Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sarr to Coventry ?

Because he’s out of contract and we can’t sign anybody, I’m reading that Coventry are looking at him. 

Comments

• Imagine thats come from the local Coventry news article and potentially quoted by elsewhere?

If so its the laziest journalism I've ever seen

Basically points out that we've a number of players out of contract and suggests that any one of them could be ideal for Coventry
  • Would we wan't to give him a new contract even if we could ? 
  • It was nice reading the other day that Bowyer would try and offer him a new deal (if he could) regardless of the League next year
  • I would. 
    I would as well but i'm not sure everyone would agree. 
  • new contract ? .. not for me .. he's unreliable and flaky under pressure .. money will be tight, I believe he's on a good earner .. if so, the money would be better spent, on a proven striker for instance
    Bowyer says yes, so I say yes. 
  • new contract ? .. not for me .. he's unreliable and flaky under pressure .. money will be tight, I believe he's on a good earner .. if so, the money would be better spent, on a proven striker for instance
    You won't get a 'proven' striker at this level for the wages (about £6k) Sarr has been on. 
    Has anyone asked @Leuth?
  • edited July 2020
    Brave man who tells Naby he's being sent to Coventry!
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    new contract ? .. not for me .. he's unreliable and flaky under pressure .. money will be tight, I believe he's on a good earner .. if so, the money would be better spent, on a proven striker for instance
    You won't get a 'proven' striker at this level for the wages (about £6k) Sarr has been on. 
    that will depend on what 'level' we'll be at
    I thought I saw Bowyer said the other day that he would want to?
  • Think I’d be inclined to offer him a new deal if it was possible. 
  • Can we not offer him a contract the same as what he's on now?
  • edited July 2020
    Can we not offer him a contract the same as what he's on now?
    I thought he was our highest paid player by a country mile but I may have that wrong!
  • Simonsen said:
    Definitely yes for me. It might be different if we had a lot more creativity in the squad but we haven't and he creates more than most. He has been integral to our more positive pattern of play, getting on the ball and feeding the left side or playing occasional switches. He has also improved with experience and his best years could still be ahead of him. 

I don't know what his wage level is but I'm pretty sure it will be hard to find someone of his ability for anything less. Can anyone offer a wage comparison between Sarr and say, a regular QPR or Sheff Wed centre-back? (i.e. a comparison with a middle of the road, established Championship defender). 
    Allegedly at QPR 
    Yoann Barbet is on £7k a week
    Grant Hall is on £10k a week
    Toni Leistner is on £15k a week

Allegedly at Wednesday

Tom Lees £25k a week
    Dominic Iorfa £11k a week
    oh and Morgan Fox was on £8k a week as one of their lowest paid players
  •  <3 Naby, master of the cross field ping.  Bowyer has said they would offer him a new deal whatever division we are in so he <3 Naby too
  • Sponsored links:

•  Still pissed off over his lack of attempt to muscle off and out jump Smith v Millwall this season, you know the outcome.......................... wherever he ends up though I wish him well, seems a likeable genuine bloke.
  • I would. 
    I would as well but i'm not sure everyone would agree. 
    Given our current situation (assuming the embargo is lifted) I would just because we have no one else. However I do not think he's good enough for this level. I think some people's views get clouded with some of the goals he's scored. Yes he can ping a ball 40 yards but it's just as likely to go to an opponent as to one of our own. He makes a lot of mistakes and I don't think he's good enough in the air. I feel he'll go down as a cult hero but I just don't think he's very good.
  • Leuth said:
    Fucking Coventry? Coventry? 
    Season ticket at Coventry for #Leuth 
  • edited July 2020
    Imagine thats come from the local Coventry news article and potentially quoted by elsewhere?

If so its the laziest journalism I've ever seen

Basically points out that we've a number of players out of contract and suggests that any one of them could be ideal for Coventry
    This. Go & read the article that this all stems from. If you can't be bothered I'll sum it up below.....

"Charlton have players out of contract in the summer and it looks like they can't re-sign then due to their transfer embargo. One player out of contract is Nabby Sarr, a left footed defender. Could well suit Coventry as they need one"

Non-story & would be a good idea to close this thread now.
  • I would. 
    Agreed. And I'd give him a new contract too!
  • Sarr would be one of the first out of contract players I'd re-sign. 

PlayerDate of birth / AgeNat.End of contractContract option

Tomer HemedTomer Hemed
    Centre-Forward
    May 2, 1987 (33)Israel
    Poland
    31.07.2020-
    Jonathan WilliamsJonathan Williams
    Attacking Midfield
    Oct 9, 1993 (26)Wales
    England
    31.07.2020Option for a further year
    Naby SarrNaby Sarr
    Centre-Back
    Aug 13, 1993 (26)Senegal
    France
    31.07.2020-

Adam MatthewsAdam Matthews
    Right-Back
    Jan 13, 1992 (28)Wales31.07.2020-
    Jake Forster-CaskeyJake Forster-Caskey
    Central Midfield
    Apr 25, 1994 (26)England31.07.2020Option for a further year

Ben AmosBen Amos
    Goalkeeper
    Apr 10, 1990 (30)England31.07.2020Option for a further year
    Lewis PageLewis Page 
    Left-Back
    May 20, 1996 (24)England31.07.2020performance option

Out of those, I'd activate all 3 options for another year and re-sign Sarr and Matthews no matter what league we're in. 

Hemed hasn't shown enough, especially given his seniority, but also hasn't really developed a partnership up top. Not good enough to renew.  
    Page, I wish he could have got back fit, but we can't be carrying players. Maybe re-sign on PAYP?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    new contract ? .. not for me .. he's unreliable and flaky under pressure .. money will be tight, I believe he's on a good earner .. if so, the money would be better spent, on a proven striker for instance
    I'm a buyer at 6k a week....
  • He's inconsistent and makes me nervous but his upside outweighs that. I'd give him another contract.
  • Sarr is good enough for L1. Not sure about the championship.