Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

edited October 2020 in General Charlton
I dont know if I, as an everyday scrub, can make this post, but I was looking for it as I heard we were linked with the guy from love island. Couldn't find it so made my own.

It weird to have rumours flying when there are so many games left but time is short and thing will fly thick and fast.

Comments

• Ahh Dennon Lewis 23 lb, 11 goals for wealdstone last year, think it may be a joke though I was searching for confirmation 
  • Third thread about this player.....are you his agent or Alan Nixon per chance...?
  • Nah couldn't find it haha 😂 but I am terrible at searching through CL
  • Maybe this thread could be used for potential reality show rumours/signings only.
  • Luca Albon, academy product, has announced on twitter that he's leaving.

I assume he's been released.

Good luck to him in the future.
  • Luca Albon, academy product, has announced on twitter that he's leaving.

I assume he's been released.

Good luck to him in the future.
    Thats a bit disappointing as thought people rated him on here?
  • Yes he is a decent player.
  • Pitty if he has chosen to walk but in our current state who could blame him I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would be be surprised if he has been released.
  • Youngsters leaving means either we can't afford to keep them or they are surplus to requirements.
  • Pearce needs replacing as he’s coming to the end and Sarr is likely to leave in the summer

Gillingham have a decent centre back. Young, 6’3”, loves to tackle and block. Could do with a bit of work Positionally but likely to be relatively inexpensive.

a mate of mine is a ST holder there and I asked him. He’s very knowledgeable on football and reckons he is probably too good for them and could be worth a look

Jack Tucker is his name. Anyone seen or heard of him?
  • Swisdom said:
    Pearce needs replacing as he’s coming to the end and Sarr is likely to leave in the summer

Gillingham have a decent centre back. Young, 6’3”, loves to tackle and block. Could do with a bit of work Positionally but likely to be relatively inexpensive.

a mate of mine is a ST holder there and I asked him. He’s very knowledgeable on football and reckons he is probably too good for them and could be worth a look

Is he left footed?

If we lose Sarr and use Pearce less we will need a leftie to ensure that the balance of the team is in tact. 
  • Richard J said:
    Swisdom said:
    Pearce needs replacing as he’s coming to the end and Sarr is likely to leave in the summer

Is he left footed?

If we lose Sarr and use Pearce less we will need a leftie to ensure that the balance of the team is in tact. 
    Two footed and good in the air according to Gillingham manager Evans. Tucker is also from my home town. Never heard of him before he was mentioned on here.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5444662/rangers-celtic-target-jack-tucker-everything-gillingham-evans/
  • Swisdom said:

Pearce will still be around for another year. The on pitch leadership he and Pratters provide makes up for the lack of pace

It will be interesting what happens with Sarr. Unlike Solly for example, he extended to the end of the season, so that suggests he wants to stay. Not sure we can justify his current wage, especially if we go down, but on the other hand he's exactly the type of ball playing CB you need to play 3 at the back properly
    Is Sarr's current wage more than a decent replacement's wage would be? 
  • Simonsen said:
    Swisdom said:

Pearce will still be around for another year. The on pitch leadership he and Pratters provide makes up for the lack of pace

It will be interesting what happens with Sarr. Unlike Solly for example, he extended to the end of the season, so that suggests he wants to stay. Not sure we can justify his current wage, especially if we go down, but on the other hand he's exactly the type of ball playing CB you need to play 3 at the back properly
    Is Sarr's current wage more than a decent replacement's wage would be? 
    Yup
  • Glad that we are starting to talk players. 

GK. Hopefully Amos and Phiilips stay so for the first summer for a while we don't need anyone. 

RB. Replacement for Solly. Hopefully Matthews stays.

LB At least one. Purrington concerns me at this level but is probably okay as cover.

Centre Backs. I agree that this needs reinforcements. 

Midfield. Depends on who leaves. We certainly need a new Cullen. West Ham will want him next year. The last three games he has been a class above. 

Striker. Clearly we need at least one new player. 
  • Would like to see us sign a few wingers, we always look a far better team when we play with width. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

It's not just his lack of pace, which is a problem, it's his inconsistency in the air and the fact that he's awful on the ball. He drops deeper and deeper to prevent getting done for pace. It keeps us from playing a high line and pressing, and building from the back. Having him and Pratley in the team ensures we play one way, backs against the walls, hard working but little possession. Relying on counters and set pieces for goals. It's working for us at the moment, and it worked at the start of the season, but over the course of a season teams will find you out, and we need to be more multi-dimensional. Having them as regular starters next year will make us very predictable. And we're also going to knacker ourselves out from not having the ball. 
  • Richard J said:
    Glad that we are starting to talk players. 

GK. Hopefully Amos and Phiilips stay so for the first summer for a while we don't need anyone. 

LB At least one. Purrington concerns me at this level but is probably okay as cover.

Midfield. Depends on who leaves. We certainly need a new Cullen. West Ham will want him next year. The last three games he has been a class above. 

Agree. Although I reckon Oshilaja will be considered the back up to Matthews. 2 centre backs a left back,  2 or 3 in midfield and 2 up front. That’s all without losing anybody (barring the loan signings). 

I’d probably release Hemed and Page. Sarr I’d offer a new deal but on reduced terms. Not quite sure what the contract situation is with Williams, but hopefully he will be around next season - same with JFC. 
  • Senpai said:
    Richard J said:
    Swisdom said:

Is he left footed?

Two footed and good in the air according to Gillingham manager Evans. Tucker is also from my home town. Never heard of him before he was mentioned on here.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5444662/rangers-celtic-target-jack-tucker-everything-gillingham-evans/
    Probably no chance if the Glasgow clubs are after him. Also a bit weird to see them going after Gillingham players, a sign of the strength of the league up there?
  • When does the transfer window open and are we not under a transfer embargo
  • Richard J said:
    Glad that we are starting to talk players. 

Agree. Although I reckon Oshilaja will be considered the back up to Matthews. 2 centre backs a left back,  2 or 3 in midfield and 2 up front. That’s all without losing anybody (barring the loan signings). 

I’d probably release Hemed and Page. Sarr I’d offer a new deal but on reduced terms. Not quite sure what the contract situation is with Williams, but hopefully he will be around next season - same with JFC. 
    I'd agree with that. Although in an ideal world I'd only have one of Sarr and Pearce. I think we need a quality CB to partner Lockyer. 
  • Senpai said:
    Richard J said:
    Swisdom said:

Is he left footed?

Probably no chance if the Glasgow clubs are after him. Also a bit weird to see them going after Gillingham players, a sign of the strength of the league up there?
    I know, League One is a big step up!
  • Senpai said:
    Richard J said:
    Swisdom said:

Is he left footed?

Not if he's too good League 1. I'm sure there's quite a few players in League 1 good enough to play at the top of the Championship. He's only 20 too. 
  • Would like to see us sign a few wingers, we always look a far better team when we play with width. 
    Lookman lol?! Loan?! Doesnt even get on as a sub atm
  • Senpai said:
    Richard J said:
    Swisdom said:

Is he left footed?

I hadn't seen that link.  That's a bummer as he's clearly out of range financially.  Club should have listened to me in January.  I'll see if I can unearth a coupe of other rough diamonds