Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• May I be the first to laugh out loud!
  • That's grand Paul. Actions not words are all any of us give a shit about know though.
  • edited July 2020
    Absolute dross. Just p*** off. Don't want you here tomorrow let alone long term.
  • I just don't understand this at all... he's talking like hes in for the longer term. Are we thinking he'll flip the club it from 4th August when the season ends? 
  • who are ya, who are ya, who are ya
  • Someone had to say something I suppose.

Nimer is still the owner though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on EFL time to clarify exactly WTF is going on 
  • T said:
    I just don't understand this at all... he's talking like hes in for the longer term. Are we thinking he'll flip the club it from 4th August when the season ends? 
    Tbf He's always said he's in for the longer term, but whether he's just putting it out there because he knows other interested parties will read it as he wants more than just a couple of quid to get the Club is another matter.

If that is the case, still don't understand how these people expect to get a return on their investement (eg the money he's supposedly put in to cover costs), when everyone and his dog knows he only owns the Club, which was only originally bought for £1 when it was seperated for the assets only 7 months ago, and all that has happened in that time is relegation, embargos and a shit load of dough stolen. 
  • Why when reading this do I hear Mouthall speaking?
  • While it is fully understandable that no one trusts anyone at the moment,the fact is we have no  alternatives.So before we slaughter Elliott,let us give it a little bit of time,there will be a turnover in playing staff very soon,see who comes and goes,judge at the outcome.

I Agree. Someone is putting money into the club to keep it going. Might not be PE but if not he is fronting for someone who is obviously funding wages etc. I do think there are things going on behind the scenes that may suprise us all
  • Come on EFL.
  • I believe the embargo allows us to spend as long as it doesn't exceed last years budget /wage which during covid might be an advantage to us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The key lesson to take from this season is that this club needs stability in ownership and that is what I will bring.

Knew it. He's a taxi driver and he's taking Barclay and Varney over to meet Duchatelet.

Good man.
  • 'I put money in' - maybe but adding a tenner to the pot each month isn't enough. Who is really funding the Club? And why?

'we' - who are this 'we'?

'Our immediate plan is to support Lee Bowyer, Steve Gallen and the footballing staff in putting a squad in place that gives us the best opportunity for an immediate return to the Championship' - and how do you achieve that whilst we are under a transfer embargo?

''We are still awaiting EFL approval of the change in control of the club'  - and when will that be? And until you get it how will you fulfil the point above? 

• I believe the embargo allows us to spend as long as it doesn't exceed last years budget /wage which during covid might be an advantage to us. 

then why did Bowyer say he's not in a position to be able to offer contracts to any of the senior players?
  • AndyG said:
    While it is fully understandable that no one trusts anyone at the moment,the fact is we have no  alternatives.So before we slaughter Elliott,let us give it a little bit of time,there will be a turnover in playing staff very soon,see who comes and goes,judge at the outcome.

I Agree. Someone is putting money into the club to keep it going. Might not be PE but if not he is fronting for someone who is obviously funding wages etc. I do think there are things going on behind the scenes that may suprise us all
    I totally agree,someone has put best part of 1.5m in in the last 3 months,now if you are up to something dodgy that is going to take some getting back,with no income,no season ticket sales to speak of and maybe 2-3 more months without gate money,and less tv money in league 1.
    It is a registration ban so no new signings.
  • AndyG said:
    While it is fully understandable that no one trusts anyone at the moment,the fact is we have no  alternatives.So before we slaughter Elliott,let us give it a little bit of time,there will be a turnover in playing staff very soon,see who comes and goes,judge at the outcome.

I totally agree,someone has put best part of 1.5m in in the last 3 months,now if you are up to something dodgy that is going to take some getting back,with no income,no season ticket sales to speak of and maybe 2-3 more months without gate money,and less tv money in league 1.
    player sales, sell-on clauses being activated (likely £2.6m from Grant alone), EFL payments.