Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Positives of relegation

erm...Roland doesn't get £1.5m
Rumour is we get more than £2.5m for Karlan and remember what we did with Mr Powell when we were in League 1...he build an entire team on the Carl Jenkinson money of £2.4m

Aside from that there obviously aren't many positives but I would like to think it's just another chapter in the Charlton story we all know and love (or hate)

Critical that we know who is staying and who is going as soon as possible.
Critical we know who owns us and their plans for us.

For those at the club I doubt there is time for a holiday - next season starts now

See you all next season....thankfully it all starts soon so we won't have to wait too long to get a football fix

Comments

• No money to be made now for these chancers who own/dont own us
  • The crooks get more than £2.5m for Karlan dont you mean?

We'll certainly get to see what the fuss is about with regards to more of our kids

When does the new League One season start, the way it got decided on PPG I'd question if L1 and L2 will start at the same time as the Premier League and Championship
  • Surely that's Southall's money for consultancy.
  • Maybe win more games ?! 
  • Cheaper to buy to get us out of this mess? 
  • The crooks get more than £2.5m for Karlan dont you mean?

We'll certainly get to see what the fuss is about with regards to more of our kids

When does the new League One season start, the way it got decided on PPG I'd question if L1 and L2 will start at the same time as the Premier League and Championship
    I believe pre-season starts in 3 weeks
  • Swisdom said:
    erm...Roland doesn't get £1.5m
    Rumour is we get more than £2.5m for Karlan and remember what we did with Mr Powell when we were in League 1...he build an entire team on the Carl Jenkinson money of £2.4m

Aside from that there obviously aren't many positives but I would like to think it's just another chapter in the Charlton story we all know and love (or hate)

Critical that we know who is staying and who is going as soon as possible.
    Critical we know who owns us and their plans for us.

For those at the club I doubt there is time for a holiday - next season starts now

See you all next season....thankfully it all starts soon so we won't have to wait too long to get a football fix
    Well anyone that is out of contract is going because we are not allowed to offer any senior player a contract renewal. 

There really are no positives to this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2020
    The only positive I can see is that the asking price could be lower and we could be rescued from this shit show. I don’t think there is any other positive to be taken. Bowyer and Co worked so hard to get out of the dire division that we will be playing in next season.  We have to do it all again, and the it looks like without Bowyer. 
  • Can’t see there being many buyers other than PV and AB who want to but a league one club . It might root out the  con men . 
  • The only positive I can see is that the asking price could be lower and we could be rescued from this shit show. I don’t think there is any other positive to be taken. Bowyer and Co worked so hard to get out of the dire division that we will be playing in next season.  We have to do it all again, and the it looks like without Bowyer. 
    Honestly, when will people stop trying to project rational thoughts when it comes to Roland, it’s just not how he sees the world.
  • Ipswich, Portsmouth, Wigan and Sunderland will all roll over
  • Gillingham away on the best stand in England
  • se9addick said:
    The only positive I can see is that the asking price could be lower and we could be rescued from this shit show. I don’t think there is any other positive to be taken. Bowyer and Co worked so hard to get out of the dire division that we will be playing in next season.  We have to do it all again, and the it looks like without Bowyer. 
    Honestly, when will people stop trying to project rational thoughts when it comes to Roland, it’s just not how he sees the world.
    I do apologise.
  • I won't be tempted to renew my season tickets
  • We can now have a good long rest from football. The government say that sports stadiums can reopen in October. I can't see League One restarting behind closed doors, so not in September as the EFL are planning.
  • We get to play in the Johnstone Paint trophy again.
  • The only positive I can see is that the asking price could be lower and we could be rescued from this shit show. I don’t think there is any other positive to be taken. Bowyer and Co worked so hard to get out of the dire division that we will be playing in next season.  We have to do it all again, and the it looks like without Bowyer. 
    Why without bowyer? What have I missed?
  • Sponsored links:

• The check-a-trade is surely ours (if it still exists)
  • Round 1 of the FA Cup... how depressing...
  • We won’t look as much out of place in finance terms, as League One in a time of no crowds - and then continuing social distancing - is going to be bleak.
  • Struggling to see any positives, we've still got the same owners, some other chancers/crooks pretending to be owners, about 8 players under contract and unable to sign any due to EFL embargo, a manager who'll sign for Birmingham within days........ 

Jacksons legs may have gone but at this rate he'll be starting next season at left back with Basey as understudy......... Marshall might have to go in goal.
  • At least we get to play Sunderland again. 
    I get to tick of Lincoln. 
  • If we can keep Bowyer and most of tonight’s players
    if the new guys invest, M Bonne should score more goals in the first division.............
    probably an optimistic pipe dream gentleman 😂😂
  • Stewart said:
    At least we get to play Sunderland again. 
    I get to tick of Lincoln. 
    Lincoln away will be first game of season but fan ban will still be in place.