Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karlan Grant - £15m move

edited July 2020 in General Charlton
Do we have a sell on clause ? They have accepted a £15 million bid today. 

Comments

• Going to a rival Championship club

Would love to know what team can afford that as there cant be many
  • Possibly something to do with why Cowley got sacked.
  • I would be pleasantly surprised if we did.
  • Norwich I reckon 
  • edited July 2020
    Going to a rival Championship club

Would love to know what team can afford that as there cant be many
    Someone coming down, or someone going up I guess.  Leeds?  25 minute drive down the M62 from Hudds.
  • What did we/Roland get for him? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t wait to see what Golfie thinks :-))
  • If we have got a sell on fee it might pay Rolands 1.5 mill staying up bonus.
  • Valley11 said:
    What did we/Roland get for him? 
    Reportedly two million.  The loan to Crawley made a man of him.  We saw him in a pre-season friendly when he returned to us, and it was immediately obvious he had the cutting edge - and cockiness - of a proper striker.
  • Reckon it's a team that just missed out on the playoffs, closer to home than Huddersfield is
  • Can’t wait to see what Golfie thinks :-))
    Karlan who.....?

Doesn't surprise me though. The only thing in life that is guaranteed is death, taxes & ex-Charlton players being sold on for more than we got for them in the first place.
  • True? .... joke or just somebody's wishful thinking? Wiki has been changed already!

Birmingham City[edit]

On 19 July 2020, Grant joined Birmingham City for £2,500,000, signing a contract until the summer of 2023. Karlan Grant has left the terriers shortley after the latest manager Danny Cowley had been sacked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlan_Grant

• 15 mil  ? .Football has gone fucking mad . He’s not worth a tenth of that . 
  • Hope we have no sell on fee, fuck our owners (whoever they are) and fuck him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Have Birmingham got 15m?  So Karlan finds the financial offer enough to compensate for playing in the "most likely to go into admin next year" mid table sloggers?
  • Maybe Fulham to go up top with Mitrovic assuming they don't go up would be a good fit and they have daft money.
  • Have Birmingham got 15m?  So Karlan finds the financial offer enough to compensate for playing in the "most likely to go into admin next year" mid table sloggers?
    Potentially through the sale of Bellingham
  • In the current financial climate it can surely only be Leeds or Norwich, depending on which one you're technically classing as currently a championship side.

Can't see too many other Championship clubs having 15m to spend on a striker. Bournemouth or Villa obviously if they come down too.

Brentford perhaps as an outside bet, as he would fit the mould for their type of signing and they may be getting 20m+ for Benrahma. But surely they would wait to see what division they'll be in before bidding?
  • It’s West Brom. My Huddersfield mate said they are selling to them to avoid going into administration