Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can anyone Recommend Bluetooth ear/air pods

Not apple (far too expensive) 

Standard in ear, wireless with no neck cable 

TIA

Comments

• https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WVZTC63/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_LbBgFbWM8PQQC

I got these in December and they’ve been fine for me. Good battery life on the buds and they charge pretty quick in the box too.
  • if you’ve got an iPhone then I would say AirPod Pro, I’ve got them since lockdown and really like em.

as for other options, can’t beat Anker stuff for value and quality 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SJR6HL3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xBBgFbNKK2PQ1

• I've recently got a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania. The sound, as you'd expect from that company, is superb. However I'm still trying to work out which of the four pairs of buds keep them most secure; also, they are quite big, and because I selected the cream colour option, which looks more like beige, my wife says they look a bit like hearing aids when I wear them. But they cost less than £100, and CA is a British company, "designed and engineered in London" so they claim. You can get them for less than £100. 

I also have their Bose-beating YoYo bluetooth portable speaker, and that I recommend 100%.
  • Bose SoundSport True Free Wireless
  • The best you'll find at the moment are the Sony WF-1000XM3. If they are a little costly then go with what Prague says, the Cambridge melomania are brilliant for the price. 
  • I've recently got a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania. The sound, as you'd expect from that company, is superb. However I'm still trying to work out which of the four pairs of buds keep them most secure; also, they are quite big, and because I selected the cream colour option, which looks more like beige, my wife says they look a bit like hearing aids when I wear them. But they cost less than £100, and CA is a British company, "designed and engineered in London" so they claim. You can get them for less than £100. 

I also have their Bose-beating YoYo bluetooth portable speaker, and that I recommend 100%.
    I’ve always liked Cambridge Audio Amps and speakers. I have 4 Minx speakers as rear surround effects on my AV setup. I don’t really understand why the wireless buds are so popular, they cannot have a better sound quality at that price point than a corded set. I suppose it’s the lack of cord that appeals but I don’t see that as much of a problem, so I’m sticking with my Sennheiser IE80’s which are a good few years old now and still in perfect condition. My favourites were Klipsch x10’s, fantastic sound and fit but they fell to bits after a few months. 1 British, 1 German and 1 American but all made in China. 
    DA9 said:

TIA

Sainsbury’s are doing JVC buds for £35 reduced from £50.
  • Highly recommend anything by Nura. The Over-ear headphones are amazing. Nuraloop are what you're looking for.

Maybe too pricey too though

• Not sure what your budget is, but the Galaxy Buds+ are supposed to be excellent.

I’ve always liked Cambridge Audio Amps and speakers. I have 4 Minx speakers as rear surround effects on my AV setup. I don’t really understand why the wireless buds are so popular, they cannot have a better sound quality at that price point than a corded set. I suppose it’s the lack of cord that appeals but I don’t see that as much of a problem, so I’m sticking with my Sennheiser IE80’s which are a good few years old now and still in perfect condition. My favourites were Klipsch x10’s, fantastic sound and fit but they fell to bits after a few months. 1 British, 1 German and 1 American but all made in China. 
    DA9 said:

TIA

Funny enough I also have a pair of corded Sennheisers a good few years old, too. And I still use them. So why did I go cordless? probably age related. No not being young and cool, but the opposite, e.g:

- I'd somehow get the Sennheiser cord tangled up around the lawnmower handle and have them forcibly ripped from my ears
    - I could never quite work out in winter how to get the cord sorted so that most of it was inside my coat, but still keeping my iPhone accessible so I could change the tracks
    - I could get on the metro, pull out the phone, and by the time I had fully unravelled the cord, we'd already have gone through two stations and the next one would be mine. Invariably this shambles would be observed by a fit young lady sitting opposite who would do her best not to show that she was pissing herself laughing

I am slightly ashamed to say that it was the last one which made me say, enough!
  • edited July 2020
    I've recently got a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania. The sound, as you'd expect from that company, is superb. However I'm still trying to work out which of the four pairs of buds keep them most secure; also, they are quite big, and because I selected the cream colour option, which looks more like beige, my wife says they look a bit like hearing aids when I wear them. But they cost less than £100, and CA is a British company, "designed and engineered in London" so they claim. You can get them for less than £100. 

DA9 said:

TIA

Funny enough I also have a pair of corded Sennheisers a good few years old, too. And I still use them. So why did I go cordless? probably age related. No not being young and cool, but the opposite, e.g:

- I'd somehow get the Sennheiser cord tangled up around the lawnmower handle and have them forcibly ripped from my ears
    - I could never quite work out in winter how to get the cord sorted so that most of it was inside my coat, but still keeping my iPhone accessible so I could change the tracks
    - I could get on the metro, pull out the phone, and by the time I had fully unravelled the cord, we'd already have gone through two stations and the next one would be mine. Invariably this shambles would be observed by a fit young lady sitting opposite who would do her best not to show that she was pissing herself laughing

I am slightly ashamed to say that it was the last one which made me say, enough!
    I've gone the other way in my mid 50's, Ive added a headphone amp/DAC blu toothed to my phone. I listen to Tidal, master recordings or at least Hi-Fi quality. Its a bit of a faff getting the 3 bits going first thing on the train but I like gadgets.

I've also have a pair of over ear AKG Monitors, they are great for home use but I would look a bit weird. (or maybe weirder), with them on a train. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Go with Anker. Their SoundCore range are my recommendation.

Liberty Air Neo are decent.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Go with Anker. Their SoundCore range are my recommendation.

Liberty Air Neo are decent.
    Second this. I had the old range and then upgraded to the new ones end of last year.
  • DA9 said:

TIA

I got something call Ice pods, look just like apple ones but we’re £25...saw an ad on Instagram, work perfectly for me and charge etc. no problem
  • Thanks all