Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nathan Ferguson

absolutely ridiculous what has happened in regards to him and it needs to be looked into IMO

Was set to join Palace in January for £11M but the deal fell through due to medical issues apparently

He has now joined Palace for free after his West Brom contract expired and they will only have to pay a minimum amount in training compensation

You can't help but think this was a plan from Palace all along, say it failed for medical reasons but speak to his agent at the same time and say you will be offering him this amount of money at the end of the season when his contract expires so that him and his agent know this offer will be there from Palace

Comments

• absolutely ridiculous what has happened in regards to him and it needs to be looked into IMO

Was set to join Palace in January for £11M but the deal fell through due to medical issues apparently

He has now joined Palace for free after his West Brom contract expired and they will only have to pay a minimum amount in training compensation

You can't help but think this was a plan from Palace all along, say it failed for medical reasons but speak to his agent at the same time and say you will be offering him this amount of money at the end of the season when his contract expires so that him and his agent know this offer will be there from Palace
    If that's true (the last bit), it's fraud and it would cost Palace a lot more than £11m.
  • Where's the fraud?

Palace declined to buy him in January, that's their right.

Harsh on WBA but same as for any out of contract player ie Taylor joining them on a free.

• edited July 2020
    He's under U24 so a tribunal will set a fee unless the two clubs come to an agreement - They may well decide it should be £11m if thats what Palace were going to pay
  • Where's the fraud?

Harsh on WBA but same as for any out of contract player ie Taylor joining them on a free.

Just seems weird they had agreed a deal with the club to sign him for £11m spoke to player and agent and then pulled out last minute saying it was due to medical reasons.

Then a few months later get him on a free and will have to pay probably a couple of million instead of £11M

Can see why Bilic is fuming
  • Leaving aside whether it was deliberate, the whole affair stinks, but then that's down to the ridiculously small compensation clubs have to pay for such young players, and the lack of loyalty they show to the clubs that paid for their development - 11 years in the case of Ferguson

And when the reply comes in that clubs release lots of young players, so what! They've had years of free training for which they've paid nothing, which they can use to get a job elsewhere, maybe playing football or coaching, as a fitness instructor etc

It makes Bellingham stand out, as he could have easily just signed for Dortmund, cutting out Birmingham who would have got bugger all.
  • edited July 2020
    As well you could argue its silly of West Brom the same way we were stupid with Karlan Grant

Correct me if Im wrong but this is Nathan Ferguson's first real season with the club - Unless you've a twat on an owner why are you taking the risk of putting a kid in the first team with their contract running out?

Surely they had to realise that within a few months he was going to have scouts turning up the way any club would act the moment a kid breaks on to the scene

Why they didnt sort something out long before January is their own fault in my opinion and your just asking for clubs higher up the foot chain to pick off your kids when they're out of contract 

Didnt realise he was another who left their club after 30th June though, that seemed to be kept quiet
  • Where's the fraud?

No fraud, but a big difference between us signing and losing Taylor for nothing, and a youngster which the club has coached and developed for 10 years

And to be fair Palace themselves have lost players in this way (like Bostock)
  • Sounds a bit like how Ross Barkley moved to Chelsea
  • edited July 2020
    He hasn't played for WBA since the 28th January i.e. following his failed medical.

Good to see Roy signing another defender though. When you've got no one who has managed double figures in all competitions and his team has scored 30 League goals all season, it's just the sort of signing he should be looking to make!
  • Sponsored links:

• He would have been allowed to talk to clubs from January anyway wouldn’t he?

shitcunt palace could have just agreed in January to sign him in the summer without the need for any false tales of injury.
  • Where's the fraud?

The fraud would be if Palace had falsely claimed the player had failed a medical in order to avoid paying a transfer fee.  

shitcunt palace could have just agreed in January to sign him in the summer without the need for any false tales of injury.
    Thought that was only with clubs outside of England?
  • Where's the fraud?

No fraud, but a big difference between us signing and losing Taylor for nothing, and a youngster which the club has coached and developed for 10 years

Yes, Taylor isn't the same but my point was that WBA will take advantage in the same way from other clubs.

The system of compensation is wrong but Palace aren't doing anything wrong or different from other clubs, including us picking up players at the end of their deals such as Taylor and Lockyer.

As @ForeverAddickted said West Brom didn't tie him down to a new deal so they lose out.

I wouldn't be happy if I was Bilic but then Bowyer wasn't happy about Aribo.

I thought you could speak to who you want if you’ve only got six months with the only difference for under24’s being that a fee still needs to be paid
  • Where's the fraud?

Yes, Taylor isn't the same but my point was that WBA will take advantage in the same way from other clubs.

The system of compensation is wrong but Palace aren't doing anything wrong or different from other clubs, including us picking up players at the end of their deals such as Taylor and Lockyer.

As @ForeverAddickted said West Brom didn't tie him down to a new deal so they lose out.

The difference here with other clubs buying Taylor is Palace had agreed a deal with West Brom for Ferguson then pulled out due to an 'Issue with his medical' now he is a free transfer they are happy to sign him.

If it was a different club signing him now I don't think it would be as much of an issue, but the fact its the same club that pulled out a few moths ago after they had agreed an £11M deal with the club seems a bit weird 
  • Where's the fraud?

We didn't produce Aribo, nor did we produce Lookman or indeed Pope

The logical end of all the current system is that more clubs will just close their academies, and just rely (like Brentford) on signing players aged 16+ produced by someone else.
  • edited July 2020
    Where's the fraud?

We didn't produce Aribo, nor did we produce Lookman or indeed Pope

The logical end of all the current system is that more clubs will just close their academies, and just rely (like Brentford) on signing players aged 16+ produced by someone else.
    Dont think Henry mentioned Aribo in the same sense as Ferguson in terms of an Academy product - More the fact that its a repeat of the Managers not being happy at losing their players when they could sign a deal and still be sold yet will just earn the selling club more money

Dont forget we got compensation for Fosu simply because he was U24 when we sold him and offered him a token contract to get that

Aribo is especially annoying as had he gone to an English club as rumoured we'd have received about £2m for him, as it was we received nothing as he went "abroad"

At least West Brom will get something
  • He hasn't played for WBA since the 28th January i.e. following his failed medical.

Good to see Roy signing another defender though. When you've got no one who has managed double figures in all competitions and his team has scored 30 League goals all season, it's just the sort of signing he should be looking to make!
    Its alright, hes got Lyle lined up
  • Where's the fraud?

The difference here with other clubs buying Taylor is Palace had agreed a deal with West Brom for Ferguson then pulled out due to an 'Issue with his medical' now he is a free transfer they are happy to sign him.

If it was a different club signing him now I don't think it would be as much of an issue, but the fact its the same club that pulled out a few moths ago after they had agreed an £11M deal with the club seems a bit weird 
    Maybe there was a genuine medical concern that meant they weren’t prepared to pay £11m but now they’re happy to take a risk on him on a cheaper deal? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Where's the fraud?

Would be fraud if they made the offer only to speak to the player. Thus making their interest obvious, their salary offer known and unsettle the player ready to snap him up later for much less. 

However, it's much more likely they chose not to sign him and their interest had provoked Ferguson into thinking his options. Like you say, exactly what happened to someone like Taylor who knows he has interest. 

Correct, he cannot speak to clubs in England until the final month of his contract. 
  • Might be an insurance job , they couldn’t get him insured for £11m cos of a certain problem and now the problem may be sorted or a different insurance set up be entered in to cos his “overall” cost won’t be as much