case for us.
    Struggling to see how there's a way out of this if he's involved. 
  • edited July 2020
    So why would they do it? I get Southall, it wasn't his money. But why would Nimer?
  • edited July 2020
    I probably do. I hope I still have a club to support when it is over.
  • So why would they do it? I get Southall, it wasn't his money. But why would Nimer?
    No idea. Anyway I've gone from feeling relatively happy with how the day's gone to shitty again. Cheers Muttley 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• I probably do. I hope I still have a club to support when it is over.
    Seventy two posts today wow, that must be a personal best?
  • I was hoping somebody could explain ESI's motives too. I am still hoping that happens. 
  • edited July 2020
    RedChaser said:
    Rather you count them than me. I have had the day off :) And I really fear for my club. As we all do. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Rather you count them than me. I have had the day off :)
    Keep going mate, I've given you a sub total now, you've got 45 minutes to make 27 posts for 100 not out, go for it 😉.
  • Sadly, I am running out of energy. I fear a catch to first slip is imminent. 
  • Sadly, I am running out of energy. I fear a catch to first slip is imminent. 
    You need a caffeine fix get a coffee down you 😉.
  • All things lead back to Dutchelet, he has paid the wages as nobody would put money into a club they don't own. Farnell has been involved from day one as his connections prove. Whatever part the original ESI played has been updated to try and cover tracks with its second incarnation. These people will walk away with a hefty payment from Dutchelet for services provided, the only thing that can stop him is the ex directors case. The league will expel Charlton and that's what the plan needs to reach fruition. Dutchelet has convinced himself that once the club is dead he will regain money lost by his own stupidity. 
  • It is covered off more or less in each of the Nimer, Florica, and  Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoun Al Nahyan threads. Plus the bonkers thread to a lesser extent.

I spent ages trying to argue there must be a connection back to RD. I like the idea as it's almost all too crazy for there not to be. However it's too difficult so far to confirm there is any kind of rigged deal.

Below's a graphic showing the associations as far as I've been able to capture them. I think it's an accurate reflection of names and associations -based on internet reports, a lot out of Romania- and it's no more than that. I was especially excited about Rednic having worked for RD (a few years ago) and with Florica (last year in an appraches for Dinamo), but in the end was convinced there's probably nothing in it:

I made something similar, although with post it notes on the living room mirror. Mrs 4ever was not best pleased.

I was desperate to prove it was a "set up" but I am now 95+% certain Roland has nothing to do with it and the Romanians are irrelevant. 
  • Would also explain why Southall was given 25% of the club, it’s not like he had experience in the job to warrant it. Everyone but him knew he was being given 25% of nothing?
  • edited July 2020
    My last post before bed. Southall is a complete a*hole but I suspect you are right. He acted like he believed it. He played his part and thought he had landed a dream job. When he finally worked out what was happening, he was jettisoned and blamed. He is still a cnut, but I'm increasingly thinking he was a stupid cnut rather than a corrupt one. Not defending him as he has played a massive part in this mess, even if he didn't realise what was going on.