Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

URGENT PETITION Review the statutory owners and Directors Test

edited August 2020 in General Charlton
Get signing.

This is just a suggestion but I think it be worthwhile emailing your local mp that you’ve signed this petition and to let them know your concerns about the EFL and Charlton. I’ve emailed my local MP and received a swift response and has contacted the Secretary of State on this issue.

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/331589

This is the email I’ve sent:

‘I want to let you know that I’ve signed this petition. I’m not sure if you’re into football but it concerns clubs like Charlton Athletic who I support and I’m sure you have a lot of Charlton Athletic supporters in your constituency. It’s devastating we have a organisation in the EFL who brings uncertainty and quite frankly I think they’re doing a bad job‘

Comments

• DiscoCAFC said:
    Get signing.

This is just a suggestion but I think it be worthwhile emailing your local mp that you’ve signed this petition and to let them know your concerns about the EFL and Charlton. I’ve emailed my local MP and received a swift response and has contacted the Secretary of State on this issue.

Done 
  • done .. over 13,000 signatories so far (11.40 .. 24/7)
  • Nice one.

I can honestly say I’ve had my gutful of those clowns at the EFL. The way they treated Bury was appalling. They’ve approved Wigan’s ownership and a few weeks later they’re in administration. It’s a circus what’s going on at Charlton as well. 

The EFL needs to be reformed as far as I’m concerned and get some proper footballing experts to do the job.
  • Done. I follow fanny 
  • Sponsored links:

• Signed
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    Get signing.

Any chance you could share the email you sent to your MP so others can do the same?
  • Yep. Signed this.
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    Get signing.

Any chance you could share the email you sent to your MP so others can do the same?
    Done
  • Done. 

• And me plus link sent on to everyone I know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Done and shared the link on twitter aswell 
  • edited July 2020
    Done. Good work Disco, thanks for the link.

I built on your letter to give my MP (thamesmead & Belvedere), more background, as i doubt shes as aware as she needs to be. Here's my version-

Dear Abena,

As a resident of Belvedere I want to let you know that I’ve signed the petition at https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/331589

We are in the catchment area of Charlton Athletic who I support, and like Wigan, we have been badly let down by the EFL governance processes. Charlton Athletic serves a diverse community and is proactive in that community with a strong Community and Supporters trust affiliates. We are currently undergoing a transition to new owners after many years of protest against a disinterested owner and likely criminal behaviour by intermediary directors since January this year. More than one of these has been active in the demise of other clubs including Bury FC, with associations to Bolton, Coventry and Aston Villa in their difficult times. 

I’m sure you have a lot of other Charlton Athletic supporters in your constituency,  now and in the future, IF the club can survive the current era, assisted by effective national governance. 

It’s potentially devastating that we have an organisation in the EFL who brings uncertainty and does not act in the interests of fans and communities. We need much stronger protection for football clubs before more go the way of Bury and Wigan.

Best regards,
  • Also, could you maybe change the thread  title, to "sign the petition against the EFL'? 
    @DiscoCAFC
  • @swords_alive

Agree your expansion. Is it also worth mentioning the 2 MP's who are already supporting Charlton's cause.
  • edited July 2020
    Clive Efford and Matthew Pennycock i believe. Edit- You mean mention them as supportive in an email to whoever our other local MP might be? - why not? Probably adds strength if your local MP is Labour as these are. Then they can talk to one another to strengthen the case.

When you fill out the petition it asks for postcode then suggests your MP.  Apparently our MPs only act for their consituents (rightly enough), so each fan needs to address their own MP. Important therefore to include name and full address in the email so they can verify they represent you (or at least ought to) in parliament.