Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Latest List of Released Premier & EFL Players

Comments

• Stewart said:
    I would take Joe Dodoo back in a heartbeat.
    To do what?
  • Richard J said:
    I normally love the speculation and there are plenty of interesting options available. 

The problem is can we approach any of them in our current state? 

I can handle relegation. I just want to have a normal transfer window. 

I believe the terms of our transfer embargo mean we aren’t allowed to offer contracts to our existing players let alone new ones! 
  • edited July 2020
    Transfer embargo makes this pointless as nice as it is to dream.
  • Richard J said:
    I normally love the speculation and there are plenty of interesting options available. 

The problem is can we approach any of them in our current state? 

I can handle relegation. I just want to have a normal transfer window

We will probably get a normal Charlton transfer window under a transfer embargo I.e. sign absolutely no one of any note.
  • Armand Gnanduilet has been released by Blackpool.
  • Redrobo said:
    Armand Gnanduilet has been released by Blackpool.
    More like he's refused a new deal - Same with Morgan Fox @ Sheffield Wednesday... Its always the tricky thing with the released list as wont state if its because they're surplus to requirements 
  • Sponsored links:

• Have you got the list of players released by the national league clubs?  Asking for the owner (who ever they maybe). 
  • Nathaniel Clyne and David Silva are ok but I am hoping we set our sights above these kinds of free transfers with our ambitious owners.
    I just don’t see how those 2 would get in the team. 
  • I see Sunderland have released 27 players!
  • I see Sunderland have released 27 players!
    and I have never heard of most of them .. Sunderland have been running their own job retention scheme since long before the pandemic started .. clearing out the dead wood is an understatement, especially now that the club is up for sale yet again
  • Maybe Rob Elliott will come home after we've sold Dills.
  • Just being able to sign anyone would be nice!

Interesting to see Gnanduillet who we were linked with from Blackpool was released.

Marcus Maddison also released, it seems so long ago when we thought we were going to sign him for actual money (not that we actually had any)!

We are going to need midfielders so Liam Bridcutt could be worth a shout.
  • Ferryman said:
    Maybe Rob Elliott will come home after we've sold Dills.
    Does he actually want to be a goalkeeper, or does he fancy a cushy No 2 role again?
  • Addickted said:
    No,2 maybe (though you are forgetting he was NUFC player of the season 2016) but I bet Rob Elliott has more money than Paul Elliott
    Yes but he hasn't played a game in anger in almost three years! There will be plenty of keepers around better qualified with the number that are going to be released in the current climate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just being able to sign anyone would be nice!

Interesting to see Gnanduillet who we were linked with from Blackpool was released.

Marcus Maddison also released, it seems so long ago when we thought we were going to sign him for actual money (not that we actually had any)!

We are going to need midfielders so Liam Bridcutt could be worth a shout.
    Bridcutt was being talked about as a possible loan for us early last season .. he impressed a few when playing against us for Forest where he ended up on loan .. he finished the cut short season at Lincoln .. he's 31, experienced and could do a short term job for us .. I say again though, where's our money coming from and what is the point of signing well paid players until it's certain if & when the season will start ?

• We've released Aiden O'Brien. Would do a good job in League One.
  • What position does he play?
  • iaitch said:
    What position does he play?
    He came through as a striker with a very good record in our reserves. He was deployed mainly on the left of midfield under various managers but did well whenever he played up top in League One for us. Being as versatile as he is meant that he was never really given a proper run as a striker which, for him, was unfortunate.

I've been a big critic of his but appreciate that a lot of those criticisms were due to him, effectively, being played out of position.

You could do a lot worse right now.
  • iaitch said:
    What position does he play?
    He came through as a striker with a very good record in our reserves. He was deployed mainly on the left of midfield under various managers but did well whenever he played up top in League One for us. Being as versatile as he is meant that he was never really given a proper run as a striker which, for him, was unfortunate.

I've been a big critic of his but appreciate that a lot of those criticisms were due to him, effectively, being played out of position.

You could do a lot worse right now.
    We have  been linked with him before. 
  • edited July 2020
    Kyle Dempsey from Fleetwood was quality against us a few years back and still only 24
  • Kyle Dempsey from Fleetwood was quality against us a few years back and still only 24
    https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/fleetwood-town-midfielder-kyle-dempsey-set-depart-highbury-2922643
    Picked up an injury? - Sounds perfect!!
  • Need to remember folks that with our current situation and reputation, we will be an option of last resort for any player other than the needy and the desperate. And that’s supposing we are actually allowed to sign anyone.  Window shopping at the moment is all a bit pointless. 
  • Old habits die hard .

I know it is academic but here goes, many familiar names available. 

GK Adam Federici (Stoke) , Remi Matthews ( Bolton), David Cornell ( Northampton). 

RB Jamie Sterry ( Newcastle ) , Jazz Richards (Cardiff ) , Josh Emmanuel ( Bolton)
    LB Stephen Ward (Stoke)

Midfield Liam Bridcutt (Forest) , Marc Ough ( QPR) , Scott Wagstaff ,Anthony Wordsworth  ,(AFC Wombles) , Scott Fraser (Burton) , Ben Pringle (Gills), Ben Reeves (MKD) , Samir Carruthers (Cambridge), Rohan Ince ( Cheltenham), Jay Spearing ( Blackpool). 

Strikers  Armand Gnanduillet ( Blackpool) ,  Aiden O Brien (Millwall)